Jack Herrer SCROG

All 4 seeds are above ground and the seed hulls have all been removed. Great method is spraying with a bit of water and then I used the corner of a razor to hook the seed hull and pull it off gently.

I was also able to remove two of the seed membranes or whatever those are called (sorry I'm dumb). You can see it on the top here before I pulled it off completely

20200528_231734.jpg

The ladies are doing great @SeedsMan

Here they are after 10 days. I'm letting them do their thing until I'm ready to up pot to 5gallon containers. I got some key pieces to the watering and feeding automation set up today. I'll be updating that in my perpetual journal that is in my signature.

I should be getting my 420 sale shipment from seedsman tomorrow so I'm excited to see what some of the freebies are and I will be getting some CBD strains going as well. Have a great night everyone!
20200602_181632.jpg

Not much of an update but they are still healthy. I'm just kind of letting them do their thing until I get my 5 gallon pots. Just letting them build nice roots for transplant.

Once they get a little bigger I will work on better lighting as it looks quite yellow in pics. Anyways here they are.

20200604_210105.jpg

Just goes to show you how busy I’ve been setting up my own grow that I don’t even notice the guy that pays the most attention to my grows is growing a specimen on my smoke and grow hit lists. I don’t even notice, how ignorant of me!

Looking good! No joke about the shallow bury, I’d even question using the word bury! It works for you, that’s all that matters. I’m the opposite and will plant deep (over and inch but under two), then worry for days before they finally pop. I only feel comfortable doing it knowing that some people will sprout seeds in paper towels for days with 2-inch long taproots before planting.

I do agree on the short time in the paper towel, less chance for drying out, bacteria, mold, etc. I really only use it as visual verification the seed actually cracked and started a taproot.

MG, consider yourself followed from this point forward so it doesn’t happen to me again.

Welcome @The Phantom. no worries! It's kind of funny because this could just be part of my perpetual journal but I wanted to have a clean journal for the comparative. Unfortunately, they aren't having it anymore but I figured I would see this journal through to the end.

Thanks again for stopping by. :passitleft:

You know what, you just refreshed my mind! I do remember this comparison grow and just looked it up, seeing my comment was the last one before Seedsman re-posted the 420 Mission statement and the thread was closed. I also remember seeing this on Monday,
which was the day after Seedsman’s post on the grow. I know before I became an official member there seemed to be some strife between members, sponsors/non-sponsors, and the staff on a few threads in particular I was watching as a guest.

I do have an actual question or two here I promise; what percent power and height are you running you lights at? I’m finding it hard to get information on grows when it comes to lighting (fun since that’s one of the three for growing, nutrients and water being the other two discussed more often), especially when a lot of people have or know where to get that same lighting you are using. I know Mars and Kind are popular so I’m sure there’s a few folks curious about that information throughout the grow.

I’ve already realized I need a lux/par meter to dial my QBs in but I really felt like I had no starting point for mine besides just keep lower The lights and increasing the power until she looks like those freeze dried kale chips (kidding).

Now that this is your own comparison grow, what are you looking at achieving here? Maybe a Mega Crop dosing comparison grow?!?! It would be cool to see 4 plants grown, one at the recommended dosage, one pushing the dosage to the plants limits, one slightly below recommended dosage which seems the safest/recommended route, and the last being dosed based on the MC Green color of the plant.

Right on!! That’s a great looking mascot!
#GameOfGnomes!!
How did I know I was going to see that as soon as I saw this? Is that guy a Steelers fan also? I'm super jealous and interested, I want some JH! CHeers @Modest grower looking forward to the results!

Thanks for stopping by @Pbass , @Backlipslide , and @burdok420. The gnome is just a great reminder for me to try and relax and go with the flow as much as possible.

I think it was in my perpetual thread but I offered a little background on the mascot. It reminds me of a phrase a good friend of mine used once "hammock gardening."

To me it means just relaxing and letting nature do what it does. The quote I used was "I don't grow weed, weed grows in my tent." Not sure where that comes from if anywhere but I like the thought.

Anyways, thanks again for stopping in. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! :passitleft:

@The Phantom great questions. On the lights I generally leave them on 100% and I shoot for about 18 inches above canopy.

One aspect of my lights that I seem to deal with the most is heat. On my Mars light I removed the ballasts and hung them outside of the tent. For the Kind LED, I sometimes will turn it down to 80% on hot days and the rent will be generally 2 degrees cooler.

As for what I will compare, I really like your idea on the mega crop doses. The only downside is I have my auto watering system that will pull from the same reservoir. I also am interested in seeing how well I can grow a whole scrog of Jack herer. Not sure yet

Edit: Gnome edit: how well a scrog of Jack Herer can grow under as ideal conditions as possible :D

20200606_104707.jpg

The gnome is just a great reminder for me to try and relax and go with the flow as much as possible.
That’s what it’s all about man!!:high-five:

I try to get that point across to new growers, but it’s a lot easier said then done. They get so wound up about making sure the plant is okay and paranoid about everything. You said it perfect!!

My Jack Herer is 30 days old.
About day 10 I noticed a very slight magnesium deficiency starting.
Gave it a touch of magnesium even though I knew my soil should have had enough magnesium, made no difference after a few days.
The only other thing I could try to pin it on was my temperature was pretty low, was rarely above 73 and averaged about 70 with about 67 lights off.
Been on 24/0 first 2 weeks and last 2 been 20/4.
I was running my lights down low and dimmed way down, was getting plenty of PPFD but the lights were putting out like 2 degrees of heat and apparently the low temps were contributing to the plants ability to uptake magnesium.
My 4 year old cheap pH meter was telling me lies also.
In LOS that shouldn't be of much concern but it was off by a full point so it didn't help any.
So I had to raise my LED to 32" and turn on 100% to bring the heat up to 77-79 and my plant about 500-600 PPFD.
Will just let it grow into the higher PPFD.

20200606_155622.jpg
20200606_155612.jpg

Back
Top Bottom