Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

I decided that some of the girls needed some maintenance cleanup to remove some dead leaves, some of the branches that will only produce smalls, and also removed a few fan leaves that were covering up budsites and to allow better penetration in some of the more dense foliage. I didn't go overboard and really just wanted to open up the budsites slightly.

DSC097851.JPG
DSC09787.JPG

After I was done with the sliight cleanup/defoliation, I decided to just check my brix readings to see where they stand. I new that the plants seemed pretty healthy and happy due to the good leaf posture, but I wasn't really seeing much of that "plastic" high brix look and shine to them, so I guessed I was below 16 brix which seems to be where the plants really start showing the shine.

So for each leaf, I picked a older fan leaf as usual, around 4-5 nodes down as I always do to keep things consistant. I typically take the readings earlier in their daylight period, but I didn't think about it until now, so the readings might be slightly lower than in the morning hours. I took 2 readings of each leaf...one of the sap, immediately as it was removed from the plant (the little bubble of sap that forms at the cut) and then I took the 2nd reading of the mashed ball of leaf material as I usually do, squeezing a few drops onto the refractometer.

Here are the readings...

GSC
Sap- 9 brix
Leaf- 14.5-15 brix

Churchberry
Sap 5.5 brix
Leaf 14 brix

Ogiesel
Sap- 8.5 brix
Leaf- 15 brix

Blue Dream
Sap- 5 brix
Leaf- 12.5-13 brix

Purple Urkle
Sap 11 brix
Leaf- 16.5-17 brix

Grandaddy Purple
Sap 7 brix
Leaf 17 brix

DSC09790.JPG

Great to see you taking brix readings, ive been meaning to get one for months now but busy blah blah blah :)

Those are some great numbers as is too, just about to that 16 mark. What is the highest consistent reading you've got???

Ive got my eye on that blue dream, ive got a few vegging for flower soon, never grown it only LOVED THE SMOKE for years now as you do too I see :)

Great to see you taking brix readings, ive been meaning to get one for months now but busy blah blah blah :)

Those are some great numbers as is too, just about to that 16 mark. What is the highest consistent reading you've got???

Ive got my eye on that blue dream, ive got a few vegging for flower soon, never grown it only LOVED THE SMOKE for years now as you do too I see :)

Thanks Sir Grow Alot! I enjoy taking the readings, when I can remember to do it :) lol I really just use them as a personal "pat on the back" lol to see if I am in the range of healthy plants... but don't really take enough readings to really have any consistency to the readings...I have had some plants in the past that have tested above 20 brix, on a few readings spaced out...but again I don't really have a scheduled brix sample time frame or formula to use the data more than just a reference.

I too love blue dream...the smell, the taste, the energetic high... one of my favorites of all time :) I really hope my cut is the real deal this run.... so far It seems to be, but I thought the same about the last cut I run which turned out to be a fake... got my fingers crossed this run :)

Great updates and info Ice :)

I really like the technical aspects of your journals. :bravo:

Thanks Ronnie! I love taking the analytical approach :) It just like my personality :)

Hey everyone...

I thought it would be cool to shoot some up close photos of the diodes in the XTE lights to show they are in fact Cree and OSLON chips.

OSRAM OSLON SSL 80 Hyper Red
DSC098081.JPG

Cree XPE Red (Not 100% sure but seems to be this chip)
DSC09836.JPG

Cree XTE White
DSC09834.JPG

Cree XTE Blue
DSC09818.JPG

IR dual diode chip (looks like an Epistar) not many LEd companies make IR chips.
DSC098281.JPG

Trichomes already!! on day 14??!!! Maybe it has happened before but it seems awefully early to see trichomes already creeping up the leaves... The blue dream is already showing a ton on the newer leaves!! wow...!

So just wanted to shoot some photos of the girls today...

DSC09837.JPG
DSC09838.JPG
DSC098392.JPG
DSC09840.JPG
DSC098412.JPG
DSC098422.JPG
DSC098422.JPG
DSC098432.JPG
DSC09845.JPG
DSC098462.JPG
DSC09847.JPG
DSC09848.JPG
DSC098531.JPG
DSC098541.JPG
DSC09859.JPG

HAHA. Those last three shots makes your plants look like rock stars on stage. Which they are.

:rofl:
I like this guy already!

Back
Top Bottom