Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

Whoa...

I'm just saying; I'm a wanna be lover not a fighter... LOL

Hey Ice.....i have a question for you....sorry if you already explained.....but your plants in the middle....why dont you raise them to be even with the ones on the sides of them?....once again sorry if you already explained:)
regardless they look awesome:):bravo:

Great question Green Dreams... I actually tried to put the 5 gallon pot on top of a upside down 5 gallon bucket as Ii did in past grows with shorter plants, but the plant was too tall for that, and I couldn't find another solution that was smaller but also would fit.... I didn't worry too much about it though because these lights are so bright, I still am getting about 700-750 umol at the top of that plant which is optimal for flowering... :)

Cool Ice....thanks for clarifying that for me.....makes sense:) as long as your getting the light you require then hell yeah:):cheer:

Yeah it was definitely what I was thinking too... I may try to figure out something else...maybe if I flip one of my extra 5 gallon pots over it will hold it but be shorter...will have to try it tonight.. more light wouldnt be a bad thing in the least :)

Icemud, you try a cinder block?

It probably would work great...good idea... I will have to see if there are any locally I can pick up.

Happy Saturday/Sunday everyone!!!

Today makes day 17 of flowering for my girls under the Advanced LED XTE 300's, and wow, so far completely impressed :) The girls look extremely good, the buds are forming very nicely and all the girls have very heavy trichome formation already! I'm stoked!

So I wrapped up their compost tea round last week and so these next few days will be getting some r/o water, epsum salt, and a 1/4 dosage of some D&S bloom and then it will be plain ro water and cal mag for the rest of the week.

The Veg tent is also looking really good and developing nicely. I couuldn't be more pleased with the EX-Veg 200's as I am only running each panel at 1/2 wattage and they still are providing a very nice illumination for my ladies. Probably in the next week or 2 I will be repotting the plants into 5 gallon pots, and then picking the next 6 that I will be flowering.

So here are the photo's of the ladies tonight :)

DSC098661.JPG
DSC098671.JPG
DSC09868.JPG
DSC09869.JPG
DSC09870.JPG
DSC09872.JPG
DSC09873.JPG
DSC098742.JPG
DSC098752.JPG
DSC09876.JPG
DSC09877.JPG
DSC098781.JPG
DSC09879.JPG

:morenutes:

you must like to just sit there and stare
I know I would :volcano-smiley:

Yeah It is definitely mesmerizing to look at... especially the all blue lights... plays tricks on my eyes..lol :) Its actually quite peaceful to leave open and enjoy the blue hue :) Not only do they grow weed, but offer excellent mood lighting for your grow area :) lol

Hi, Ice. I had to create an account and thank you for the awesome thread. I do have a question. I am in the process of replacing a 4 bulb t5 unit for an led for my veg cab. I veg 3 plants in 1 gallon smart pots for 3weeks, then xplant to 7 gallon for 3 weeks. (i grow tall plants for my vert donut) Rols no till organics. Would a single 200 ex veg give me better light penetration for my 3 plants for 24" plants? The t5 seemes to be really weak after that first 16 inches or so.

Or do you have a different suggestion? I was also looking at one of the cheaper models in the 100 watt diamond. Most people have recommended the A-51. I just dont see spending 500 on a light im only ever going to use half of.

Again, great grow looking forward to seeing your yield results.

Hi, Ice. I had to create an account and thank you for the awesome thread. I do have a question. I am in the process of replacing a 4 bulb t5 unit for an led for my veg cab. I veg 3 plants in 1 gallon smart pots for 3weeks, then xplant to 7 gallon for 3 weeks. (i grow tall plants for my vert donut) Rols no till organics. Would a single 200 ex veg give me better light penetration for my 3 plants for 24" plants? The t5 seemes to be really weak after that first 16 inches or so.

Or do you have a different suggestion? I was also looking at one of the cheaper models in the 100 watt diamond. Most people have recommended the A-51. I just dont see spending 500 on a light im only ever going to use half of.

Again, great grow looking forward to seeing your yield results.

First let me post this photo....
IMG_0002245.JPG

The plants on the right side of the tent are in 5 gallon square pots and are approx 2 1/2' tall at the time of this photo (from the top of the pots). The light that is directly above it in this photo is the EX-veg 200 with both channels ON.... and what I experienced was very good penetration and it seemed that even my bushy plants were thriving. I would say 1 of the EX-VEG 200's would probably be good for a 2x4 area for veg, they are very very bright. The best part is when the plants are young, you can turn off half of the panel and save money, and still get amazing results (as I currently have the lights set).

I would at this point say they are a very good purchase... My plants seem to love them.

When I measured the Umol ratings of these lights I was blown away..evey at 3' away from the panel I was getting 430 umol which is more than enough for veg and that was at a 3' distance.

Back
Top Bottom