Is a 1000w led light to big for a 2x2x4 grow tent

cLaire12

420 Member
Okay so I bought a small grow tent today and my brother has a 1000w grow light that he said I can have is this light too big? far would I have to keep the light away from the top canopy? I've already bought grand daddy purple seeds for outdoor and going to use one for this indoor grow any tips would be greatly appreciated... minimum pot size?

Okay so I bought a small grow tent today and my brother has a 1000w grow light that he said I can have is this light too big? far would I have to keep the light away from the top canopy? I've already bought grand daddy purple seeds for outdoor and going to use one for this indoor grow any tips would be greatly appreciated... minimum pot size?
Most 1000w LED'S are physically too big to fit in a small tent, if it does fit and has a dimmer you can dim the light down to suit your plants needs

Most 1000w LED'S are physically too big to fit in a small tent, if it does fit and has a dimmer you can dim the light down to suit your plants needs
Yeah there's not a dimmer just switch for veg and another for bloom just changing the light spectrum... the light fits okay I'm just wondering more on the fact of it will actually burn the leafs or cause the need for a bigger space between the canopy and light... honestly just trying to keep it low budget and can't turn down the free light 🙃

Will it affect growth alot?
What's that? Dimming light .
No I have a 1000w light in my 4x4 tent its wall to wall and at the start of the grow I started at 200w and over time turned it up watching how plant is responding im currently at 640w

Will it affect growth alot?
You can download an app called photon and it will help you to set light output to recommend settings

SmartSelect_20240127-140024_One UI Home.png

First off, is it really a 1000w light? As there's many lights that claim what they are not.
If it draws 1000w from the socket and you're going to use it in a small tent, that's not ideal for a low budget approach as you might be wasting some electricity there.
Heat issue might also be a problem, and if there's no dimmer too much light can also be a problem.

And is it a LED or something else?

A photo showing the information tags on the side of the light could help. Maybe someone else had or still has the same light and will jump in with their experiences or suggestions.

And is it a LED or something else?

A photo showing the information tags on the side of the light could help. Maybe someone else had or still has the same light and will jump in with their experiences or suggestions.

you might need a better light. that brand doesn't even have a website or customer service contact. it won't be near anywhere near the claimed watt. it doesn't even list the chipset or driver, at 100 emitters there's no way it can draw much.

edit : it should be ok for seedlings and early veg. i'd look at a better rig for flower even in a 2 x 2 . 4 ft is a shorty, and will be tight. you'll definitely need to train to get the most out of it. consider a second tent for flower with taller dimensions. you can run an upgrade light in the taller tent, and keep the other for seedlings and veg.

I'm having a hard time uploading a photo
Tap the image to the left of the picture of a camera and choose image from your gallery
@cLaire12, depending on how you are accessing the group you will probably have to look for some icons of cameras if using a cell phone. Or, look for the drop down menu across the top of each page of messages that is called "420 PHOTOS" if using a computer (desktop, lap top or netbook). Then look for something called "My Photos" or similar and then follow the instructions for uploading and posting the uploaded photos to messages. It is easier to upload than it is to figure out how to drive and make settings on some of these new cars with computer screens across the dashboard.

you might need a better light. that brand doesn't even have a website or customer service contact. it won't be near anywhere near the claimed watt. it doesn't even list the chipset or driver, at 100 emitters there's no way it can draw much.
I pulled out a T-5 LED lamp (tube filled with Light Emitting Diodes which are also called Emitters by some Canadians ;)) and counted 10 in the first 2 and 1/4 inches. The row of diodes is 22 1/2" long and most likely it has about 100 diodes. The electrical draw is 20 some watts if memory serves from when an electrician buddy tested the "at the wall draw" for my lights several years ago.

I would not be surprised if the actual draw on the light mentioned earlier is only about 20 to 40 watts.

No matter, it is still possible to grow some good plants and get a decent harvest even with lower draw lights as long as we understand the limitations and get used to working with them.

No matter, it is still possible to grow some good plants and get a decent harvest even with lower draw lights as long as we understand the limitations and get used to working with them.

there's no replacement for light.

Back
Top Bottom