Hey everybody, I'm new

RedEyeGuy

420 Member
Hey guys and gals, i've been a long time lurker of this forum and now a first time poster. A little about me and my current setup, I started outdoors years ago while I was still in high school and after a few stolen plants and mite problems, I finally waited to move out so I could facilitate an indoor project. This run being around my 5th or 6th, (after my last run being in a hot attic!) I feel things are much more dialed in.

My setup:
- 3x3 tent (don't know the brand)
- X2 platinum p300 leds (new case style)
- Stanley blower fan modified exhaust pushing thru phresh carbon filter. (6 in ducting)
- 3 5 gal smart pots (all containing bagseeds)
- 1 clip on fan and a large desk fan for circulation.
- diy automated watering system with 16 gal rez.
- advanced nutrients jungle juice 3 part

Currently I am about 5 days away from harvest and just started feeding with ph'd water and florakleen. I really wanted to post the end results just so people can see how great the platinum leds are compared to hps, as there isn't much out there in terms of harvest shots just yet. I also want to shout out to everyone on here who I have learned from over the years. So much good advice on this forum. Anyhow, I look forward to being a member on here and getting to share information about these wonderful plants.

Pics to come when lights kick on tonight.

Hi RedEye!!

Welcome to the magazine my man! So many great things going on around here, I think you'll be fully entertained. Joining this magazine was the best investment I made in my gardening adventures!!

I love what you have going on! Can't wait to see some pictures of your harvest!!

Look forward to seeing you around!

Ps. Would love to hear more about the DIY water system!! That sounds awesome

Hi RedEye!!

Welcome to the magazine my man! So many great things going on around here, I think you'll be fully entertained. Joining this magazine was the best investment I made in my gardening adventures!!

I love what you have going on! Can't wait to see some pictures of your harvest!!

Look forward to seeing you around!

Ps. Would love to hear more about the DIY water system!! That sounds awesome

Hey pigeon! thanks for the kind words. I couldn't agree more about the great things going on here on this site. This one has the most combined innovation and overall knowledge of any site I have been to. The diy water system is rather simple really and just over $100 at your local home improvement store. I went to the outdoor area where there is fountain supplies and picked up a 300 gph pump (1/2 in outlet) for the actual nutrient pump and their smallest fountain pump for circulation in the rez. I then found a rain bird drip emitter sprinkler conversion kit with a 6 hose manifold and 1/4 in feed lines. To connect the sprinkler conversion to the pump I used a 1/2 in male to male connector found near the conversion drip kit. The rez is simply a dark blue rubber maid tote with holes drilled in the top for cord management and hoses to feed through. I had to poke pin holes in the feed lines right before they exited the lid to keep siphoning from happening when pump was off. The nutrient pump runs once a day for 30 min @ 1 gph (the conversion kit also includes 2 gph drippers). It definitely keeps the 5 gal smart pots watered well. I use pro mix bx amended with worm castings and perlite btw.

20150620_202245.jpg
20150620_202245.jpg

Welcome to :420: that's a wicked set up you have. That bud between the lights is obscenely fat.
Regards.
Thanks roach, much appreciated. :cheesygrinsmiley: The bud you are talking about actually had to be moved between the lights (and bent) during the 3rd week of flower. I underestimated how powerful these lights really are compared to my old 400w hps system. Even not receiving much direct light, it seems surprisingly dense

Welcome to 420 :) and Bravo on your plentiful buds :)

Hey Light Addict!
Thank you for the kind words, I was just skimming through some of your journals, you are setting quite the standard for led growing. I hear great things about those budmasters, just wish I could afford to try one haha.

Beautiful plants! I noticed some bleaching... A few questions if I may

What was your light distance?
Did you see bleaching early in flower?
Did you try anything to avoid it?
Do you think it affected your yield?

Obviously a huge yield and great looking plants. I too had some bleaching on my plants (P450). Oddly, it wasn't the tops closest to or under the center of the light. Most of my bleaching occurred at around 14" below the light in random spots. Not sure if there was any effect on the harvest other than cosmetics. I didn't scope and/or test different parts of my plants. Just picking your brain. I love my PLED!

Beautiful plants! I noticed some bleaching... A few questions if I may

What was your light distance?
Did you see bleaching early in flower?
Did you try anything to avoid it?
Do you think it affected your yield?

Obviously a huge yield and great looking plants. I too had some bleaching on my plants (P450). Oddly, it wasn't the tops closest to or under the center of the light. Most of my bleaching occurred at around 14" below the light in random spots. Not sure if there was any effect on the harvest other than cosmetics. I didn't scope and/or test different parts of my plants. Just picking your brain. I love my PLED!

Hey spitz! Thanks for the compliments and reply.

The bleaching on my plants seemed to appear about halfway through flowering. My distance between the lights and the tops of the plants averaged about 6 to 8 inches all the way around. The plants grew faster than I anticipated so I tried to stop the bleaching by moving the affected tops to the outside/ between the lights, which did seem to help.

Aside from a few thc devoid areas on the tops though, I'd say the yield didn't suffer much. In fact, the buds directly under the lamps seemed to swell considerably even with a little of thc loss.

I can certainly testify to the random bleaching in some areas not so close to the lights as well, very strange. I hope to try and narrow down the causes of this next grow. I also hope to have some name brand strains to work with next time as well so problems like this can be more easily figured out.

Back
Top Bottom