Jay233 Grow - Jack Herer - NL x Skunk - THC Bomb - White Rhino - Critical - 600W HPS

Re: Jay233 grow Jack Herrer, NL x Skunk, Thc Bomb, White Rhino, Critical + (600w HPS)

Is she sleeping with one eye open on you now??:rofl:
Nice jpurnal so far. Can't wait to see what you wind up with. :cheesygrinsmiley:

She has been sleeping with one open since we met LOL

...don't hold your breath but I'll do my best :)

Thanks for stopping in canna

Re: Jay233 grow Jack Herrer, NL x Skunk, Thc Bomb, White Rhino, Critical + (600w HPS)

I have noticed the calcium to magnesium ratios of different calcium and magnesium products can vary from 4:1 up to 9:1. I would look at the company's website who makes your calcium and magnesium supplement and see if they list the PPM's of calcium and magnesium supplied at their recommended dosage per gallon.

I have noticed the calcium to magnesium ratios of different calcium and magnesium products can vary from 4:1 up to 9:1. I would look at the company's website who makes your calcium and magnesium supplement and see if they list the PPM's of calcium and magnesium supplied at their recommended dosage per gallon.
Will do...thanks KJC :thumb:

I'm patiently waiting on the new seedlings...should be able to start lst'n them in the next few days...I'll put up some pics

...in the mean time here's a pic I took today of the flower tent
image4082.jpg

About three more weeks on the plant in the back right corner...the other 4 have just started flowering...I harvested 1 small (single cola) plant 2 days ago

I'm having some issues with my plant that is in late flower ...it is driving me crazy...maybe I'll get a closer pic of it after I eat dinner

Re: Jay233 Grow Jack Herer - NL x Skunk - THC Bomb - White Rhino - Critical - 600W HP

They look good jay, a little droopy maybe. Did you recently water them before the pic?

Re: Jay233 Grow Jack Herer - NL x Skunk - THC Bomb - White Rhino - Critical - 600W HP

The one in the back right looks unhealthy have u hit it with a good flushing to remove any excesses that might have built up the older the plant the more likely it is that you can get build up of excessive salts and the like. They look good otherwise. Keep up the good work and just tell the old lady you are getting good at tying down the ladies and that might get u 5 mins of peace and quite.

Hey Stealth...Light Addict and Growingnow:allgood:

...thanks for the replies

Yeah I've been having problems :)...I know it's not a heat, light, ventilation or over/under watering issue....so I've narrowed it down to a nute or ph problem

I have tried flushing a few times with plain distilled water and with clearex once...I've tried slightly more nutes, less nutes, changing my watering schedule (I was watering about once every 3-4 days water, nutes, water) I tried water, water nutes

I started having problems with my new seedlings too (slowed growth, light color) Dooski brought to my attention that since I am using distilled water the ph can vary greatly (thanks dooski) ...I had checked the ph of the distilled water before using it for the first time and got 7.0 so I figured when I add my nutes it will lower the ph a little and I'd be in the right range...boy was I wrong...I started checking every bottle of distilled now and I have gotten readings from low 6's to mid 8's:yikes:...also I noticed when the water is 7.0 and I add my nutes it drops the ph to around 5.5

So this week I did a light flush with plain 6.8 ph'd water...then tonight I watered with nutes ph'd to 6.8

In the morning I'm going to see what the ph of the soil is and go from there

Any help or advice is much appreciated...this has been driving me crazy

The grow in the flower tent is bagseed...I really want to get this figured out so I don't harm my new good seedlings

I started using distilled water with the grow that is in flower because my tap is well water with high ppm and high cal...I think I had less problems with the hard tap water LOL

Thanks for all your help guys...good weed to you

Hey Stealth...Light Addict and Growingnow:allgood:

...thanks for the replies

Yeah I've been having problems :)...I know it's not a heat, light, ventilation or over/under watering issue....so I've narrowed it down to a nute or ph problem

I have tried flushing a few times with plain distilled water and with clearex once...I've tried slightly more nutes, less nutes, changing my watering schedule (I was watering about once every 3-4 days water, nutes, water) I tried water, water nutes

I started having problems with my new seedlings too (slowed growth, light color) Dooski brought to my attention that since I am using distilled water the ph can vary greatly (thanks dooski) ...I had checked the ph of the distilled water before using it for the first time and got 7.0 so I figured when I add my nutes it will lower the ph a little and I'd be in the right range...boy was I wrong...I started checking every bottle of distilled now and I have gotten readings from low 6's to mid 8's:yikes:...also I noticed when the water is 7.0 and I add my nutes it drops the ph to around 5.5

