Mini Tent: Autoflower Edition - Lemon Merginue & Blackberry Kush

burdok420

Well hello there, and welcome to my second journal.

Please, dear people, gather round. Let Ol' Burdok tell you a story.

Twas a cold and windy Scottish evening. The rain battered my windows and the wind howled down my chimney, likes wolves on the prowl or a chavvy girl on a Saturday evening after too many colourful drinks. I took shelter from the cold and the wet, and got myself busy setting up my next wee project.

After much humphing and cursing, I managed to get my tent into my cramped cupboard. I moved since my last mini-grow and have far less space to fit a tent. I went for a Secret Jardin DP90 (90cm x 60cm x 98cm), which has more horizontal space for my girls but I'm having to trade that with a loss of 22cm in height which, I'm sure a lot of guys will attest to, is quite a lot.
The tent doesn't come with vent or cable holes already made, but there is a handy wee tool that cuts them for you. I say "handy", but I was ready to throw the tent out the window at one point until I realised I had it attached to the tent wrong :rolleyes:

But I got it up (no jokes please), and let's get on with the more interesting stuff.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what am I growing?

This time I went for 2 autoflowers, as I am impatient and want some flowers as soon as possible!

Strains:

Lemon Meringue Auto - Tastebudz

From their website:
"Auto lemon skunk x Cream cookies....a match made in heaven! Cookie sweetness paired with Tangy Lemon is a fusion of flavour you will never forget. A speedy high that hits you straight off, make sure you are sitting down for this one.

Genetics: auto lemon skunk x cream cookies
Height: 60-160 cm
Flowering Time: 6-8 weeks indoor
Indica/Sativa: 60% Indica 40% Sativa
Yield: Indoor 400 g/m2 / Outdoor 50-160 g/plant
Harvest: 10-11 weeks
THC: 23%
CBD: 1%
Taste: Lemon Meringue
Smell: Citrus Skunk
Effect: Speedy High / Couchlock
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor / Outdoor
Medical Properties: Stress"
Screenshot 2023-11-12 194622.png

Strain 2:

Blackberry Kush Auto - Dutch Passion
From their website:
"Auto Blackberry Kush is an extraordinary Indica dominant autoflower. In addition to her beautiful appearance, she also has a unique aroma and flavor profile. The terpene profile clearly shows the complexity of this strain.

These include terpinolene, pinene, limonene, caryophyllene and myrcene as the most dominant terpenes. There are also plenty of other terpenes e.g. linalool, humulene, and the rarer ocimene, camphene and eucalyptol terpenes.

Together, this makes for a great taste explosion that customers best described as fruity, earthy, pine-like with a diesel-like undertone."

Screenshot 2023-11-12 194548.png

Further details...

Light: I have a SF1000 that is currently 22 inches away from the babies and on 45% power

Air Circulation: I have a Rhino Hobby filter attached to the same DIY converted bathroom AC. I have a tiny little fan in there blowing on the girls, and in this tiny tent even the lowest setting is currently plenty. It's nice and quiet which is what I need

Feed: My girls are currently on 0.4g of Megacrop per litre of water, pH 5.9 - 6.1. I have a PK boost that I will introduce when they're in bloom, and also some calmag which may be needed later

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some pictures!

Lemon Meringue:

Blackberry Kush:

These photos are a few days old now, so here is how they look today!

Lemon Meringue:

Blackberry Kush:

They're both looking a little light-green so I will up their feed tonight in case they're hungry.

The BB Kush is looking a little stumpy in the leaves, so I'm thinking of calling her Nemo. Not sure about her cousin though.

And well, that's about it really! Not much else to say but, welcome and let's have a laugh!

- B-

Day 10 above ground:

I forgot to mention on my first post that these girls popped their heads out on 03/11/23.

There's not too much to report at this stage of the grow. I forgot how fussy autoflowers can be, so I'm trying to identify any issues as early as I can. I'm thinking that the Blackberry Kush is a little bit hungrier than the Lemon Meringue, the new growth as a little lighter on her so I've upped the feed a little for them both.

Lemon Meringue:
20231113_194752.jpg

20231113_194745.jpg

20231113_194739.jpg

Blackberry Kush:

20231113_194731.jpg

20231112_200333.jpg

20231112_200329.jpg

It's getting chilly in there during the day when the lights are off. It's around 6c outside through the day and I live in an old cottage.

20231113_194821.jpg

20231113_194809.jpg

And that's about it!

Thanks for reading

-B-

Day 11:

So I'm getting a little worried about the babies. They're a bit darker now that I upped the feed a little, but there are some little white dots on the leaves. I've checked for bugs and they're clear, it's not PM, and I'm starting to think it's a deficiency.

Blackberry Kush:
20231114_103947.jpg
20231114_103939.jpg

Lemon Meringue:
20231114_103933.jpg

20231114_103927.jpg

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I'm keen to sort these things out early .

Thanks

-B-

Hello 420 folks :hug:

The girls are getting bigger, still not too much exciting to report.
When they get a little bigger I will start to LST them. I had thought about topping them, as I have seen it done with great results, but I think I'll just focus on LST and get them nice and bushy, with as many thick colas as possible.

For the moment, however, I just feed them and tell them that they look pretty.
Feed: Megacrop - 1.2g per litre
pH: 6.0

Lemon Meringue:

Blackberry Kush:

As you can see, just wee babas, not yet ready for my clumsy hands to fondle.

The temperature is getting quite low when the lights are off. This is mid-November in Scotland, shit gets cold here.

The thing I am a little concerned about is the appearance of white spots on some leaves. I have inspected them as much as possible and I cannot see any wee buggy bastards, nor can I think of anything else that can be causing this.

Any help on this would be great!

I hope you are all well, and if your seasons align with ours here, stay warm!

Much love

-B-

Can't tell you what those spots are Burdok.

It looks like splash from watering. I'm not sure, though.

What kind of nutes are you using?

MGM

Nothing much to report at the moment, I'll be back in a day or two with a proper update.
Right now I'm just planning my training that I'll start after this next set of leaves get a bit bigger.
I like the idea of trying to top an auto, and had considered doing a side-by-side comparison with these two, but I'm going to save that for next time. I'll stick with the safer LST option this round.

More to come, watch this space
:ganjamon:

-B-

Can't tell you what those spots are Burdok.

It looks like splash from watering. I'm not sure, though.

What kind of nutes are you using?

MGM

They keep appearing on new leaves, too. I'm very careful not to splash or spill on the plants, but I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
I worried it was leaf miners, but I think there would be more lines and on both sides, the lines are only on the top of the leaves. It's an odd one.

I'm using Megacrop, it's powdered all-in-one feed. It's good and has done me great in all previous runs, never had any issues with burns or deficiencies

I think maybe a shot of liquid CaMg might be in order?

You read my mind, Roy. Although forgot to add that in my post haha.
Megacrop states that it should have plenty but I filter my water so its probably needed
20231119_190700.jpg

Day 10 above ground:

I forgot to mention on my first post that these girls popped their heads out on 03/11/23.

There's not too much to report at this stage of the grow. I forgot how fussy autoflowers can be, so I'm trying to identify any issues as early as I can. I'm thinking that the Blackberry Kush is a little bit hungrier than the Lemon Meringue, the new growth as a little lighter on her so I've upped the feed a little for them both.

Lemon Meringue:
20231113_194752.jpg

20231113_194745.jpg

20231113_194739.jpg

Blackberry Kush:

20231113_194731.jpg

20231112_200333.jpg

20231112_200329.jpg

It's getting chilly in there during the day when the lights are off. It's around 6c outside through the day and I live in an old cottage.

20231113_194821.jpg

20231113_194809.jpg

And that's about it!

Thanks for reading

-B-
Hey Buddy, found it. :thumb:
Right one? Right date? :rofl:
Just curious what's under the tent?
Cement can get cold at those air temps.
If not nvm.
Love me a little coco though. :welldone:
Can't wait.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey Buddy, found it. :thumb:
Right one? Right date? :rofl:
Just curious what's under the tent?
Cement can get cold at those air temps.
If not nvm.
Love me a little coco though. :welldone:
Can't wait.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This is the one, Bill! Thanks for stopping by :welcome:

The tent is on carpet so no stress with concrete luckily!
Just typical miserable Scottish winter weather haha

Good evening @burdok420 i’m going to jump in here and enjoy the ride. can’t wait to see what you can produce! :high-five:

I’m also a MC user 👍

This is the one, Bill! Thanks for stopping by :welcome:

The tent is on carpet so no stress with concrete luckily!
Just typical miserable Scottish winter weather haha
My Aunt is from Glasgow.
Why she married a crazy Irish family I'll never know. :rolleyes:
It's only - 8 here today, Northern Ontario.
Getting ready for more snow. 🥶
Stay Warm Amigo.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good evening @burdok420 i’m going to jump in here and enjoy the ride. can’t wait to see what you can produce! :high-five:

I’m also a MC user 👍

Welcome, SF :welcome:

I can't wait to see what I produce either :laugh:

Are you UK based? Depending on what clinic you use, the MC can be poor quality. It's nice to have it legal and delivered, but I miss terpenes man haha

My Aunt is from Glasgow.
Why she married a crazy Irish family I'll never know. :rolleyes:
It's only - 8 here today, Northern Ontario.
Getting ready for more snow. 🥶
Stay Warm Amigo.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Very cool! Have you ever been to visit? Glaswegians are a funny bunch of people, a sense of humour like no other.

Ouch, -8 is rough. We're still not there yet, December/January gets very cold.

Thanks for stopping by, Bill

:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom