Jay233 Grow - Jack Herer - NL x Skunk - THC Bomb - White Rhino - Critical - 600W HPS

Re: Jay233 Grow Jack Herer - NL x Skunk - THC Bomb - White Rhino - Critical - 600W HP

I'd like to see some pics jay......you are close, it's something simple. I am also at the something simple stage.....I'm so close. I will tell you a thing; I give my plants minimal water, I know folks using the same size pots I do and use twice as much water as I do...one difference is my soil. Your descriptions and explanations are very illustrative and I appreciate that. I try to get the slightest bit of runoff....I mean just a dribble tells me I'm there. In any case what I do when I'm using a different soil or medium, I let the plants wilt in veg....I mean just slightly, I visualize what my root system looks like and water accordingly. I try to get a schedule for watering....or close, but I want em drying out fairly quickly....3,4,5 days is good...I refer 3. Right now the 15 I have in veg in two gallon pots are getting 2 cups of water.........every 3 or 4 days....that's not much, but we can see that they are happy and healthy. I am listening to you when you speak of your watering technique and it is sound, one thing you can do is give em half of their water, wait a few minutes and give em the rest.........this will give you more thorough and even watering..........I'm watching closely..........pics are good!

Re: Jay233 Grow Jack Herer - NL x Skunk - THC Bomb - White Rhino - Critical - 600W HP

Thank you very much McLoadie for your response!...the watering makes sense to me...I also try to have my plants dry and ready for water every 3-5 days (on average it's three days but sometimes it a day or two more) That is on my mature plants ..seedlings and young vegging plants it's longer

It sounds like I am giving my plants more water than you and watering too quickly. I'll try watering slower and maybe I will be able to judge better what they need rather than dumping all the water in at once.

I will take some pics this morning...I can only use my iphone right now so the pics won't be the greatest by I'll try to get better lighting (take them out of the tent)

Thank you for your help McLoadie...I really appreciate the time you have takin to read my journal and give me detailed advice
:thumb:
Thank you...plus reps McLoadie...and good weed to you

Ok here is some pics of the 4 clones that are in flower

image4263.jpg
image4264.jpg
image4265.jpg
image4266.jpg

Babies look good, big ones clawing a bit. Have you got a lock out? Have you flushed at all? Sorry if youve answered this already.

Thanks LA....yeah I've flushed, lowered nutes, changed watering schedule..now I have ph'd my water added a little tap water to my distilled water and added Epsom salts...believe it or not it's doing a little better today LOL

Thanks LA....yeah I've flushed, lowered nutes, changed watering schedule..now I have ph'd my water added a little tap water to my distilled water and added Epsom salts...believe it or not it's doing a little better today LOL

Sometimes jay....I throw my hands in the air and struggle just to finish.......that plant really just looks like it is further along than your quotes..........be thankful it's just one and try to figure out what you'll do different next time. Your babies in flower are hungry for N, I must always remind myself of the good results I've had with 50% nutrients........my last run was with full nutrient doses...the whole way through and it is absolutely the worst yield I ever had.....but some of the best quality! Thank you for the reps.........I really want to see you happy..........or at the least contented with the advances you've made, the only difference between success or failure is how we proceed afterwards..........

Hey Stealth...Light Addict and Growingnow:allgood:

...thanks for the replies

Yeah I've been having problems :)...I know it's not a heat, light, ventilation or over/under watering issue....so I've narrowed it down to a nute or ph problem

I have tried flushing a few times with plain distilled water and with clearex once...I've tried slightly more nutes, less nutes, changing my watering schedule (I was watering about once every 3-4 days water, nutes, water) I tried water, water nutes

I started having problems with my new seedlings too (slowed growth, light color) Dooski brought to my attention that since I am using distilled water the ph can vary greatly (thanks dooski) ...I had checked the ph of the distilled water before using it for the first time and got 7.0 so I figured when I add my nutes it will lower the ph a little and I'd be in the right range...boy was I wrong...I started checking every bottle of distilled now and I have gotten readings from low 6's to mid 8's:yikes:...also I noticed when the water is 7.0 and I add my nutes it drops the ph to around 5.5

So this week I did a light flush with plain 6.8 ph'd water...then tonight I watered with nutes ph'd to 6.8

In the morning I'm going to see what the ph of the soil is and go from there

Any help or advice is much appreciated...this has been driving me crazy

The grow in the flower tent is bagseed...I really want to get this figured out so I don't harm my new good seedlings

I started using distilled water with the grow that is in flower because my tap is well water with high ppm and high cal...I think I had less problems with the hard tap water LOL

Thanks for all your help guys...good weed to you

Cool grow,I gotta mention that distilled water in non conductive there's no way a ppm/ec meter can read it right till there's something conductive in it hence the wild readings of the distilled water the readings are based on electrical conductivity totally0 ppm water is pointlessto test till you get some nutes,tap water etc mixed in technically it does not really have a Ph yet, ,
I like the I cheese port but I think in this forum an "I vape" or I smoke port would do even better! I drop a bud in my bud transmitter and based on your choice you test vape/smoke the digital sample ! Oh yeah!
When you flush you'll get a better clean by using a very weak nutes solution say 1/4 1/5rh regular dose like elements draw out like elements better than plain clean water! True story, I'm subbed:high-five:

I was at a store day before yesterday and a guy was servicing the ro water machine, I asked the guy what the ppm of the water comes out at and he handed me the report sheet that hung inside the machine...it varied between 6 and 10 ppm..........I believe you would have to go to a chemical supply co. to get pure water. My plants stalled when I first started using ro water, they hate change, but when I went to 20 or 30 % tap water......the jumped right back.........

