Jack Herrer SCROG

Modest Grower

Jack Herer and I had to throw some beans in the mix! :slide:

4 dropped with plans to do a SCROG in a 4x4 tent under a Mars LED and a kind LED
20200524_232644.jpg

The seeds will soak overnight and then move to a paper towel in a loosely closed tin until a tap root emerges.

The seedlings will start in a 2x4 tent under a DIY LED and then move to a 4x4 tent under a Mars hydro LED and a Kind xl750.

Here are the two plants in flower now. It is my first attempt at a SCROG. I have a Franco Lemon Cheese in a large cooler and a Blue Dream in a 5 gallon pot.

20200524_093305.jpg

20200523_130040.jpg

I'll sit in here, if you don't mind! Love me some JH! Best I ever smoked was in Amsterdam. It blew my socks off.

Good luck!
The more the merrier, thanks for joining!

I have always wanted to smoke JH but have never had the opportunity so I am thrilled to be growing it now. I can't wait until I am enjoying a JH joint with JH rosin. :passitleft:

The more the merrier, thanks for joining!

I have always wanted to smoke JH but have never had the opportunity so I am thrilled to be growing it now. I can't wait until I am enjoying a JH joint with JH rosin. :passitleft:

You'll be a happy chappy when that happens, man.
I'm currently staring down my plant every time I feed her, just imagining the buds she'll have on her soon.
I found the patience needed for growing easier when I had a full jar...

I found the patience needed for growing easier when I had a full jar...

So true! That's why when I started back up at the beginning of the year after a few years off of growing, I did 2 runs of autos while my lemon cheese and blue dream vegged out. Now, I have a good stash of flower and rosin and no longer have an urgency to finish but am always excited for more diversity!

So true! That's why when I started back up at the beginning of the year after a few years off of growing, I did 2 runs of autos while my lemon cheese and blue dream vegged out. Now, I have a good stash of flower and rosin and no longer have an urgency to finish but am always excited for more diversity!

Wish I had the space to do that! I'm starting to wish I went the auto route first time round haha

I figured I should share some details on the plan for this grow while we wait for the babies to fully enter this world.

I will be growing in 5 gallon fabric pots filled with a mixture of fox farm ocean forest, mushroom compost, and coco coir. I have been using this soil dating back years ago when I first started growing.

The pots will sit on a riser above a tray. My plan is to automate the watering/feeding using these horseshoe shaped watering things I ordered. I will need to have it set up at least temporarily for a week while I'm gone but I'd like to dial it in for continued use.

Finally, I am using MegaCrop. The bag pictured is my super cheap sample that is getting close to done. I ordered a 22lb (I think) bag that has already shipped so there will be no shortage of food for these girls.

20200526_112552.jpg

Confirmed 4/4 showing taproot :yahoo:

I move mine to soil earlier than some but it seems to work for me. These are headed to cups as we speak.

I also bury mine a bit shallow, maybe its separation anxiety but again, it works for me. What this means is the helmets will likely stay on and be removed above ground manually. I'll try and be brave and bury these a bit deeper to have nature remove the helmet.

Vigorous activity though, if you look at the picture from this morning.

20200526_174016.jpg

Happy Thursday my friends!

I moved the ladies in their cups to the veg tent. I took a quick pic for a status update in the process. I see 3 above soil and the 4th is just breaking through.

As I mentioned, I bury my germinated seeds shallow so the seed hull or helmet will likely need to be removed.

Personally, I will try and avoid this more with autos but for photos, I really don't see harm unless the seed hull causes catastrophic damage getting stuck which is likely possible but I have not yet seen. Anyways, here they are and moving to light.

20200527_183601.jpg

Awesome! They’ll be fully out before we know it! I also bury mine early too, hasn’t failed yet. What’s the saying? If it ain’t broken don’t fix it? Anxiously waiting to do see that greeeeen! :high-five:
I keep telling myself there are people who go straight to soil and some who leave it in the paper towel forever so if it works for both of them, I should do alright haha

Nursery cam update: Alive and well in the veg tent. (Front right 4 styrofoam cups).

20200527_223206.jpg

Fairly soon, all the other plants will be relocated and the 4 Jack Herer will have the place to themselves. 2x4 veg tent with a 100W "make shift" LED that was repurposed.

20200528_202046.jpg

The exhaust fan for the veg tent showed up today. Ducting is still a few days out. Not my first AC Infinity Cloudline though. I have the same one in the flowering tent hooked up to a filter. I love the T series for it's ability to set parameters for both temp and humidity.

Anyways these things are silent heroes.

Back
Top Bottom