aug 5 lights on

susan grew .25 inches
dre grew .25 inches
pac did not grow

susan's cola is now 2.25 inches
dre's cola is 2.0 inches
pacs cola is 3.0 inches

watered each 1 cup water

i did not notice much in the way of growth im guessing because of the stress of defoliation?
woke up 7am this morning and WOW A LOT of new under growth in the area where i removed fan leaves! bottom budsites beginning to look like top colas ie:bud/pistils then a set of sugar leaves followed by more bud then more sugar leaves. i see this trend moving its way up the plant >:) :high-five::morenutes:

room mate is sleeping and locked his door therefore i will not have updated pics till closer to lights off(4 hr)

cheers all will update pics asap
stay green friends
:lot-o-toke::peace::party::ganjamon:

room mate was a dick did not get pics for aug 5

August 6 lights on

added roughly 3 inches of soil to each "pot" filled to the brim as im scared to transplant. watered 3/4 cup of water to help settle the new soil

this addition of soil fucks up my previous measurements but oh well

current height from top of soil

pac(indica) 16 inch
susan(sativa) 23 inch
dre(sativa) 23 inch

Cola length :
pac remains 3 inches
susan grew 3/4 inch to a total of 3 inch
dre grew 1 inch to a total of 3 inches

was curious if anyones readin this and knows. if i feed every week how much (cups) should i give it of the nute/water solution? ie:1/2 cup 1 cup etc.

all in all i am quite happy with their progress the 2 sativas have a crapload of new growth where i trimmed the 4 bottom fans off. theres new branches wth bud sites and more branches off those branches . all with pistils.

noticed on susan the upper sugar leaves at the top of the cola are fraying and turning in from overheat . moved the beam that the chains are mounted on up 3 inches . also mounted my very powerful honeywell fan in the upper corner of the closet it can exhaust the closet full of air probly at least 3 times a minute on max setting. after 2 hours of lights on the temp is 75 on the button . down at least 10 degrees from normal hopefully it helps with the curls.

i really need these to be done within 5 weeks. any chance of that being reasonable?

heres updated pics as of an hour ago
016691.jpg

015746.jpg

014817.jpg

013904.jpg

012994.jpg

0111093.jpg

0101259.jpg

0091371.jpg

0081530.jpg

0071689.jpg

0061816.jpg

cheers friends

Aug 7 lights on

pac grew 3/4 inch
susan grew 1/4 inch
dre grew 1/4 inch

Cola Length:
pac remain 3
susan grew 1/4 inch
dre grew 1/4 inch

all is well plant is nice color and seems to be enjoying itself as much as im enjoying having it around :):circle-of-love:

after mounting powerful honeywell fan in top right corner of closet to exhaust air, temperatures have gone from high 80s to mid 70s . Temperature was 80 by the time 11:30am rolled around and the a/c had been off for 5 hours.
nothing really to write as all is well .
i cant wait for them to start swelling.
heres some pics sry theres so many got carried away when i found the sweet spot without the HPS prison bar effect lol..:allgood:

025342.jpg

024344.jpg

022399.jpg

021455.jpg

020480.jpg

019491.jpg

017621.jpg

016692.jpg

015748.jpg

014819.jpg

013906.jpg

012997.jpg

0111096.jpg

0081533.jpg

0071692.jpg

0042175.jpg

0032318.jpg

cheers friends

Looking good ! Wonder what you'll yield

yeah wish i knew , got looking at a nice chart that sums up the weeks of flowering pretty good.
the nice thing is there are a ton of pistils so there should be a lot of calyx' to swell up eventually.
noticed cat hair on a bud earlier in a photo and removed it seems its a problem. going to try and find a air filter to put in front of the intake fan. have a dog and 2 cats :Namaste:

sure would be nice to pull close to a oz of each but im keeping it real id be happy to get my $300 back and just make it to the end :thumb:

sucks theres not more criticism/comments guess i shoulda bolded the thread name :|

heres the "summary of flowering weeks"

Week 1: The plant slows down its growth

Week 2: The first flowers appear at the nodes

Week 3: Vegetative growth continues as the plant grows a total of between 25-50% larger than when flowering started.

Week 4: Vegetative growth has ended and the plants concentrate more of their energy into flowering. Odor becomes more noticeable as the plants start to produce capitate trichomes.

Week 5: Flower growth proliferates quickly. The flowers become thicker in areas where they have previously grown and they appear in new places along the top of the branch. The odor increases as more trichomes are noticeable and the odor intensifies a little.

Week 6: Flower growth continues in varieties that take longer to mature. It slows and then stops in seven-week varieties as the plants begin to ripen. The calyx behind the stigmas begins to swell. The odors of the seven-week varieties intensify.

Week 7: The calyxes in the seven-week varieties swell to near bursting as THC is produced in the glands. At the end of the week they will be ready. The trichomes stand more erect and the caps swell with newly produced resin. At the end of the week the flowers reach the peak zone. The odor is intense and the glands, filled with resin, fluoresce. Growth stops in the eight-week varieties as the flowers start to mature.

Week 8: The flowers are ripe by the end of the week, and reach the peak zone in the last 72 hours. After that, they will start to deteriorate if they aren’t harvested.

note:copied this from blend well website not my own work.

cheers

Hi Jaerock, plants are coming along nicely. They're less than one month in flower still eh? I've seen pictures of other plants that have pretty much one long cola and yours reminds me of those. Some of those one cola plants have quite impressive yields. You've still got a potential 2 months of flowering to go so your buds will likely get a whole lot fatter. Even if you get less you have gained a whole lot of experience from this grow that money cannot buy.

honestly im happy with just the joy seeing them grow brings me on a daily basis.

