Is she okay?

Bababouey

420 Member
Hey so this is my first grow attempt ever this seedling is 24 h old. Im planing on growing outdoors organic. Her first set of leaves are still developing but as you can see one leaf is almost white. I may have overwatered.

E28C5CC1-DD02-4F4F-8E17-FF8948B2BBA3.jpeg

CB5957B7-2158-47E5-BE54-2B379C4EFD2B.jpeg

BA40C99B-B7C7-4309-820C-2FF3698DC418.jpeg

B0E9456F-E6A6-49B8-BF57-6489E552703C.jpeg

Hey so this is my first grow attempt ever this seedling is 24 h old. Im planing on growing outdoors organic. Her first set of leaves are still developing but as you can see one leaf is almost white. I may have overwatered.

E28C5CC1-DD02-4F4F-8E17-FF8948B2BBA3.jpeg

CB5957B7-2158-47E5-BE54-2B379C4EFD2B.jpeg

BA40C99B-B7C7-4309-820C-2FF3698DC418.jpeg

B0E9456F-E6A6-49B8-BF57-6489E552703C.jpeg
Beautiful little girl my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
She looks good in the pics.
How are you at watering?
Check this thread it'll help.

Stay safe
Bill

Beautiful little girl my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
She looks good in the pics.
How are you at watering?
Check this thread it'll help.

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you i water with a sprayer bottle i have poured some water in though yesterday cause i thought it was to dry

Its actually a lava rock looks like a lil puddle
Oops I am so sorry:sorry: I looked at photo and thought the plant was sitting in a full pot of water....

No strain got these seeds from tirah valley some ancient dank
Hey Baba! Welcome to the 420 Mag community. It's a great place to learn and share.

Tirah Valley?! As in an actual landrace cultivar?! Ohhhhh you're going to get some excited growers following along. I have not yet grown a landrace variety. On my wishlist!

I would HIGHly recommend getting a journal started! It would be a great way to keep things organized for yourself moving forward.

It seems like just yesterday I started my first seeds too. It wasn't long ago. I'm not as experienced as some of the folks here but I'd love to help you along if I can.

As for your seedling, just remember to not water around the stem. It could lead to something called "damping off" and could lead to issues. Careful with the sprayer and water lightly around the stem.

How big is the container you are using? How wet was the soil before you planted the seed? What other growing/gardening experience do you have? Where do you have the seedling right now in terms of light, temperature, and humidity?

Hey i dont even know what landraces are haha as for the seedling its in a plastic pot with holes not sure about the size but i think its the perfect size. The seedling is in my room as for right now with an aquarium plant light not the best but its gonna be outdoors anyway im acclimating it to the sun the soil was moist i would say i squeezed the water out of it no gardening experience and temp should be around 80 in my room its like 96 outdoors which might cause some issues i have a humidity dome on the seedling

Hey i dont even know what landraces are haha as for the seedling its in a plastic pot with holes not sure about the size but i think its the perfect size. The seedling is in my room as for right now with an aquarium plant light not the best but its gonna be outdoors anyway im acclimating it to the sun the soil was moist i would say i squeezed the water out of it no gardening experience and temp should be around 80 in my room its like 96 outdoors which might cause some issues i have a humidity dome on the seedling
All that helps for sure. No worries on the landrace thing. You mentioned ancient dank. A landrace is exactly that! Varieties found in the wild in their native habitat.

As for the perfect sized pot. :laugh: That response had me laughing. Would you say it is in something similar to a coffee cup or solo cup? Or in something like a 1 gallon nursery pot?

@bluter made an excellent point about the medium. You mentioned you're goal is to grow organic. Your medium looks like it has rice hulls in it. Pointing toward some very nice ingredients already. You planning on using the same medium all the way through to flower? Or growing in the ground?

Speaking on of ingredients...I need to get my hands on some rice hulls. Good stuff!

All that helps for sure. No worries on the landrace thing. You mentioned ancient dank. A landrace is exactly that! Varieties found in the wild in their native habitat.

As for the perfect sized pot. :laugh: That response had me laughing. Would you say it is in something similar to a coffee cup or solo cup? Or in something like a 1 gallon nursery pot?

@bluter made an excellent point about the medium. You mentioned you're goal is to grow organic. Your medium looks like it has rice hulls in it. Pointing toward some very nice ingredients already. You planning on using the same medium all the way through to flower? Or growing in the ground?

Speaking on of ingredients...I need to get my hands on some rice hulls. Good stuff!

Its a 1 gallon pot yes i will grow organic throughout here we dont have any chemical fertilizers i saw one it was npk 20 20 20 thats trash but i can get any organic nutrient for cheap since its made locally. I will most probably do 1/3 of compost when i transplant

An organic soil grow is right up my alley! I'm excited for you. Where are you from if I may ask? You mentioned fertilizer. What kind of fertilizer is it? I'm intrigued.

well it's not soil ...

Coco with lava rocks rice hulls and 25% compost for now ima transplant into a fabric pot once it's big enough

neat. have you run it before ?
curious what's planned for nutes / feeding etc.

Coco with lava rocks rice hulls and 25% compost for now ima transplant into a fabric pot once it's big enough
well it's not soil ...
:laugh: Ummm...okaaaay.

Because it has coco it's not considered soil? I've added coco to soil grows. Hmmm...maybe I don't understand what the definition of soil is I suppose.

I was wondering the same thing. Going through the photographs it looks like a nursery pot in the 3rd one down.

Her first set of leaves are still developing but as you can see one leaf is almost white. I may have overwatered.
The cotyledon leaves look in good condition. The true leaves look OK, too. The white edge on the one might be a glitch and not something to worry about yet; it might not happen again.

All in all, a good looking seedling for 24 hours old.

Ima do top amendment with blood bone meal fish emulsion vermicompost and whatever else it needs. This medium is called coots mix
Does that mean you were able to buy a bag of "Coot's Mix" or is it a soil mix you built on your own based on the recipe for 'Coot's Supersoil Mix'?

I was wondering the same thing. Going through the photographs it looks like a nursery pot in the 3rd one down.

The cotyledon leaves look in good condition. The true leaves look OK, too. The white edge on the one might be a glitch and not something to worry about yet; it might not happen again.

All in all, a good looking seedling for 24 hours old.

Does that mean you were able to buy a bag of "Coot's Mix" or is it a soil mix you built on your own based on the recipe for 'Coot's Supersoil Mix'?
I removed the dome and put the plant out side for like 3 hours weather was cooler and it was also windy and the white seems to be disappearing now

Back
Top Bottom