So this week I did a light flush with plain 6.8 ph'd water...then tonight I watered with nutes ph'd to 6.8

In the morning I'm going to see what the ph of the soil is and go from there

Any help or advice is much appreciated...this has been driving me crazy

The grow in the flower tent is bagseed...I really want to get this figured out so I don't harm my new good seedlings

I started using distilled water with the grow that is in flower because my tap is well water with high ppm and high cal...I think I had less problems with the hard tap water LOL

Thanks for all your help guys...good weed to you

I have crappy water too jay, I went to r/o water, a little tap water for the calcium, and I'm using Epsom to get the magnesium. I seem to be having better luck now, it seems like the calcium od was locking out the magnesium.

I have crappy water too jay, I went to r/o water, a little tap water for the calcium, and I'm using Epsom to get the magnesium. I seem to be having better luck now, it seems like the calcium od was locking out the magnesium.

That's the same problem I was having...Mag lockout...but now the plants look worse with the distilled...that's a great idea...mixing a little tap in

I'm wondering if my plain waterings with just distilled could be adding to my problems...do you add the tap water and Epsom salts with every watering?

Thanks for your help...it's an amazing resource to have a site like this with great growers who are so free with their knowledge and kind

Anyone who says growing indoors is easy either has been very lucky or hasn't done it LOL

Hey chap as you only have a couple of gals maybe just use a Britta filter jug to sort your norm tap water. I use one just for my girls, they drink better water than me and the missus. Lol.

That's a good idea...I'll give it a try...thanks LA

That's the same problem I was having...Mag lockout...but now the plants look worse with the distilled...that's a great idea...mixing a little tap in

I'm wondering if my plain waterings with just distilled could be adding to my problems...do you add the tap water and Epsom salts with every watering?

Thanks for your help...it's an amazing resource to have a site like this with great growers who are so free with their knowledge and kind

Anyone who says growing indoors is easy either has been very lucky or hasn't done it LOL

Remember, what these plants hate is rapid change, I'm using about a third tap water...the rest r/o. The Epsom is a much more efficient means of applying mag to your soil, start out with like a teaspoon/gal, let em process that...7-10 days for me, then I just watch em.....if they look to be purpling up more than I like I hit em again. Just make sure to stop the Epsom at least 3 weeks before harvest, I tasted it in my last harvest, and that was when I applied it in the form of calmag. When I flip the light schedule, I like to have my plants already introduced to their flowering nutrients....I give em flowering nutes when they're small too...just a little.

Remember, what these plants hate is rapid change, I'm using about a third tap water...the rest r/o. The Epsom is a much more efficient means of applying mag to your soil, start out with like a teaspoon/gal, let em process that...7-10 days for me, then I just watch em.....if they look to be purpling up more than I like I hit em again. Just make sure to stop the Epsom at least 3 weeks before harvest, I tasted it in my last harvest, and that was when I applied it in the form of calmag. When I flip the light schedule, I like to have my plants already introduced to their flowering nutrients....I give em flowering nutes when they're small too...just a little.

Excellent info McLoadie....thank you:thanks:

Small update on the seedlings:

I transplanted the super critical and white rhino from the solo cups to their first pots

Now all six seedlings are in pots and ready to grow...they are under a 200 watt clf ...I also added a 35 watt (true watts) led to supplement the clf because it doesn't cover the full area

All the plants got watered this morning ...temp is about 75
image4143.jpg

Looking good just wondered if it was poss for you to run your light the other way and open up the reflector some (if poss) or get a cheap wing and bend it out so your area gets lit completely by cfls. Just a thought my friend.

Hey LA...thank you for your ideas:high-five:....with the 200 w in the reflector it seams to cover 4 plants through veg pretty well...with it horizontal the ballast on the bottom of the bulb blocks light so I get very little coverage past the ballast part of the bulb...I mount the light in the middle of the tent because it gives more coverage to the tip of the bulb...then I use the small led to cover the 1 foot of uncovered area in the tent...the small led has no problem covering that area...I use it to propagate my clones....if I put it closer than 1 foot to the clones it burns them

I used to put a 125 watt clf vertical next to the 200 watt clf horizontal but the temps were difficult to manage so I started using the led

My goal is to get an led light that covers the full sq. ft. Area of my veg tent

One of my questions before I do this is ...how will the plants react going from just led in veg to just hps in flower...the other question I just forgot cause I'm too stoned :) ....I'll get back to ya. LOL

....I'm gonna eat some cake now :)

....cheesecake
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom