Mini Tent: Autoflower Edition - Lemon Merginue & Blackberry Kush

I've just realised I've mispelled meringue in the title of this journal :laugh: I'm a muppet
I get so stoned when I write I make a lot of mistakes -- and get corrected for it -- quite frequently, lol.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Maybe you can get a moderator to go in and change it for you. OR ... here's to getting stoned.

:passitleft:

MGM

what 's your media ?

your low side temp is a little too low. cannabis stalls completely by 14c. it won't die but development slows significantly. autos are a little touchy when it comes to temp and other environment factors, photos normally handle more.

the rh is a bit high, it would have you solidly in bud rot territory if they were in flower.

you should run a 1/4 to 1/2 dose of calmag under led. perlite, coco, and peat based media are prone to needing it. MC has a fair bit of calmag, but it isn't always available to the plant, i normally need to sub some in by mid veg. this is a bit early for a calmag ask, so you may want to look at your feed level.

I get so stoned when I write I make a lot of mistakes -- and get corrected for it -- quite frequently, lol.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Maybe you can get a moderator to go in and change it for you. OR ... here's to getting stoned.

:passitleft:

MGM

Ach, I'll leave it as it is. Perhaps it's some foreshadowing of the flowers effects?

A bud so potent, it causes spelling mistakes before it's even grown

Very cool! Have you ever been to visit? Glaswegians are a funny bunch of people, a sense of humour like no other.

Ouch, -8 is rough. We're still not there yet, December/January gets very cold.

Thanks for stopping by, Bill

:ganjamon:
I met her sister, freeken hilarious, but never went there.
England & Ireland is as close as I've been.
How are your summer?
Long enough to grow?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

what 's your media ?

your low side temp is a little too low. cannabis stalls completely by 14c. it won't die but development slows significantly. autos are a little touchy when it comes to temp and other environment factors, photos normally handle more.

the rh is a bit high, it would have you solidly in bud rot territory if they were in flower.

you should run a 1/4 to 1/2 dose of calmag under led. perlite, coco, and peat based media are prone to needing it. MC has a fair bit of calmag, but it isn't always available to the plant, i normally need to sub some in by mid veg. this is a bit early for a calmag ask, so you may want to look at your feed level.

Yeah, you're right. I have a reptile heat lamp that I'm think of adding. It doesn't light up so would be great and safe for the plants. It comes with a thermostatic control so it would be easy to control.

They're looking nice and green now, I think I've got the feed dialed in nicely. Will be doing an update tomorrow

Thanks for stopping by, bud :welcome: :ganjamon:

I met her sister, freeken hilarious, but never went there.
England & Ireland is as close as I've been.
How are your summer?
Long enough to grow?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

We're a welcoming bunch, I recommend going up North for a proper Scots welcome if you ever visit. Us below the cairngorm range have lost some of our tradition and hospitality sadly. Still nice, but a bit rough around the edges haha.

Summer is either decent or shite. No in-between haha. Probably too much rain for an outside crop to survive, and not hot enough for long enough to do anything other than autos if you tried.

I had a mate who set up a guerilla grow. You couldn't give that bud away for free :laugh:

Yeah, you're right. I have a reptile heat lamp that I'm think of adding. It doesn't light up so would be great and safe for the plants. It comes with a thermostatic control so it would be easy to control.

i need a small heater in my veg space as well. it doesn't take much. mine has a fan and i simply put electrical tape over the indicator light.

i need a small heater in my veg space as well. it doesn't take much. mine has a fan and i simply put electrical tape over the indicator light.

Even if there was a small glow from the lamp, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I assume this because they're autos, it'll be unlikely that they herm or stress from it.
Or am I wrong?

Even if there was a small glow from the lamp, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I assume this because they're autos, it'll be unlikely that they herm or stress from it.
Or am I wrong?

better safe than sorry. autos are actually much more touchy about stuff like that.

They're looking nice and green now, I think I've got the feed dialed in nicely. Will be doing an update tomorrow

Thanks for stopping by, bud :welcome: :ganjamon:
I have heating challenges in my converted coal room in a Michigan basement.

Outside temps can easily go lower than -20ºC. Inside the grow room temps used to get as low as 13ºC. That low end is why I decided to go with wood boxes instead of a tent, then line it with reflective, bubble wrap. Wood insulates, so does the reflective bubble wrap.

Something that may help you is to add a layer of that reflective bubble wrap to the floor of your tent, then add some seedling warming mats. They draw about 17-watts and fit the size of the nursery trays you are using to hold your pots.

