I'm new to LEDs

Welcome aboard

Lots of info here

Start reading the How Toos in FAQs

Search threads for the strains yer growing and the medium yer gunna use

Start a journal once you start

Ask any specific questions you have

And have fun

You can read, read and read, or just ask a question in YOUR new grow journal.
Much easier to get help of you start a journal. The link to do that is below in my signature box.
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Welcome to the community. I have multiple different led lights, all cheapies. If you have some questions about leds just ask. If your 1000w light is one of those than I will let you know the light is good for 1 plant or 2x2 area. I run 2 in a 2x4 tent.

Welcome aboard the madness and time stealing community Michigan, sound advice above from respected members. Journals are key to success here. We love poking our addicted noses into other peoples grows so indulge us and make sure you feed our need with the journal. Led is a very capable and usable source , i recently converted from 20 years on HPS and have no regrets. The 1000w is sadly irrelevant in real terms and the important figure is the one that is used for the power used at your plug socket i.e 1000w Led divided among ALL of the diodes onboard but powered by a 300w power supply. This is where so much confusion can happen when discussing light power with led. The "coverage" area is also very important to know and this is often different from flowering to veg ( lowered lights , smaller coverage for flower but more intensity) Dont be disheartened by this info at all but dont expect an equivalent yield to a 1000w HPS either , often misunderstood.
With the autos, 18 hours continious light for the entire grow is the standard and most productive light cycle.
Another helpful tip i got was about pots . Auto do not like repotting at all ( not saying it isnt used ever with success before the pitchfork brigade start !!) Ideally , once your seedling has rooted in the plug/rockwool/soil starter cup etc... Place it into its final pot straight off the bat. The root growth because of the ruderalis genetics of autos , will rapidly fill the pot quicker than normal photoperiod plants so disturbing them is not advisable. Seems 20L(5 u.s gallon) is a good size for autos too.
hope it helps and sub me in with a @Ganjagrandaddy when you get the journal up and running
good luck and green days mate

Back
Top Bottom