2 months eh man i hope not my parents wanna sell this place in the next 5-6 weeks ill have to try some negotiating for sure.

heres august 8 lights on

pac did not grow vertically
susan did not grow vertically
dre grew 1/2 inch

Cola length:
pac remained 3
susan remained 3 1/4 inch
dre remained 3 1/4 inch

beginning to get concerned at the droopyness of the shortest(indica i think)

also susan has 2 fan leaves that the tips are pointing down note in the one pic.
if anyone has any insight to what this might be id appreciate it

you can see droopyness on pac(shortest indica), and susan (largest pot, second tallest ) but i am baffled as i feed and water each the exact same amount , susan shows signs of heat stress near the top of the cola the sugar leaves serrated edges often curl in , yet the plant that is taller than susan shows only 3 tiny serrated tips heat stressed? although is heat stress usually reversable or will those leaves stay like that forever?

any insight at all would be appreciated

heres pics

thanks in advance guys!

0052048.jpg

0061819.jpg

0071694.jpg

0081534.jpg

0091374.jpg

0101262.jpg

0111097.jpg

012998.jpg

thanks and cheers friends

Eventually the heat stress turns to burn and the leaf will not recover. Look for ways to cool the top layer of air a bit.

PAC - It doesn't look dry so underwater is out. Sort of looks like slight over water. She might prefer things a little drier than what you've been giving her.

Eventually the heat stress turns to burn and the leaf will not recover. Look for ways to cool the top layer of air a bit.

PAC - It doesn't look dry so underwater is out. Sort of looks like slight over water. She might prefer things a little drier than what you've been giving her.

you are spot on about the overwater after re reading journal entrys found out where .
i moved my honeywell fan to basically serve as a bulb cooler as it is now blowing directly under the light but 4=5 inches above the canopy
also moved my a/c to the window closest to the closet.

temperatures were from 77-80 with a/c on 79-82 2-3 hours after a/c turned off.

i just now turned light off and it was 78 on the button , no a/c for the last 3.5 hours

dre and susan are looking very perky at lights off with all fans pointing ~45 degree angle and reachin for the sky!

pac is showing signs of recovering from the over watering , leaves are more erect than 12 hour ago

thanks for the info on burnt leaves now that i know they will not heal i feel better because there has not been new heat damage in ~2-3 days however i thought the leaves would heal.
my new setup is cooler thus far however i am unsure of its performance throughout the work week as hydro is very expensive during daytime hours so i must turn a/c off 2 hours earlier then i did today.

workin on a scheme to raise my light holding beam but running into difficulties as closet goes to a 45 degree angle kinda wall 4 feet up the wall.

thanks so much heirloom for your quick insight i kinda figured i was over reacting:Namaste:

cheers

np heirloom :thumb:

august 9 lights on

turned on the lights and WOW these bad girls really did pack on some size over the night period.
soon as i saw it did a little dance i wouldnt want anyone else to see me do and got down to er lol!:party:

pac grew 1/4 inch to 17 inches
susan grew 1/2 inch to 23 3/4 inches
dre remained 23 3/4 inches

Cola length:

pac remained 3 inches
susan grew 1/4 inch to 3 1/2 inches
dre grew 1/4 inch to 3 1/2 inches

the main thing i noticed was leaves were more perky then at lights off and the under buds and colas gained girth, with the underbuds gaining a fairly large amount of size.The shock from removing fans and over watering appears to be over !:Namaste:

my loupe should be here in a week or less using 8x magnifier i can clearly see just loads of trichomes all over the buds and pistils and all the leaves . they look to be about half formed with only about 2% of them having mushroom shaped heads.

i love the smell of fresh cannabis. it reminds me of curing tobacco just a wonderful aroma i am so blessed!

heres some pics
022400.jpg

021457.jpg

020481.jpg

019492.jpg

018558.jpg

017622.jpg

016694.jpg

015750.jpg

013907.jpg

0121000.jpg

0111098.jpg

0101265.jpg

0091376.jpg

0081537.jpg

0071695.jpg

0061820.jpg

0052051.jpg

0042177.jpg

overall today was one of the most uplifting days so far thats for sure thanks everyone for the encouragement

cheers friends

august 10 lights on

pac did not grow vertically
susan did not grow vertically
dre grew 1/4 inch

Cola length :
pac remained 3 inches
susan went up 1/4 inch to 3 3/4 inches
dre remained 3 1/2 inches

The undergrowth got noticeabley larger again as did the tops , however the pics below do not do it justice for some reason tonight :(

leaves remain perky and any new cola leaves show no sign of heat stress so thats a plus.

most likely going to need to water susan and dre tomorrow at lights on and pac the day after by the feel of the soil down by the roots.

Pac(indica) has roughly 12-16 orange pistils with several half white half orange but about 75% remain white.
seeing more trichome production all over calyx's and leaves of all 3 .

not much else to add so heres pics for today
013908.jpg

0121001.jpg

0111099.jpg

0091377.jpg

0081538.jpg

0071696.jpg

0061821.jpg

0052052.jpg

0042178.jpg

0032322.jpg

0022420.jpg