Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

To everyone this journal helped, you are all most :welcome: and thanks for reading! The end product is still most excellent.

wow.... nice set-up, nice pics, nice rewards............ nice job man. BEAUTIFUL grow.... great journal! +rep!!

Hey munkie, I hope you see this eventually. But I am interested in your ebb and flow method. Do you happen to have a tutorial on how to make it and how it works?

Hey munkie, I hope you see this eventually. But I am interested in your ebb and flow method. Do you happen to have a tutorial on how to make it and how it works?

Oh, it doesn't take me long to see that someone posted in a journal of mine! Sent you a PM on the design as it isn't mine.

Others looking for it can google search the term "tron2hydro" as that was my goal at the time, getting a hydroponic system to run in a Phototron. If you can elevate the bucket, it is highly effective and simple to operate.

Damn munki, i was lookin thru your pictures dated a year ago. That screen was amazing dude, makes me want to grow again.

Thanks Charlie! I'm still enjoying the end product from this adventure. I will go back to ScrOG once I have my mothers set. Hoping to get a good ScrOG going early next year.

ive only looked at the first page so far, but thats a sweet set-up munki. how long did you grow it before moving it to the scrog set-up?

First off :welcome: to 420 Magazine, Dr Science!

Well I think it was about a month from when I first got the clones until I took the bucket out of the phototron and under the 400 watt HPS light. I did not flower (switch light cycle to 12 on, 12 off) until later in the grow.

Here is a link to the origins of these plants.

PhotoTron Grow with Ebb N Flow

thanks for the info! the tron set-up is nice and contained I have to say, but I think the move to scrog was a good choice:bravo:. i have 2 1 gal pots now with three 9" ladies in each; im trying to decide whether to tie one or both pots over and see if I can use moose's strat to help the side growth explode, or whether I should do a mini scrog (shoot for 10 colas) or try both or what. I dont wanna screw them both up:hmmmm:, but i wanna make the most out of my little set-up. Also, I have good flouro ligghting, how important is it to switch to MH or HPS come flowering?

Thanks for the help btw, Your journals are great munki, you are definately helping grow the next generation :high-five:

Dr Science

thanks for the info! the tron set-up is nice and contained I have to say, but I think the move to scrog was a good choice:bravo:. i have 2 1 gal pots now with three 9" ladies in each; im trying to decide whether to tie one or both pots over and see if I can use moose's strat to help the side growth explode, or whether I should do a mini scrog (shoot for 10 colas) or try both or what. I dont wanna screw them both up:hmmmm:, but i wanna make the most out of my little set-up. Also, I have good flouro ligghting, how important is it to switch to MH or HPS come flowering?

Thanks for the help btw, Your journals are great munki, you are definately helping grow the next generation :high-five:

Dr Science

ScrOG is a technique that was developed specifically to deal with the strengths and weaknesses of florescent tube lighting. You can obviously use other lighting like I have, but if you can develop a really good, flat screen of growth, then the floros can really work well. Need to keep the bulbs within a couple of inches of the tops, so don't let a few of the colas grow taller than the others. Be strict in keeping the canopy level until the flowering fully sets in and vertical growth stops. Then, just sit back and let it the crop finish. All you are doing in late flower is watching for bugs, disease, nutrient imbalances, and equipment failure.

:goodluck: Dr Science!

Hi Munki!

I am a big fan of your grows and am currently running my first scrog. I just had a few quick questions if you dont mind?

When the growth pops out and is ready to get tucked back under the screen, do you push it back down thru the same hole and let it grow horizontally under the screen, or do you push it down thru an adjacent hole, essentially training it into the screen?

When is the best time to clear out all the undergrowth? And how much should I generally take off?

I greatly appreciate any and all advice and opinions.

Hi Munki!

I am a big fan of your grows and am currently running my first scrog. I just had a few quick questions if you dont mind?

When the growth pops out and is ready to get tucked back under the screen, do you push it back down thru the same hole and let it grow horizontally under the screen, or do you push it down thru an adjacent hole, essentially training it into the screen?

When is the best time to clear out all the undergrowth? And how much should I generally take off?

I greatly appreciate any and all advice and opinions.

I know your post was from a long time ago, but I just haven't been on the site. Sorry. Regarding the SCROG, I just kept pushing it back under and through the same hole. The plant will want to keep wanting to grow back up so no need to weave it into the mesh. Just makes it harder to remove when trimming.
Regarding removing the undergrowth, I cannot make a strong recommendation as I just have not done enough grows to be an authority. You will just have to gauge from what I have shared in the logs along with other grower's info. I was pretty aggressive in my removal of leaves on this grow with good success but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom