Munki's 2 x 4 Bubba Kush ScrOG Bondage

the hash will be plentyful, but you'll still get a lot of nuggage.
and the buds look like they're just so damn delicious that the plant simply had to make it an umbrella on top to catch a bit of shade to protect them trics.

looks like its gonna be a good smoke. that's what i most desire, so kudos bro.

Hey thanks WOF. Thanks for the :thumb: as it is appreciated.

whens the harvest day??

The tent is dark now and I will be disconnecting the light and pumps before they come back on this evening. Then, I should be able to harvest Friday night after a 36 hour dark period. That's the plan anyways.

I wasn't able to get home in time before the lights came on. Looked at a sample and the trichs were about 90 % cloudy with a few amber and a few clear. Reservoir had not turned on yet, so I made the call to unplug the pumps and lamp. Plan is still to harvest tomorrow evening.

I wasn't able to get home in time before the lights came on. Looked at a sample and the trichs were about 90 % cloudy with a few amber and a few clear. Reservoir had not turned on yet, so I made the call to unplug the pumps and lamp. Plan is still to harvest tomorrow evening.

Sweet, yea let the roots dry out in the dark. Post up pics as soon as you chop, pleeeease.

Simply amazing plants, a picture of perfection. Great, great job.....

Thanks sonzor for your unwavering support.

Sweet, yea let the roots dry out in the dark. Post up pics as soon as you chop, pleeeease.

Yeah, I don't water when the lights are off ever but I like to extend the no watering period out a bit in the end with the lights off. The last crop was dry and ready for the jars in only 3 - 4 days and I attribute that partially to this technique. Hope to have pics to share tomorrow.

Here are some initial pics to whet your appetites.

Here is lil' bittie. I figured I could chop her up to work on strategies for Big Bertha.

2010-03-05_01.jpg

2010-03-05_02.jpg

This pic is of two branches that did not make it to the screen. One I was able to pull to the edge of the plant and direct light to it while the other was a bit deeper in the plant and as such did not get direct light. Quite the color difference!

2010-03-05_03.jpg

The last three shots are of another bud that did get to the top. It would had been located towards the edge of the grow in early flower then in towards the middle once I had cut the screen and repositioned the plants. So many frosted leaves (look kind of like frosted flakes). Should be a nice sized gumby ball in the end.

2010-03-05_04.jpg

2010-03-05_05.jpg

2010-03-05_06.jpg

I noticed that too - looks strange to see those pistils coming out of the hydrotron.

Yeah that happened with my last grow using the same ebb n flow setup too. The points on where I trim can grow out flowered heads like that if I don't cut the stem very close to the trunk. Maybe since the light does get down there bouncing off the sides of the tent. There are a few node sites below the hydroton level as I set the clones over an inch deep. See pics in the first post of this thread.

First time I read those two posts I thought you had a mutant - or a throwback, like Soma's "red" (lol) strain, whatzit? The Chinese bit... (gives up on brain - it aint getting any better and I've lost the warranty papers on it - and goes to look it up...) Somanna, with the Cannabis Chinensis genetics in it that sometimes show budlets growing on the fan-leaf stems. But then I went back and read it again.

Go to a nursery and tell them that you need some of that tarry stuff that they "patch" tree wounds with, it'll fix you right up. Tell them it's for your insane bonsai tree collection, maybe they'll just give you a sample-sized dollop. If it tries to bud through that stuff (it won't)... IDK, man. I'd be torn between saving it for Mikey the Moocher (he'll smoke anything, even if he is a picky eater)... and fiending it all myself to see if I could cross over into "permanently airborne."

BtW, I've not been paying as much attention as I should, so forgive my question: Those grow bags, how are they working out for you? When I used to grow (back when the Dead Sea was still healthy) and did scrog setups (generally one plant per eight square feet with extended vegetative times) I grew in those red plastic solo cups full of geolite (yeah, it looked cool... for a while) with lots of holes in them set in the lid of a 13ish gallon reservoir. And way before the grows were finished, the cups would be. Do your roots "munch" the bags? Are they reusable? Wondering if my cups were the most economical & easiest solution (in a dwc-type setup)? Was kind of a pain chasing down all the used geolite balls after harvest because although several would remain at the "core," lots of them would be hidden in the root mass that ate Chicago (I let the reservoirs get "pretty low" now and then, but was half-afraid that if it got too low I would've come home to find that the plants had kicked the reservoirs into the kitchen by the sink like the cats do with their water dish if my date turns into a weekend thing. Should have tried to boil the roots like spaghetti - I could have eaten for weeks, lmfao.) and have to be picked out so I could reuse them. Drat, I seem to have forgotten my question and now I'm hungry. Well, congratulations on your continued success!

More Dumb Questions From Da Short Bus

Does Bubba Kush always have so many leaves?

I mean, obviously these plants are expertly grown....but the buds look very leafy. Is that a characteristic of this strain?

That's something else I've been meaning to ask you. Low flower-to-leaf ratio? What light setup are you using again (and are they pretty fresh?)? I really need to go back and reread your entire journal from post #1 when I've got a clear head. (But that might be Christmas Eve. I miss my sativas, lol. Stupid govt. meds make my vision taste funny.)

:bravo: :nicethread: :bravo:

Grow bags work well. See pics at the end of my 3 x 3 ScrOG grow as I took pics of the rootball. Don't have time to cross link it now.

Using a 600 watt HPS with Quantum ballast and new bulb. Growth was so dense that light could not penetrate more than a few inches due to the leaf density. Here is what I have been dealing with.

2010-03-06_01.jpg

2010-03-06_02.jpg

2010-03-06_03.jpg

2010-03-06_04.jpg

Grow bags work well. See pics at the end of my 3 x 3 ScrOG grow as I took pics of the rootball. Don't have time to cross link it now.

Will check it out.

Wow. :thumb:

Hmm...

<SCRATCH> <SCRATCH> <SCRATCH>

<SNORT>

<SHAKES HEAD> Nope, they still haven't invented that scratch-n-sniff monitor yet.

It is cool, your insides look like tender succulent fruit....I know I would get sick if ate one, but....thinking about it still.:ganjamon:

:peace: +rep bro, amazing.

Back
Top Bottom