Mini Tent: Episode III - Bouquet of Buds

burdok420

Well, hello again, 420 Mag.

I'm back for another round of growing in my stealthy set-up.

The last grow I had in this tent did not go well. I ended up with 5 and bit oz from the 2 autos until the SF1000, which is impressive for such a small light, but the terps from the buds were pretty much zapped from the heat and humidity problems I had.

Ach well, I'm back again so let's get into it..

I'm not entirely sure which seed I'm going to pop, but I have a few autos to choose from.

I have 3 different autos from Fastbuds, an Apricot, a Grapefuit, and a Strawberry Banana.

I have 2 seeds left from the Blackberry Kush that I grew last time

There is also 1 seed left from the Lemon Meringue that I grew last time

And then I have some miscellaneous white label seeds like Creme Brule, AK47, and Blue Diesel, all autos.

I seen some videos on YouTube from a fella that grows these phenomenal bouqet-style autos that yield an impressive amount. He uses lots of ties and lst after topping the auto at around 21 days.

There is so much disagreement on topping autos, so I've realised the only way I'll truly be able to judge if it works or not is to do it myself.

So my set up is as such:

Strain: TBA

Medium: Living soil that claims to have everything an auto needs for the first 4 weeks of its life.

Dry amendendments: Bloom Auto and Malted Barley powder from the makers of the soil. These are to be added in from week 4 and the rest of the time will just be distilled water pH'd between 6.5 - 7

Light: 100w LED that I'm unsure whether or not I'm allowed to specify the brand

Pot: 3 Gal fabric

Got a few bits and bobs to do before we're up and running, but should be good to plant the seed this weekend.

That's all for now, folks

-B-

Looking forward to watching you grow

I've topped autos with success. Plants are resilient

Welcome aboard, OG.

Let's hope I get the same success 🤞

Do you remember which autos you have topped? I'm slightly hesitant to top the Fastbuds strains due to their quick veg

Welcome aboard, OG.

Let's hope I get the same success 🤞

Do you remember which autos you have topped? I'm slightly hesitant to top the Fastbuds strains due to their quick veg
Some unsavory seed bank. I can't even give them any credit. It is 50 seeds not one was alike.

I would start one earlier and one a bit later see which you prefer. Autos are monsters these days.

I always top autos, you got about a month to play with
I've actually started double-topping for the last grow and it works out fine

Hey, Roy, glad to have you here.

Double topping? Don't tell the Autoflower sub on Reddit that, they'll have your head on a spike haha! Did you journal that? I'd love to have a peep

Some unsavory seed bank. I can't even give them any credit. It is 50 seeds not one was alike.

I would start one earlier and one a bit later see which you prefer. Autos are monsters these days.

I'm only growing the 1 in the tent this time. It's a Secret Jardin DP90 tent, so I only have 90cm height to play with.

I've measured the pot and the minimum distance that the light could be from the plants, and if I can keep my girl >50cm tall then I'm golden.
If this LST technique works out, I'm golden. If not I may need a taller tent.

I grew 2 autos in coco last time round, they exploded in growth come flowering time and no amount of LST could contain them. Ended up opening the tent and letting them grow out. I had to make an attachment on the ceiling for my light to hang

Hey, Roy, glad to have you here.

Double topping? Don't tell the Autoflower sub on Reddit that, they'll have your head on a spike haha! Did you journal that? I'd love to have a peep

I'm only growing the 1 in the tent this time. It's a Secret Jardin DP90 tent, so I only have 90cm height to play with.

I've measured the pot and the minimum distance that the light could be from the plants, and if I can keep my girl >50cm tall then I'm golden.
If this LST technique works out, I'm golden. If not I may need a taller tent.

I grew 2 autos in coco last time round, they exploded in growth come flowering time and no amount of LST could contain them. Ended up opening the tent and letting them grow out. I had to make an attachment on the ceiling for my light to hang
Maybe that's the reason we're here and not on discReddit - folks here know what we're on about
Yes, it's in a journo here: double topping autos

Maybe that's the reason we're here and not on discReddit - folks here know what we're on about
Yes, it's in a journo here: double topping autos

Yup, a much friendlier and non-toxic environment around these parts. Some people get very elitist and arrogant about our little hobby.

Cheers, Roy! I'll check it oot

Yup, a much friendlier and non-toxic environment around these parts. Some people get very elitist and arrogant about our little hobby.

Cheers, Roy! I'll check it oot
EeEk tight fit.

It's gonna be a banger! Your gonna have to bend her up, stretch her out. I would back build the buds the keep the colas swollen and maybe get double the size.

Good luck! Were all watching!

How close do you plan on keeping the light? It could benefit you running it closer, keep the plant short and tight.

200w (9).gif

200w (8).gif

EeEk tight fit.

It's gonna be a banger! Your gonna have to bend her up, stretch her out. I would back build the buds the keep the colas swollen and maybe get double the size.

Good luck! Were all watching!

How close do you plan on keeping the light? It could benefit you running it closer, keep the plant short and tight.

200w (9).gif

200w (8).gif

I'm thinking about 10 inches is the minimum I should have the light if its running 100%. It's tight, but I'm trying to train the plant into my own little "goldilocks zone" haha

Hello, 420 folks

So I've decided that, as this technique I plan to use puts the fear of death and budrot into me, I'm going to grow a strain that I'm not so precious about just so that, if the worst should happen, I can write it off as a learning experience.

The seed is a Creme Brulee from a white label baggie and has the name of the seed bank printed on it, so god only knows what she'll be. I got it free with a seed order so I'm not too bothered if the genetics aren't stellar and I fook it up.

I'll be using LST a lot on this grow, so I've ordered an eyelet punch and some ring grommets to go around my fabric pot to make it easier. I'll be restraining and folding the plant onto itself with multiple ties, so this should be a good QoL upgrade.

I'll be attaching multiple soft ties to the plant as it grows and they will remain there for the whole cycle. The idea is to compress the plant onto itself until you have a short and dense "bouqet" of buds.

If I can manage good airflow and the humidity then this could potentially be my permanent growing technique until I can get more space to grow.

Will be clearing up my space and soaking the seed tonight

-B-

Back
Top Bottom