Sometimes jay....I throw my hands in the air and struggle just to finish.......that plant really just looks like it is further along than your quotes..........be thankful it's just one and try to figure out what you'll do different next time. Your babies in flower are hungry for N, I must always remind myself of the good results I've had with 50% nutrients........my last run was with full nutrient doses...the whole way through and it is absolutely the worst yield I ever had.....but some of the best quality! Thank you for the reps.........I really want to see you happy..........or at the least contented with the advances you've made, the only difference between success or failure is how we proceed afterwards..........

Thank you for your reply McLoadie....That is good info about the nutes

I agree with you on success and failure....my modo is...you only fail when you quit, everything else is just the journey;)

Cool grow,I gotta mention that distilled water in non conductive there's no way a ppm/ec meter can read it right till there's something conductive in it hence the wild readings of the distilled water the readings are based on electrical conductivity totally0 ppm water is pointlessto test till you get some nutes,tap water etc mixed in technically it does not really have a Ph yet, ,
I like the I cheese port but I think in this forum an "I vape" or I smoke port would do even better! I drop a bud in my bud transmitter and based on your choice you test vape/smoke the digital sample ! Oh yeah!
When you flush you'll get a better clean by using a very weak nutes solution say 1/4 1/5rh regular dose like elements draw out like elements better than plain clean water! True story, I'm subbed:high-five:

Hey BID welcome...glad to have you here

That's a good point about the ph of distilled water...I never thought about that...I could of made inaccurate ph adjustments on my plain waterings

I have been adding a little tap water to my distilled (thanks McLoadie) and that should give me an accurate reading

Very good info to know thank you BID!

Love the ismoke idea! :thumb:

BTW I really liked your most recent vids....beautiful plants...the high Brix method is very interesting to me...I took a soil course in collage some of the classes were taught by the head of a large sod company in Maine...I was amazed at the complexity of soil...I also really like the the principles of the high Brix method...I have so much to learn about it...I'm looking forward to learning and watching your grows

I was at a store day before yesterday and a guy was servicing the ro water machine, I asked the guy what the ppm of the water comes out at and he handed me the report sheet that hung inside the machine...it varied between 6 and 10 ppm..........I believe you would have to go to a chemical supply co. to get pure water. My plants stalled when I first started using ro water, they hate change, but when I went to 20 or 30 % tap water......the jumped right back.........

I really am very thankful for your idea of mixing a little tap in...it makes perfect sense...I've been doing 1/3 tap, 2/3 distilled and adding a little Epsom salts if I still notice mag lockout I will lower the amount of tap instead of raising the the Epsom salt amount

We need to invent a device that removes calcium from water...I really think my well water is good for my plants with all the minerals I just wish there wasn't so much calcium :)

My sick plant in the flower room hermied...I don't blame it after what I put it through...I took it out and hopefully it doesnt pollinate the clones that are in flower...Very disappointed that it had to come out early...I had high hopes....it will yield between three and four oz's...I am putting all my effort into the clones in flower and the six seedlings in veg

So sad you couldn't bring ms. bagseed around. On the other hand, the clones look great and you did pull a harvest. Lots of interesting water info in this thread. I'm watering with rainwater pH ~ 6.5. I'm concerned what I'll do if I cant collect more (a real possibility in these parts.) My tap water is crap, but I know if I run out of rainwater to use RO and add a little tap to it.

So sad you couldn't bring ms. bagseed around. On the other hand, the clones look great and you did pull a harvest. Lots of interesting water info in this thread. I'm watering with rainwater pH ~ 6.5. I'm concerned what I'll do if I cant collect more (a real possibility in these parts.) My tap water is crap, but I know if I run out of rainwater to use RO and add a little tap to it.

Thanks For stopping in PJ and welcome...yeah it bummed me out but after reading McLoadie and Jon's threads this week on hash and ice wax I think I have a plan for it :)...got a washer and bubble bag set on my list and a store only 20 mins away has both...which is amazing because I can't even get a pizza delivered here

Yeah the water info I received in the past two weeks has been a huge help... Thanks guys :thanks:

Hope the rain water keeps workin out for you:thumb:

Pic of the seedlings 12 days ago
image3941.jpg

Pic of the seedlings this morning

image4364.jpg

They look like there doing great ...the plant in the rear, middle is thc bomb...it had deformed leaves from the start but it has grown out of it the top looks healthy now....the two plants on the left (super critical and white rhino) were planted a week after the other 4

The bondage has begin...the Jack Herrer is the first to get tied up

image4365.jpg

Back
Top Bottom