Jack Herrer SCROG

Not much of an update but I'm trying to keep updates fairly regular on here. All 4 are happy. I gave them a little watering with 1.5 grams per gallon of MC the other day but I did not end up using it all on these ladies.

Hindsight, I maybe should have used less but I kind of just want to use 1.5 grams per gallon as a starting point going forward.

I am thinking the light although sufficient for vegging is not ideal for vigorous growth. I'm not in a rush, these are not autos, and the wattage draw is like sub 80 so I'm not super worried but I do acknowledge that as a possibility.

Anyways, here is where they are at. Don't mind the color it's unfortunately a side effect of the lighting.

20200608_175557.jpg

20200608_175601.jpg

Oh and another area for improvement, I would have filled these to the top but I used all the FFOF and coco coir I had. I will probably fold the sides down at some point. Maybe when I hook the watering lines up

Love the watering halos, I’m interested in seeing it fully operational, do you have concerns of the water not distributing between the 4 equally? What’s the plan MG! Fill me in! Lol

The key is making sure the hoses to each sprinkler head is the same length, therefore, the same volume from point a to B as to point A to C. So that's my plan :smokin:

The key is making sure the hoses to each sprinkler head is the same length, therefore, the same volume from point a to B as to point A to C. So that's my plan

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear! I did the same thing with my intake and exhaust, since 1 fan controls both rooms I had to make sure that I made the ducting the same lengths of run each way from the fan to filter to pull equal amounts of air. Great info to have.
I like the idea of the watering halos, can’t wait to see the functionality of it.

Exactly right, you’ll want them all the same length so the distributed pressure is the same for all. I could get into Manning’s and Hazen-Williams equations but it’s really that water is going to take the easiest path, a shorter pipe is the easiest path so more flow will go that way. Water going through a pipe encounters friction on the pipe walls so the short the pipe the less energy it takes the water to flow through it. Depending on how finicky the system is it might be more ideal to install valves on each line for fine tuning and not have to worry about line length.

I upped the MC dosage to 2.2 grams per gallon and used a little over a gallon to water all 4 plants.

They seem to be hitting their stride. Looks like there are three that are a similar type and 1 is a bit different. The odd duck seems like it could have potential even though it looks a bit straggly at the moment. Stoned rambling.

20200610_230921.jpg

20200610_230914.jpg

As I tried to mention in my previous post, @Preston9mm is the one who put out the info that I came across on how to get the sprinklers to all put out the same amount of water. His journal is live again.

The first test run of the automatic watering system was a success and no leaks!

I just need to move the lines around a bit. One thing I have been thinking about is how to make sure my mega crop stays mixed in the reservoir. Haven't decided on the solution there yet.

20200613_192916.jpg

20200613_193302.jpg

Good point,
I’m sure that you could rig up a water pump and some PVC, on a timer. 15mins in 15mins off? Just to circulate.
Not a bad idea. I just stumbled across aquarium circulators. Think I might put one or two in the resevoir and have it run just for 15 minutes before the pump kicks on and maybe a couple times a day.

Edit: just ordered these:

Screenshot_20200613-210146_Chrome.jpg

Happy Sunday! We had beautiful weather today. I smoked some tasty joints and biked around pretty much all day. When I came bak, I topped (hopefully fimmed) the odd duck. This lady is growing a bit faster than the others but they should be ready to top soon.
20200614_182440.jpg
20200614_182428.jpg

Looking good! I just use a cheap Submersible Water Pump to mix my nutes in my reservoir when i add them. Like this:

1592188089288.png

What do you have under your plants to catch run off? I use a huge Tupperware bin (meant for storing clothes under the bed) and then suck the water out after, for my soil grows. Its like 6 inches tall but 3ft X like 2ft. I can flush multiple gallons through my soil grow with it and not worry about a mess.

Looking good! I just use a cheap Submersible Water Pump to mix my nutes in my reservoir when i add them. Like this:

1592188089288.png

What do you have under your plants to catch run off? I use a huge Tupperware bin (meant for storing clothes under the bed) and then suck the water out after, for my soil grows. Its like 6 inches tall but 3ft X like 2ft. I can flush multiple gallons through my soil grow with it and not worry about a mess.

As I am just setting stuff up I don't have anything in there yet but I do have the correct sized pans and risers to use below. My only concern is space but I think your solution may be the ticket if the pans are too big for the 2x4

Found them! These are the exact ones I use for my soil grow. I was so tired of wanting to flush 5 gallons through my soil plants and not really being able to. Cheap and work good from wallyworld. You would just need to make sure they fit if you went that route! Im sure their are many options out there for something like this. Its what I came up with =)

1592266962787.png

I checked out the ladies tonight and they look like they hit a growth spurt. I did recut the odd duck as I could tell I botched it the first time by not cutting enough. Fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom