Mini Tent: Autoflower Edition - Lemon Merginue & Blackberry Kush

I've not been posting on here because not much has been happening. The girls are showing some flowering signs and have stretched a bit, so I'll do a better update tomorrow because I'm a lazy sod and can't be arsed.
Here is a photo of the ladies from today

Its even a lazy photo haha. I took it and thought, "Aye, that'll do".

Hope you're all well,

-B-

Not much to update further than the picture from last night. They're still growing rapidly, I'm sure the Bb Kush gained about 2 inches over night..

Having issues with humidity though. It was sitting at 80% when I opened the tent to feed, I left it open a bit when making the feed and it dropped down.

There is plenty of intake and extraction, I have 2 fans AND a dehumidifier.

Looking forward to when they stop stretching and I can give them a chop

Hey folks, will put a proper update up on Monday.

For now, I need some help. I have 2 fans and a dehumidifier in the tent, but I can't get it below 70% rh.

Freaking out a tad, getting right into flower, and even a last-resort defoliation hasn't helped.

I was thinking of buying some silica packets and making some container for it, is this safe to do? There's not a lot of information online. My tent is small, and my house is pretty humid as it is. It's 88% humidity outside, so I feel like I'm fighting a futile battle here.

I don't have the cash for another dehumidifier, so that's out of the window. So affordable suggestions are needed, please!

IMG_1595.jpeg

This grow is more frustrating than I thought it would be. I live in a cottage that used to be a bungalow with very high ceilings, now it's an almost-2-floor cottage. Whatever humidity levels are lingering outside are matched in my house.

I've had no choice but to invest in a more powerful dehumidifier, there is no other option left other than scrapping the grow now. That would at least save the heart break caused by an almost certain mould outbreak.

The plants are huge. Well, the Blackberry is fucking massive and outgrowing the tent, whereas the Lemon is an almost perfect size for this tent. Bb is throwing out some lovely dark purple colours already 💜

I'll post a picture shortly for context, but there's no winning this humidity battle, not without a hardware upgrade.

Also, my girlfriends mum and brother are coming for Christmas, and although it would be fine if they knew, I'd still like only myself and my lady know about our secret garden.
I cannot maintain my current stealthy status with the humidity in this house so high, hence the more powerful dehumidifier. Some customer reviews claim they need to empty the 2L tray multiple times a day if not using the outlet hose, which is exactly what I'm needing. My current dehumidifier is collecting around 3 ant tears worth of water every day, I'd be better taking one of my daughters straws and sucking the moisture out myself.

The girls look gorgeous. It would be a shame to lose them. Pictures today and then a more plant specific post coming sometime this week.

Cheers

As you can see, its a fucking mess. Don't know what else I can do, that Blackberry is just too massive for my wee tent
Not a terrible problem. :welldone:
Hope your doing well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Not a terrible problem. :welldone:
Hope your doing well.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Terrible? No. Stressful? Most definitely. :laugh:

If the humidity wasn't in the high 80s with the tent closed, I'd be a happy man and I'd just arrange them properly and deal with it as best I can.

When I get the dehumidifier tomorrow I'll be able to do some work maneuvering the branches into more orderly positions. To do that, I need to over lap some branches and that will not help the already awful humidity problem.

Am I well? Ask again tomorrow when the dehumidifier arrives haha.

Cheers Bill,
All the best

Do you have marketplace?

I bought a dehumidifier for fifty bucks. Game changing bruv!

I've been free of Facebooks grip for almost 4 years now, but I did nip on to see if anyone was selling. I got my new one for £118 on offer, and that's cheaper than what folk were posting in my area.

My issue with buying something like this second hand from someone in this city is simple; We have the worst drug problem than any city in Europe. I hate to assume someone is a jakie, but 75% of people selling on these pages have either stolen what they're selling, or it's barely working already and they're trying to get some cash haha

Huzzah! The dehumidifier arrived!

Huzzah! The reviews weren't bullshit!

This thing is a beast, I left it on for half an hour and it already blasted about 400ml out of the air, which is crazy. I wasn't getting anywhere near that before with my smaller dehumidifier.
Now I've got rH dialed in between 45 - 55% so I can finally stop panicking.

So here is, I think, Day 37

With the dehumidifier coming to the rescue, I can finally try and arrange these plants a bit.

I decided to leave the Lemon be, other than her main stem being tied back a little, she is actually very manageable.

Her roommate is a little less forgiving. The blackberry has grown into a monster fit for a much bigger tent.

20231221_203853.jpg
20231221_203901.jpg
20231221_203844.jpg
20231221_203827.jpg

It's hard to get decent photos because of the lack of space, so please forgive the eyesore on your screen.

My only real option with the blackberry is to bend her into herself, which is a tricky thing to do without blocking budsites or creating a sweaty bush of leaves prime for mildew.

I tried to get photos of what I've done, but again, it's difficult with this mess

20231221_205955.jpg
20231221_205946.jpg
20231221_205938.jpg
20231221_205932.jpg

I did my very best to get all the tall branches out of the direct light, but only if they couldn't be bent lower and still be under the light. I already have some very folded leaves, the last thing I want any bleaching on these beautiful purple colours.

I think the stretch is done for the blackberry, thankfully. The lemon seems to have slowed it's growth but hasn't stopped yet, hopefully it does soon.

They're being fed:

2.5l Water
2.4g of Megacrop
1.5ml of Ionic Pk
2.5ml of liquid Calmag
PH 6.1

Should hopefully be posting semi-regular updates once again now.
With all the panic and struggle with humidity, I honestly thought I was going to lose this grow to mould and I just didn't fancy documenting my heartbreak, ye ken wit a mean?

Here's to smooth sailing from here on, and a bountiful harvest from these girls.

Thanks for popping by, beautiful people.

Hope you're all well

-B- :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom