Jay233 Grow - Jack Herer - NL x Skunk - THC Bomb - White Rhino - Critical - 600W HPS

Re: Jay233 grow Jack Herrer, NL x Skunk, Thc Bomb, White Rhino, Critical + (600w HPS)

Went to the hydro store today got some goodies for the girls...soil mix (sunshine mix 4 aggregate), e-z roots liners and some pots with holes (1 gal)
image3920.jpg
sorry for the sideways pic
I was going from solo cup to 3 gal than 5 gal for final pot. This grow I'm doing solo cup, 1 gal, 5 gal (maybe 7 gal depending on how long I veg)

The hydro shop is across the street from a large mall. Every time I get stuff for the girls I get stuff for my main girl (so she doesn't get jealous) :) I ended up spending a bunch of money today but everybody is happy ... good day:high-five:

I'll get some pics up tomorrow after I transplant the babies into the 1 gal pots (I'll do my best to get them right side up) :)

Re: Jay233 grow Jack Herrer, NL x Skunk, Thc Bomb, White Rhino, Critical + (600w HPS)

I planted 4 of the six seedlings in 1 gal pots tonight

image3938.jpg

image3941.jpg

Planted 2 Jack herer (on right)
1 nl x Skunk, 1 thc bomb (on left)
The white rhino and super critical are still in the solo cups...they were germinated 1 week after the others

Problem I'm having...
1 Jack herer was planted 4 days earlier than the other Jack herer. The older Jack looked great at first but for the last week it has yellowed a little, leaves have dropped and growth has been at a stand still. Here is a pick of the two jacks. The older one is in the rear
image3942.jpg

They have not been over or under watered. I water every 3-4 days (when pots are dry)
I am using distilled water (no nutes yet). The light they are under is a 200w clf (6-8 inches away)
The tent is a consistent 76-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Plenty of air circulation 171 cfm extraction fan...passive intake...good negative pressure (tent side suck in) small fan inside blows over the tops gentely

I have germed many seeds in the past 2 years with this set up...this is my first time using purchased seeds...some looked immature to me...don't remember which ones though.

I'm sure I've done something wrong but I'm a little stumped right now. The only thing Ive really changed is using distilled water. My tap water is too hard (high ppm, high cal) I'm going to get an RO setup soon but using distilled for now

Hope I provided enough info. Any help or advice is much appreciated

when you get your Reverse Osmosis system you will need to supplement additional calcium and magnesium as well.

Have you checked the ph of the distilled water you're getting? I only ask because Ive seen some wild numbers with the distilled water I get from the store.

when you get your Reverse Osmosis system you will need to supplement additional calcium and magnesium as well.
Thanks KJC...I use cal-Mag with the distilled water on the plants that are getting nutes.

On that topic...I recently read that cal-Mag doesn't supply enough mag ...any thoughts on that?...think it could be necessary to also supplement with a small amount of Epsom salts?

Thank you for your input KJC :Namaste:

Have you checked the ph of the distilled water you're getting? I only ask because Ive seen some wild numbers with the distilled water I get from the store.

Excellent idea Dooski!....I did check the ph of one bottle of distilled water when I first started using using distilled...I think it was around 6.5. If figured that was close enough...I know my nutes drop the ph a little but I know the soil is a buffer so I didn't want adjust for that small amount.

What never crossed my mind is that each bottle of distilled water could have a different ph. It would make perfect sense that my ph is off. It'll start checking each bottle and adjust to 6.8 if necessary.

Thanks Dooski! :thanks:

That's how I do it, cups to ones...then the final pot...I really like the tens i'm using now, next run is in twos...and they went straight from cups into them!

Ha ha... I decided to switch after reading your journal. I was doing cup,3 gal,then 5 gal...I think the cup to 1 gal is gonna work out great. Gives me more room in my veg tent too :)

10 gal final pot ...Nice. I think I'm going to end up with 7 gals...gonna skip the 3 gals ...so it will be cup, 1 gal, 5gal, 7 gal

Good weed to you McLoadie

Ha ha... I decided to switch after reading your journal. I was doing cup,3 gal,then 5 gal...I think the cup to 1 gal is gonna work out great. Gives me more room in my veg tent too :)

10 gal final pot ...Nice. I think I'm going to end up with 7 gals...gonna skip the 3 gals ...so it will be cup, 1 gal, 5gal, 7 gal

Good weed to you McLoadie

I think you could even skip the 5's, but the point is......that the roots start circling the pot. I don't like to go between 5's and 7's cuz I have to pack the soil around the root ball when I trans plant due to space issues between the 5' and 7s. I went from 3's to tens and it has worked so far...I'll know better when I break these tens down and see what and where the roots look like and where they went. When the roots circle like that it builds root mass where it would normally just travel through the soil to the outermost portion of the pot that gets water....we never used anything more than 3 pots for smaller ornamentals......but for trees...you just pot up as they fill with roots....til you get it in a pot it can sit in til you sell it.

I think you could even skip the 5's, but the point is......that the roots start circling the pot. I don't like to go between 5's and 7's cuz I have to pack the soil around the root ball when I trans plant due to space issues between the 5' and 7s. I went from 3's to tens and it has worked so far...I'll know better when I break these tens down and see what and where the roots look like and where they went. When the roots circle like that it builds root mass where it would normally just travel through the soil to the outermost portion of the pot that gets water....we never used anything more than 3 pots for smaller ornamentals......but for trees...you just pot up as they fill with roots....til you get it in a pot it can sit in til you sell it.

Great point! When I went from 3 gal to 5 gal I could barely get new soil in around the root ball and I made a big mess in the kitchen from spilling soil (I usually had the bad luck of doing it right after my girlfriend cleaned the kitchen...went over well :) )

So it's gonna be 1 gal to 7 gal...Thanks McLoadie:thumb:

....we never used anything more than 3 pots for smaller ornamentals......but for trees...you just pot up as they fill with roots....til you get it in a pot it can sit in til you sell it.

Did you work in or run a nursery?

I've been an arborist for 20 yrs ...I love trees.. so I really enjoy watching these beneficial plants grow

Did you work in or run a nursery?

I've been an arborist for 20 yrs ...I love trees.. so I really enjoy watching these beneficial plants grow

I was a horticulture major in school, we did a little bit of everything, my specialty was Japanese maples, I did some breeding, bonsai, I am generally just fascinated by the JM's....maybe it's the leaf configuration...LOL. I owned a landscape maint co. for many years, however, I used arborist for my tree concerns. I love ALL plants and trees, farm crops, ornamentals...if it grows I love it! I'm growing a bonsai on my journal right now, I don't know if I've ever seen a proper cannabis bonsai........My family owned commercial and retail nurseries...one was even featured in better homes and gardens...many years ago...it's in my blood! My great uncle grew fuchsias, begonias, ornamental holly, and tons of fruit and berries......

I was a horticulture major in school, we did a little bit of everything, my specialty was Japanese maples, I did some breeding, bonsai, I am generally just fascinated by the JM's....maybe it's the leaf configuration...LOL. I owned a landscape maint co. for many years, however, I used arborist for my tree concerns. I love ALL plants and trees, farm crops, ornamentals...if it grows I love it! I'm growing a bonsai on my journal right now, I don't know if I've ever seen a proper cannabis bonsai........My family owned commercial and retail nurseries...one was even featured in better homes and gardens...many years ago...it's in my blood! My great uncle grew fuchsias, begonias, ornamental holly, and tons of fruit and berries......

That awesome McLoadie!...yeah the Japanese maples leaves do look very firmilar :)
We have an amazing bonsai place a few miles away...my girl and i get stoned and spend hours in there...they have greenhouses and a huge outdoor garden with waterfalls too...beautiful stuff

I missed that in your journal ...I'll have to check it out

I love the Japanese Maple (Acer Palmautum) lol can't help it....I like how the trunk forms the best in bonsai
One of my favorite bonsai are golden rain tree

Good weed to you

That awesome McLoadie!...yeah the Japanese maples leaves do look very firmilar :)
We have an amazing bonsai place a few miles away...my girl and i get stoned and spend hours in there...they have greenhouses and a huge outdoor garden with waterfalls too...beautiful stuff

I missed that in your journal ...I'll have to check it out

I love the Japanese Maple (Acer Palmautum) lol can't help it....I like how the trunk forms the best in bonsai
One of my favorite bonsai are golden rain tree

Good weed to you

Acer palmatum bloodgood, my favorite. I also did ceramics and made utensils for the tea ceremony...which all ties in with the garden...it's a lovely thing......so much value~my bonsai just got started so don't laugh sir!...lol.....A whole semester of plant ID, 20 plants a week......I maxed that one out cuz of a study partner!

Acer palmatum bloodgood, my favorite. I also did ceramics and made utensils for the tea ceremony...which all ties in with the garden...it's a lovely thing......so much value~my bonsai just got started so don't laugh sir!...lol.....A whole semester of plant ID, 20 plants a week......I maxed that one out cuz of a study partner!

Ha ha...yeah that was the hardest part to get my certification...the memorization...300 + species of malus (apple) ...that was a killer...I could never do it now...I can barely remember what I did yesterday lol

You got me going now...I took today and tomorrow off (self-employed) :) ...I've been working a ton lately...I'll probably take my girl down to the bonsai shop this afternoon...after a few bong rips :)...I'll put up some pics if we pick something up

Ha ha...yeah that was the hardest part to get my certification...the memorization...300 + species of malus (apple) ...that was a killer...I could never do it now...I can barely remember what I did yesterday lol

You got me going now...I took today and tomorrow off (self-employed) :) ...I've been working a ton lately...I'll probably take my girl down to the bonsai shop this afternoon...after a few bong rips :)...I'll put up some pics if we pick something up

Some pics would be lovely! I live in a different region than I was trained in..LOL...all the plants here are different...less interesting IMHO!

Some pics would be lovely! I live in a different region than I was trained in..LOL...all the plants here are different...less interesting IMHO!

Will do...if I can get the princess out of bed :) ....she mentioned home goods and marshalls are the priorities today...so I'll do my best :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom