Indoor LED SCRoG grow - Blue Dream + Hindu Kush x Shiva Skunk

I have tried LED lights, great spectrum coverage was not sure how it would work in the budding stage. and how long it might take

that is correct he has it 22" but its also a sativa strain. the fact that soil cant grow as fast hydro isnt always true. its all about the soil used. the soil i use has real fast veg time. sun shine #4. he trains his growth by moving the tops under the screen until the others are cought up. i am in no way saying ur way is not the right way, i was just asking if you ever thought about this way?
i am thinking of doing my first scrog grow this next time, but cant decided if i want to scrog or LST. i plane on not doing my usual 6 plants and doing 3 bigger plants.

Yes I had thought about it but had assumed that one could only achieve the rate of growth Rump gets with hydro. I agree that it would be less maintenance to have fewer plants under the screen. Rump's grow is definitely something to emulate and I'm always looking to improve. I'm switching to hydro (hempy ftw!) for my next grow and if I do a scrog I will do less plants as you suggest. I am also considering sog flowering from seed on day one (no veg). My hydro guy says that you need some veg to get a good base or yield will suffer. I'm going to do a comparison grow and see verify this. Basically my next grow will be a bunch of little experiments with a bunch of strains.

I have tried LED lights, great spectrum coverage was not sure how it would work in the budding stage. and how long it might take

There are quite a few LED grows now that have just finished or are about to and you can gather some useful info from these. Check out irishboy, Mmmmick and Scooby_Snacks grows as well as a few others. The bottom line is that the lights do not live up to the mfg statements but they can get you a decent amount of good bud. The quality of the smoke is excellent, but they take a couple weeks longer to finish and they produce smaller flowers than HID. If I were a long time grower used to HID results I would be disappointed. For me, a new grower, some of the new LEDs are great because they produce minimal heat, use little power and grow potent flowers. I do not see LED as a replacement for existing technology yet - if heat and / or power are constrained they can make you a successful grower where you may not have had a chance in the past. If you do jump in on the LED bandwagon be prepared to own obsolete equipment since the technology is developing pretty fast.

Yes I had thought about it but had assumed that one could only achieve the rate of growth Rump gets with hydro. I agree that it would be less maintenance to have fewer plants under the screen. Rump's grow is definitely something to emulate and I'm always looking to improve. I'm switching to hydro (hempy ftw!) for my next grow and if I do a scrog I will do less plants as you suggest. I am also considering sog flowering from seed on day one (no veg). My hydro guy says that you need some veg to get a good base or yield will suffer. I'm going to do a comparison grow and see verify this. Basically my next grow will be a bunch of little experiments with a bunch of strains.

you will get less yield the no mercy style (no veg). i followed some big threads on that and came to under stand its not worth it and ur yield will suffer. it wouldn't be as bad in SOG. but any other way you not yield as much. its the genes of the plant that dosent like it, a plant must be so old to produce flowers, so when u do this u will get more hermaphrodite plants. this dosent alwys happen and i have seen a few plants done this way but the mass of them just arnt worth it. but if you want to test this i am down to watch for sure. but just letting you know from what i have seen and read. good luck brother

Thanks for the warning - it seemed too good to be true. I have been reading up on it too but have not finished my research. I have to say that my hydro shop guy really knows his shit - even if what he says sounds strange to me I have learned to trust it anyway. I will still try it just to see for myself.

Thanks for the warning - it seemed too good to be true. I have been reading up on it too but have not finished my research. I have to say that my hydro shop guy really knows his shit - even if what he says sounds strange to me I have learned to trust it anyway. I will still try it just to see for myself.

cool let me know how it works. ive always wanted to stry that to, but i think it would be better with clones because the have their moms genes and age so they can be flowered allot sooner then seed. IMO

you will get less yield the no mercy style (no veg). i followed some big threads on that and came to under stand its not worth it and ur yield will suffer.

I'd agree that yield per plant suffers, but I think the strategy is designed to maximize bud per year.

Essentially growing colas on a stick, let's you place them more densely. Skipping the veg stage allows more harvests per year.

So if plant count is not a concern, you have plenty seeds, and space is an issue - I think this is a good strategy.

Here's a great thread from our sponsor on his technique

@SpeesCees

I'd agree that yield per plant suffers, but I think the strategy is designed to maximize bud per year.

Essentially growing colas on a stick, let's you place them more densely. Skipping the veg stage allows more harvests per year.

So if plant count is not a concern, you have plenty seeds, and space is an issue - I think this is a good strategy.

Here's a great thread from our sponsor on his technique

@speescees

well said, see i have a plant count so it wouldn't be worth it for me, but someone that could do a SOG would be worth it for them. plus u save on power going 12/12 from start instead of 24/0 on veg

a good way to bring your ph down is apple cider vinigure to get rid of any bugs is a table spoon of hydrogen peroxide 35%food grade per gallon of water but be carefull this is really strong stuff read instructions or check supersoic hydrophonic on the internet

hey guys my apoligies I just finnished saying check supersonic hydrophonic it should have been aerophonic supersoic great read lots of good info for any type of system

Slimm, just in case you don't see this in Wars journal. I think you should drop the lights down as low as you can go WHILE still covering your entire screen. The biggest colas I got grew really close to the lights.

I noticed his lights quite low in the latest photos. I will drop them down; thanks for the heads up SS!

I was just thinking the same thing jflynn83.

I have been pretty busy building out my new grow room. I have been growing in a 5x5 tent in a larger storage room. I walled off the half of the room the tent is in and now my total growing space is 6 x 10. The DIY tent has been taken down around the grow in progress giving me more room to get access to the plants. The room has a fresh air intake that brings in outside air, whereas before I was pulling in stuffy storage room air into the tent. I will be adding an air conditioner and heater to precisely control the temps. The carbon scrubber is now being used correctly - air is pulled into it rather than pushed out through it. I still have to put insulation into the new wall, install some green lights, set up a CO2 system, etc. The work is almost done.

I hit the plants with another foliar spray of 10% milk followed by an application of Serenade as a continued treatment for a patch of PM I had seen a few days ago. I turned up the dehumidifier and will be keeping dark time temperatures a little warmer.

The medium is not drying as fast as I would like. I have a fan pointed at the smart pots to help them dry a little faster. Growth seems slow however. I will post some photos later today.

you should post some pics of your new grow room. Now that I am getting a full refund on all of my HGL stuff I will be going HPS and need to redesign some things. You mentioned foliar spraying w/ 10% milk. Is that because of the Calcium in milk? You should post up some new pics. What week of 12/12 are you at now?

Hey Bux, congrats on getting things straightened out with Cammie. 10% milk is an effective powdery mildew remedy. I will post a bunch of pics of the room and the plants later today.

you should try hydrogen peroxide 35%food grade it kills all bacteria fungus and gnats check earophonic supersonic great info for any kind of grow system its in an ol cannibus culture mag

you should try hydrogen peroxide 35%food grade it kills all bacteria fungus and gnats check earophonic supersonic great info for any kind of grow system its in an ol cannibus culture mag

Is it safe to use on flowers? The idea scares me.

Well, there are no photos as I had planned - I ended up damaging a plant and then spending time to fix it. I was re-routing a major branch and it broke - almost completely off the plant. It was left hanging by a few fibers. So I immediately opened a hole in the screen, giving myself room to work. I then rotated the branch into the position I had been trying to attain, propped it up with wire and wrapped some bandage tape around it. There is a pretty good chance that this will mend - I should know in the morning.

Well, there are no photos as I had planned - I ended up damaging a plant and then spending time to fix it. I was re-routing a major branch and it broke - almost completely off the plant. It was left hanging by a few fibers. So I immediately opened a hole in the screen, giving myself room to work. I then rotated the branch into the position I had been trying to attain, propped it up with wire and wrapped some bandage tape around it. There is a pretty good chance that this will mend - I should know in the morning.

damn slimm that sucks it will prob just grow a knuckle there i too done the same thing about a month ago but in veg snapped the top of a blueberry haze right off i was in shock

Back
Top Bottom