Jay233 Grows With New 675W Perfect Sun COB LED In Coco

Couple pics I took yesterday showing the canopy from the side and the stretch. Also it's tough to get pics from the doorway of the grow room but I took a couple showing thePS COB light and the set up.

As I mentioned before the room is 4 feet deep, 7 feet wide with a 9 foot ceiling. The four Dutch Delight plants are taking up a 4 foot deep by 4.5 foot wide footprint. The Bubblegum Gum auto is outside of the footprint and still recieving plenty of light.
20170620_204351.jpg
20170620_2043151.jpg
20170620_203451.jpg

Today's update.
I raised the ppm up to 450 today from 400. Highest yet. With the AN nutes I don't go above 550 ppm. Plants are looking healthy as ever.

If you look in the center of the plants there is a little area where you can see the floor. You can see how much penetration there is. The floor is glowing a redish color. :)
20170621_213737.jpg

Today's update.
I raised the ppm up to 450 today from 400. Highest yet. With the AN nutes I don't go above 550 ppm. Plants are looking healthy as ever.

If you look in the center of the plants there is a little area where you can see the floor. You can see how much penetration there is. The floor is glowing a redish color. :)
20170621_213737.jpg

Jay, are you using RO water? How is the PH of your feed running at 400ppm?

I didn't have the same experience using RO, the ph was never at 5.8 @ low ppm. Although it did not effect the grow to much at all there was still slight signs of deficiencies, I adjusted the PH. As far as the answer from advanced, was that the nutrients were chelated in a way that the plant will uptake the nutrients between 4 and 8 PH, so there was no need to adjust.
Anyway my old school ways brought me back to using advanced JJ coco without the ph technology. I did like that it had more additives in it.

I didn't have the same experience using RO, the ph was never at 5.8 @ low ppm. Although it did not effect the grow to much at all there was still slight signs of deficiencies, I adjusted the PH. As far as the answer from advanced, was that the nutrients were chelated in a way that the plant will uptake the nutrients between 4 and 8 PH, so there was no need to adjust.
Anyway my old school ways brought me back to using advanced JJ coco without the ph technology. I did like that it had more additives in it.

Really? That's surprises me. I'm using advanced nutrients coco a and b and my ph always ends up at 5.8 using RO water plus I add b-52 and voodoo juice. Maybe my water is at a ph level that just ends up being 5.8 with the amount of nutrients I use.

A friend of mine uses advanced JJ with great results. Seems like good stuff :)

Really? That's surprises me. I'm using advanced nutrients coco a and b and my ph always ends up at 5.8 using RO water plus I add b-52 and voodoo juice. Maybe my water is at a ph level that just ends up being 5.8 with the amount of nutrients I use.

A friend of mine uses advanced JJ with great results. Seems like good stuff :)

What's crazy is using advanced jungle juice coco A-B and cal/mag my feed settles out at 5.9. So I don't know why ph perfect does not do the same, I would be between 6.2-6.4.
The jj is alot cheaper and I multi feed to 20% run off 10-12 plants x2, costs adds up fast. Anyway I just wanted to know more about the op nutrient regime.
Peace man, happy growing ...

Jay, are you using RO water? How is the PH of your feed running at 400ppm?
Hey Suntana, yes I am using RO water and I always PH to 5.7. I have in the past ph'd to 5.5 or 5.8 but I've got the best results setting the ph at 5.7 consistantly. Keep in mind I check ph quickly, don't mix all that crazily and I'm sure other small factors. But I do the exact same thing and the same way everytime. So 5.7 isn't a Majic ph number in coco it just gives me the best results based on the way I do and check everything. Hope that makes sense.

Hey Suntana, yes I am using RO water and I always PH to 5.7. I have in the past ph'd to 5.5 or 5.8 but I've got the best results setting the ph at 5.7 consistantly. Keep in mind I check ph quickly, don't mix all that crazily and I'm sure other small factors. But I do the exact same thing and the same way everytime. So 5.7 isn't a Majic ph number in coco it just gives me the best results based on the way I do and check everything. Hope that makes sense.

Yes it makes good sense, thanks for that. Your grow looks great btw. Cheers

So Jay, you PH adjust the PH perfect nutrients? I thought this wasn't recommended. Clearly what ever you are doing, you're doing it right! The girls looks amazing :D

So Jay, you PH adjust the PH perfect nutrients? I thought this wasn't recommended. Clearly what ever you are doing, you're doing it right! The girls looks amazing :D
Yes sir. When I first started using AN ph perfect I did not adjust ph just to see and I quickly noticed minor deficiencies. I have adjusted ph since and have had zero deficiencies in multiple grows with many different strains.

I would do the same. Then I also PH my res about every 3 days to 5.8. I use the Bluelab combo meter.

I think meters vary. With another brand I used to use some years ago, they prefered 5.6ph.

Today's update.

20170621_213737.jpg
Looking great Jay, i was wondering, in your opinion how do you think the ps would do in a 4×8 tent, your room is 4×7 so do you think it would cover 4×8 with good results, its doing a great job in your space, im excited to get one.✌

Looking great Jay, i was wondering, in your opinion how do you think the ps would do in a 4×8 tent, your room is 4×7 so do you think it would cover 4×8 with good results, its doing a great job in your space, im excited to get one.✌
Thank you Tom. I think in a 4x8 two PS COB lights would be perfect. One PS COB per 4x4 space.
Even though my flower room is 4x7 I only have 4x5 feet of useable growing space. The additional 2 feet of width is filled with equipment (dehumidifier, carbon scrubber with 6 inch vortex fan and a Rubbermaid bin that I store my nutrients and tools in).
The PS COB looks to me to cover 4 feet deep by up to 4.5 feet wide perfectly. I do have a Bubblegum auto outside of of the 4.5 foot footprint and it is doing just fine but that is because I am allowing it to stretch upward well above the canopy of the other plants allowing it to be closer to the light so it still is able to get the lumens it needs.

Back
Top Bottom