Is Lambs Bread A Land Race?

Charmanderrr

Has anyone grown Lambs Bread or Lambs Breath before? I couldn’t find the parents of the strain online when I decided to look, until one comment mentioned it was Jamaican landrace. I really enjoy the strain and want to find similar ones. I figured I’d start with the family members, but can’t find any.
Any thoughts?

Likely the seeds you are looking at are not originals from Jamaica. Lambs Bread was probably a sativa landrace many years ago.

With the introduction of hybrids in Jamaica its unlikely what you're looking at is the landrace version.

You need to know someone in Jamaica that is part of the old school scene to get originals. Even at that those folks are high up in the hills way far away from the public.

Its a way of life for those folks as it is in many parts of the world you find Landrace genetics. Rastafari peace

Likely the seeds you are looking at are not originals from Jamaica. Lambs Bread was probably a sativa landrace many years ago.

With the introduction of hybrids in Jamaica its unlikely what you're looking at is the landrace version.

You need to know someone in Jamaica that is part of the old school scene to get originals. Even at that those folks are high up in the hills way far away from the public.

Its a way of life for those folks as it is in many parts of the world you find Landrace genetics. Rastafari peace
It would be really cool to visit those far away folks and see that in person.

NTH

Has anyone grown Lambs Bread or Lambs Breath before? I couldn’t find the parents of the strain online when I decided to look, until one comment mentioned it was Jamaican landrace. I really enjoy the strain and want to find similar ones. I figured I’d start with the family members, but can’t find any.
Any thoughts?
Well hel-fekin-lo @Charmanderrr
Yes yes yes, Lambs Breath is a strain I grew once and it remains top of my list, but I can't find the seeds any more
Lamb's Breath is Lamb's Bread x Great White Shark (WW heritage)
Bread is the Jamaican landrace
All I can find is Lamb's x AK49, which I don't fancy much

I've grown the Lambs Breath auto variety from CKS numerous times. It's been good to me.
Doooood. Thank you I will be sure to check that out, like pretty much right now. I actually prefer to buy from CKS myself already anyways. My next lineup of seeds is all from them. (Alien OG / Black Demon OG / Cookie Monster) so my next next batch will have to contain those Lamb seeds. I’m going to look for the no. Auto version, wish me luck. =D

Well hel-fekin-lo @Charmanderrr
Yes yes yes, Lambs Breath is a strain I grew once and it remains top of my list, but I can't find the seeds any more
Lamb's Breath is Lamb's Bread x Great White Shark (WW heritage)
Bread is the Jamaican landrace
All I can find is Lamb's x AK49, which I don't fancy much
Well Hello Neighbor.
This is news to me, I always thought they were the same strain, but I don’t know why I thought that.?

Another guy messaged me about a strain of Jamaican landraces with sativa dominance, called Lambs Dream. I’m thinking heavily about growing each next to each other. Perhaps with another old school strain like Alien Technology or maybe a Sofies Tea (Afghani x Pakistani ) which I’m growing now. An all old school op sounds like a fun run actually.

For those too lazy to follow my link o_O

Often referred to as ‘Lambs Breath’ we are overjoyed to now have available Lambs Bread!

Lambs Bread comes from nearly pure Jamaican Sativa genetics, with a ratio of 95% Sativa and only 5% Indica.

Lambs Bread possesses a wonderfully intricate Sativa terpene profile, with heavy herbal and pepper aromas with hints of cheese, citrus, and fuel.

As one might expect with this genetic profile, Lambs Bread brings strong Sativa effects often described as uplifting and euphoric while delivering an overall energetic and mood lifting experience.

Lambs Bread takes a bit longer to mature at 9-10 weeks from the first time of flowering, but will repay the patient grower with a bountiful yield of up to 450g/m² of some premium Cannabis Sativa.
Cheers, eh ?

I remember smoking Lambs breath/bread in the 80's ever since it has been my favorite ever since But it isn't like I can find it anywhere. I always thought it was a landrace. I may be wrong but back in bob Marleys day (ok mine too) alot of the pot was landrace we didn't have 1000s of different strains we had Mexican. Columbian and the good stuff sensimillia , Panama red,Acapulco gold, Thai all landrace cant forget mowie wowie anyway. please keep informing what you wind up doing I really want to do a scrog of Baaa Breath, better yet I wanna smoke some, good luck
*on a side note the thai and lambs breath tasted more like the hash back then diffrent from the taste today might just be me

Dr Google says Commonly — but mistakenly — referred to as “Lamb’s Breath,” Lamb’s Bread is an old-school sativa hailing from Jamaica. Its actual origins are mysterious, but it might as well be a landrace sativa, because the high is one of the cleaner you’ll come across.

Ya the clean high is one of my favorite things about it, that plus it taste sorta milk and puppy breath. Idk how to describe it, like a weed plant was somehow milked I guess. The high is so nice though, Right there alongside the Super Silver Haze buzz.

Ok.... I’m deciding right now I’m growing both of those together from CKS. Possibly with a lambs dream huddled up with them from evaseeds.

Ya the clean high is one of my favorite things about it, that plus it taste sorta milk and puppy breath. Idk how to describe it, like a weed plant was somehow milked I guess. The high is so nice though, Right there alongside the Super Silver Haze buzz.

Ok.... I’m deciding right now I’m growing both of those together from CKS. Possibly with a lambs dream huddled up with them from evaseeds.
I'm in for the ride :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom