Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

Here is a pic of the gumby hash I made yesterday. It did look similar to what OBX got (crumbly greenish powder) so I took that and put it in foil and used an iron to heat it into a cake then put it in the fridge for a while. This helped to express out more of the moisture where I used a paper towel and folding the cake over and over again to get the hash cube.

The biggest issue I had was getting all the plant material out. There were still some small flecks of plant material in there that retain moisture and that prevents the glands from gelling together. Should affect the ultimate use of the product though. Also, the plant material I tossed out after the ice bath still showed a fair amount of resin glands on them. I still tossed them out but would next time grind up the trim more and add smaller amounts at a time to the ice bath instead of all at once.

2009-10-18_01.jpg

Here is a pic of the gumby hash I made yesterday. It did look similar to what OBX got (crumbly greenish powder) so I took that and put it in foil and used an iron to heat it into a cake then put it in the fridge for a while. This helped to express out more of the moisture where I used a paper towel and folding the cake over and over again to get the hash cube.

The biggest issue I had was getting all the plant material out. There were still some small flecks of plant material in there that retain moisture and that prevents the glands from gelling together. Should affect the ultimate use of the product though. Also, the plant material I tossed out after the ice bath still showed a fair amount of resin glands on them. I still tossed them out but would next time grind up the trim more and add smaller amounts at a time to the ice bath instead of all at once.

2009-10-18_01.jpg

mmmmm looks like a lump of oldschool blonde lebanese. nice.

Nice gumby, I just repeated the process a second time with the used material and got half as much as the first run and a little more dirty but it did the trick and I don't think I wasted many trichs. Great job and love the cube.

Nice gumby, I just repeated the process a second time with the used material and got half as much as the first run and a little more dirty but it did the trick and I don't think I wasted many trichs. Great job and love the cube.

I agree. For those thinking of trying the gumby method, I would recommend a second run with the plant material or getting it very frozen first like with dry ice.

That's a nice chunk - good idea on heating it up, it looks much better than my green gumby.

I agree with the second process - or smaller batches... and freezing the dried trim first.

What kind of agitator did you use? The metal one or plastic?

That's a nice chunk - good idea on heating it up, it looks much better than my green gumby.

I agree with the second process - or smaller batches... and freezing the dried trim first.

What kind of agitator did you use? The metal one or plastic?

At Home Depot, the one that had the metal agitator would only fit on a 1/2 inch drill which I didn't have. So, I had to get something for a 3/8 inch drill, so plastic it is. I didn't get the one that looked like a squirrel cage, but the one that looks like a turbine blade. I ran it in both directions and tried to agitate towards the surface to get more action.

Thanks for the support everyone and taking the time to read along on my journey. Don't know what else I can contribute to this journal except what the cured bud will look like in a few weeks. I will add pics of that when the time comes, but this thread can be moved to completed journals at the moderator's convenience.

Still can't rep you, but thanks for the response about the agitator. I've wondered which type is best.

On a side note - broke my hand on a half inch drill - stay away from those high torque models!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us munki and congrats again on your Plant of the Month result; you deserved it Brother.

We look forward to your next effort; you've got a heck of a challenge to top this one

Moving to completed journals per your request :surf:

Much peace and respect from 420 Magazine ;)

Oh, to those who still have my journal subscribed, I came up with a much more appropriate strain name.

This bud (strain) shall henceforth be named "Space Cadet". :idea:

:thanks: for spending a part of your life with me on this journey. I hope you gained some insight from this chronicle. I know I sure did.

At Home Depot, the one that had the metal agitator would only fit on a 1/2 inch drill which I didn't have. So, I had to get something for a 3/8 inch drill, so plastic it is. I didn't get the one that looked like a squirrel cage, but the one that looks like a turbine blade. I ran it in both directions and tried to agitate towards the surface to get more action.

Thanks for the support everyone and taking the time to read along on my journey. Don't know what else I can contribute to this journal except what the cured bud will look like in a few weeks. I will add pics of that when the time comes, but this thread can be moved to completed journals at the moderator's convenience.

I use the same one.. red blades?

Back
Top Bottom