I find them effective heaters in my cold coal room.

MGM

I shall get the heater into the tent somehow today when lights are on. I think I'm going to need another flange for cables to run through, as I still have some supplementary strip lighting to add in once things start flowering. It'll be a bit cramped with every cable running through one hole, but I should get another 50ish Watts of light from them

just be prepared for humidity to drop once the heater has been added it will push very dry air. It’s definitely a delicate dance when trying to add heat and keep humidity in the right range.

good luck :high-five:

just be prepared for humidity to drop once the heater has been added it will push very dry air. It’s definitely a delicate dance when trying to add heat and keep humidity in the right range.

good luck :high-five:

Thank you! I've managed to get the humidity down for now by increasing the power to my filter, so that should deal with that until I get the heater in there. Lights are on so I'll leave it for now.

Thanks for the tip, SF!

O. M. G!

Sorry I’m late!

They couldn’t fit me in the Uber! I had to be strapped to the top of a double decker bus!

But I’m here now :)

Be a love and get me a pink gin 🩷

IMG_1016.jpeg

O. M. G!

Sorry I’m late!

They couldn’t fit me in the Uber! I had to be strapped to the top of a double decker bus!

But I’m here now :)

Be a love and get me a pink gin 🩷

IMG_1016.jpeg

Fashionably late, my dear :welcome:

I'm not sure about pink gin, but I've got a dusty bottle of whisky, and I can serve it in an old mug I got from an Easter egg when I was 7.
That's class in these parts

Fashionably late, my dear :welcome:

I'm not sure about pink gin, but I've got a dusty bottle of whisky, and I can serve it in an old mug I got from an Easter egg when I was 7.
That's class in these parts
It is a well known forum fact I’m classy as fuck.

Just hand me the bottle and I’ll neck it lolling!

So good to see you up and growing again!

😍😍😍

Day 20 since the children arose from their coco nests:
So I've not posted over the past couple of days because, let's face it, it's not enthralling reading at this stage of the grow. But since I have left it for a couple of days, there is something to report!

I began to LST the plants on the 20th, and there has been some growth since then. I didn't take any photos before I tied them down, but here is what they looked like after their first round of LST:

20/11/23
I closed them up and left them after a feed of:
Megacrop: 1.1g per L
pH: 5.9

I noticed that the Blackberry Kush had small spots on some of her leaves, I think she was low on calcium so I have since started adding a 1/4 strength dose of Canna CalMag, and started to increase the pH closer to 6.2. The Lemon Meringue looks nice and healthy, so I didn't want to up the dose of Megacrop and risk nute burn.
I also adjusted the garden wire each time I opened the tent so both girls stayed mostly horizontal.

The girls are being fed:
Megacrop: 1.3g per L
Canna CalMag: 0.25(ish)ml per L
pH: 6.1
Here is what they looked like when I opened the tent today for feeding:

23/11/23
They're both still young so I'm not expecting rapid growth at this stage, but I wanted to control the height of the plant as much as possible so started LST a bit early.

But the lower growth is starting to look nice

Lemon Meringue:

And the plant is generally looking nice and healthy:

The Blackberry Kush has no new spots on her leaves, so I am hopeful I was right and she just needed a bit more calcium than what was available in the Megacrop at this dose.

Blackberry Kush:

In my attempts to adjust her restraint, I accidentally snapped off one of her leaves, not a massive problem but a reminder that they're very fragile at this age

And here is them both after being readjusted:

My temps are still low when lights are off, I haven't been able to install my vivarium heater as of yet because the thermostat probe doesn't stretch far enough to get in through the flange (funny word). So I need to wait until a new flange cutter (ouch) arrives and I can get it in before the weather drops and we get snow. But I have brought down the RH quite a bit and it's stable now.

And that is about that, really! They're growing quickly and showing early signs of sex so I think both will be fairly quick to harvest, probably ready sometime in early January :dude-knocking:. Will be a nice smoke to keep us cosy in the winter weather.

I'll probably leave a few days before I post another update unless something exciting/tragic happens, until then I'll just pester you all on your own journals.

Thanks for stopping by :ganjamon:

-B-

It is a well known forum fact I’m classy as fuck.

Just hand me the bottle and I’ll neck it lolling!

So good to see you up and growing again!

😍😍😍

You are the classiest, my dear. I am but a peasant in your company :laugh:

Cheers, Tra!
I'm just bloody sick of paying for my medical weed, most of the taste gets zapped out when they irradiate it. I'd like some terpenes without having to pay BM prices. A true Scotsman, motivated by my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom