J189RFC 400W Hydroton Lyriders + Outdoor

J189RFC

Hey all

So I'm right back into this now so no delay, I'm jumping right in like a veteran would do. BLAM!

I took a week, to clear out and clean the space, installed the right tools, sourced what I didn't have and made it happen. Rule 1 IMHO is clear and clean the space, it doesn't have to be sterile and immaculate, but it has to be easy to access, clutter ish free and have no risk of spill/damage etc.

I had already decided on a lowryding varietal and found lowryder #1 so I went with that. I have another plant started, I don't care what sex or strain it is, mostly because I want the seeds/pollen. I put 5 LR in soil, and 5 are starting in paper tower. All 5 have cracked and tomorrow they will go into moist vermiculite before being moved to the tank.

Tank: I'm using a small 12L tank for 10 plants. Now I know it's small but it's ok! Think about it. Lowryder only needs 2 months. Which means I stop feeding them after 50-55days. There is no way they will get root bound. The veggies might need to be trimmed but I am perfectly ok with that! All DWC 1 (might switch for a double) stone, 2 inch pots with hydroton. Again, 2 inches is small but it's all I need.

Looking to pull 2-3oz from 4-6 females + seeds. So should everything grow well I' 63 days from a beautifully sticky harvest :D Pictures coming right up!

private-1.jpg
private-9.jpg
private-8.jpg
private-7.jpg
private-6.jpg
private-5.jpg
private-4.jpg
private-3.jpg
private-2.jpg
private-10.jpg

KingJohnC I'm using Lowryder #1, from start to finish in 65 days flat. Unless you mean the extra one? Outdoors likely. Will chop it if it's male once the pollen is released.

i am referring to the amount of room each plant will occupy in the reservoir, i am aware that lowryder is an auto flower cannabis strain. even 1 plant could fill your reservoir and occupy the whole of the top with its width. i would keep 2 plants per reservoir maximum due to the space they will require for both root mass and canopy.

KingJohn : I think I should be ok, I'll show some root ball pictures in about a month and then at the end. I might have to top off the water a lot near the end. But I think I'll be ok. I've got some panda film lying around, I had been thinking I might coat the wall and add to that light a little.

great share! thanks for the info, I did a cycle in the same blue container, I added a second lid and painted the whole tub black to keep any light from enabling blown slime algae from growing on everything in the tub, I never determined if the algae was from light, or nutes. thoughts?? thanks again!:thanks:

great share! thanks for the info, I did a cycle in the same blue container, I added a second lid and painted the whole tub black to keep any light from enabling blown slime algae from growing on everything in the tub, I never determined if the algae was from light, or nutes. thoughts?? thanks again!:thanks:

This is my 3rd grow in one of these containers. I love them. I've never tried with 10 plants before, 4 and 6 before. But now that I'm doing lowryder I think I should be ok. I'm also going to plant some kale and whatever else decides to sprout!

UPDATE 5/5 have broken through the verm, and 2/5 have broken through soil. 100% germination rate! Mixed up some super light nutrients for the verm mix. 2L H2O, 1/4 tsp rooting hormone 1/8th tbs kelp 1-0-3 1/16th tbs grow formula.

I've had brown algea bt not for a long long time. It was due to light leaks in my setup. But with regular water changes and adding water, it usually doesn't develop any. Might also be an air issue. I also added an extra air stone after fixing the light leaks.

Well hot damn! I have never had such good luck but 100% germination rate! WOO! so right now 5 in soil, 5 in verm, 1 other in soil and I am so ready to get rocking! I am a rather impatient person, which makes this difficult. I'm constantly checking things, and looking at them, lifting the lid etc! Here is a couple pictures of where they are at!

They got put into the bubbler today, and I moved the potted ones to the same area. They are all taking really well. A good amount of growth today alone. I have also discovered I have a muty in the midst, which is interesting because I have never had a grow where I didn't have at least one muty!

I'll try and throw some shots up this weekend!

Well, the DWC was a failure. I had a compatibility issue with the nutes. I must have lucked out before cause I never have grow issues like this. Either way, they are all in soil now. 18/6 and tonight I add a little co2.

All the ones that started in soil are doing very well and getting nice and stout, I'm expecting to sex them any day now.The transplants are a little slower. Also you will notice I have a3 way muty :D I think I want to preserve her genetics she has been growing very well!

Here are some pics.
private-2-3_-_Copy.jpg
private-1-3_-_Copy.jpg

update : well it looks like 3 males and the super early fem. Did she sex first because of stress I wonder?
The tri-guy is looking pretty male. If it's the case I am keeping him and ditching the rest, I like the triplicate genes! I wonder how well it would produce buds?

I'm hoping that by the weekend everyone is properly sexed, I want more room right away! They are getting big! ( well bigger lol!)

Back
Top Bottom