Indoor LED SCRoG grow - Blue Dream + Hindu Kush x Shiva Skunk

Week 7 of Flowering

Things are looking as best as can be expected given the poor draining medium. The broken limb did not mend so I am drying it now for some early smoke. PM seems to be under control - I will treat again tomorrow. Even though the room is a mess and hard to get around in, I did a quick photo shoot. The photos are not great but will have to do until I am able to put more time into it. I'm looking forward to get this grow done and finish remodeling the grow room. There is just so much to do!

DSC_00203.JPG

DSC_00138.JPG

DSC_00124.JPG

DSC_00105.JPG

DSC_00064.JPG

DSC_00036.JPG

DSC_00017.JPG

Thanks guys. It is turning out pretty good. 3x4 feet of side-by-side buds is a nice thing to have in a grow room! However I want to see bigger buds and I believe the limiting factor, at this point, is the wet roots.

Thanks guys. It is turing out pretty good. 3x4 feet of side-by-side buds is a nice thing to have in a grow room! However I want to see bigger buds and I believe the limiting factor, at this point, is the wet roots.

perlite perlite perlite. I use coco and perlite with a 50/50 mix. Talk about fast growth and easy watering. Things look damn good either way, one thing I like about LED is the THC production it produces. Although the yield is always less then HID, the bud just seems to be of much higher quality. I want to SCROG with led someday once I get about four lights.

Very nice slim, 3x4 you say? And you have three units over this area? I have my three HGl lights sitting around not being used....My tents are too small for all three of them, I dunno....they are kinda worhless to me at this point, but I like this scrog idea, not much canopy to penetrate, maybe with the addition of some cfls here and there, would increase your harvest? I am going to begin experimenting with CFL's in addition to my LED setups. Right now my main focus is on using more than one company's light over the same plant area. Get a good mix of spectrums and coverages with multiple units from multiple vendors.

Right now the lumigrow and the 180 jumbo are enjoying one another's company. Quite fun!

oops, I got off on a rant. sorry slimm!

LOOKS GOOD!!!

Fruits of your labor my friend...

-Go!

perlite perlite perlite. I use coco and perlite with a 50/50 mix. Talk about fast growth and easy watering. Things look damn good either way, one thing I like about LED is the THC production it produces. Although the yield is always less then HID, the bud just seems to be of much higher quality. I want to SCROG with led someday once I get about four lights.

Good advice botanist. I needed that advice back in October! Well, live and learn. My next grow will be passive hydro with coco perlite mix. How did you come up with those ratios. I am thinking about going 60/40 or 70/30 perlite to coco. My reasoning is that some folks have been doing fine with 100% perlite in hempy bucket grows. I think it would be good to have some coco in there to help with nute and water retention. What do you think about those ratios?

I agree with you on the potency of LED grown weed. I sure would like to know exactly what it is about LED lights that tend to increase potency.

Very nice slim, 3x4 you say? And you have three units over this area? I have my three HGl lights sitting around not being used....My tents are too small for all three of them, I dunno....they are kinda worhless to me at this point, but I like this scrog idea, not much canopy to penetrate, maybe with the addition of some cfls here and there, would increase your harvest? I am going to begin experimenting with CFL's in addition to my LED setups. Right now my main focus is on using more than one company's light over the same plant area. Get a good mix of spectrums and coverages with multiple units from multiple vendors.

Right now the lumigrow and the 180 jumbo are enjoying one another's company. Quite fun!

oops, I got off on a rant. sorry slimm!

LOOKS GOOD!!!

Fruits of your labor my friend...

-Go!

That's a shame not to be using the panels. Have you thought about mounting them vertically as side lights or is there not even room for that in your tents?

The 3 HGL panels just cover the 4x3 area, although it would be good to have more watts trained on those nugs. I bet that CFLs would help - I do not know anything about them. How many and what kind would you think I need for my area?

BTW, I have been looking at my lighting options for my next grow. Up for consideration: adding one or two of the multi-tube HO T5 panels as side lights. Alternatively, I could go with a 600w HID and use two LED panels as side lighting and the third in a veg chamber. Not sure if that will give me good coverage on a 4x5 area or not. I think I will be able to handle the heat of a HID now with the grow room remodel - I am planning to add a small AC unit to the mix and I am now pumping in outside air.

Not sure on the CFL experiment, as I am just testing that myself. I have tried to hang them sideways, upside down, left, right, backwards...for one, they weigh so damn much my tent starts folding in the middle. That's the last thing I want to walk into, a light sitting on top of my ladies. Fun! haha

I like the T5HO idea, as they are badass from what I see and hear. I was considering putting up my 250, or maybe even my 400, in the middle, and one HGL panel on each side. I had them hanging beside another unit once, and the fan's were blowing towards each other, and they got SOOOO HOT. it was spooky...the housing was hot, the air was extreme....not good. So in long, haha, I guess I don't really have room for them. I am considering a bigger tent, and just cramming as many damn led's in there as possible, but then I lose my different chambers, which can have different timers, stages, etc. Ya know?

I plan on doing some mother/clone making, so I may just slap two of those units up in my 30x30 box, and use it for veg. Surely they will work for that? Even if they stretch, just better clones, from my experience!

Lots of options man...just can't seem to be happy with any of them, haha. You know how it goes? I am sure we all do!

As far as your 600 goes, you would get good coverage where the lights were, as far as the led's you would be better to try and get them angled so they are adding to the hps light, rather than trying to extent your growing field, because it may not be worth it, maybe it would be. I dunno! haha

It's all up in the air at this point.

-Go

You should check aerophonic supersonic man Im telling you I couldnt begin to explain it would take too long and too much space really good for starting keeps evrything serm free it also helps oxegenate the water as it has an extra oxegen molecule h20-20 for my I started 5-7 tablespoons in my 17 gallon aerphonic system fot tomatoes of course but it brings your PH up so add a little apple cider vinigre or PHdown

I am familiar with that method and I agree that its the way to get the fastest growth possible. I'm looking to go in a different direction. I want faster growth than possible in soil, improved response time to changes in the nutrient mix, and I want to keep it simple. I was considering DWC, because of its simplicity, and stumbled upon passive hydro while researching that. I think passive is the best method for my situation.

Amazing pics. I love your sea of buds. Looks like a beautiful harvest is heading your way. Can't wait to see more. LEDs are very interesting and effective. Keep it up.

L8ER

The company that I am corresponding with is called Chevy Light Co. Ltd out of China. I am trying to get a price out of them for a 288w with an option of 630nm or 660nm in the red. Hydrogro seems pricey with too many claims.

Eventually they will or already have caught on that we don't want ridiculous claims, so even if the claims are not crazy, we should tread wearily, as it could still be b.s.

Not to say that company is specifically, but we just all need to stick together to get this figured out, and walk softly until then.

I agree with Slimm.

Good luck to ya!

Go-

Thanks and welcome MMRC. I wish I could have kept the momentum going but the drainage on this medium is making it slow going. I see a lot of perlite in my future!

Back
Top Bottom