Juicing The Plant For Her CBD's

Haha i keep forgetting stuff ah! Be sure to check out the Treatment of Pulmonary Fibrosis post Plat put up and you can check out our story if you like as to why we are going to be juicing. We have had this plan for over 2 years now and its getting so close now I cant even stand it!!

very nice contribution to this thread! thank you very much to both xbones and platinumled!

did you say you had 2% cbd just in the leaves?! thats impressive..

im growing sour tsunami and harlequin myself right now, both are in flowers i just posted pictures in my journal ;)

Flowers of :
the harlequin is looking good (suppose to be a 6/6 thc/cbd)
Sour Tsunami is a tall stretching girl.. (suppose to be 1/18 thc/cbd)

I&i

I am one of those members that Motoco helped and I also juice; have been juicing for a few years and been adding cannabis to my juice since about May of this year. When I take off half-dead stuff that goes back into my soil which is cooking but the healthy stuff goes into my juice. I do put stems and all when it's harvest time, again excluding the dying leaves. I don't do much defol but I do take a little and some popcorn for juicing along the way. My other ingredients are usually a combination of Kale or spinach, 1 green apple, thumb tip cut of ginger, 6 medium carrots and then whatever cannabis I happen to have available. Now that I'm building a larger grow area I hope to dedicate more leaf to juicing :)

very nice contribution to this thread! thank you very much to both xbones and platinumled!

did you say you had 2% cbd just in the leaves?! thats impressive..

im growing sour tsunami and harlequin myself right now, both are in flowers i just posted pictures in my journal ;)

Flowers of :
the harlequin is looking good (suppose to be a 6/6 thc/cbd)
Sour Tsunami is a tall stretching girl.. (suppose to be 1/18 thc/cbd)

I&i
Heck ya ill def check out that journal

Yea one is a .53% thc and 2.06%CBD in veg leaves and other is 1.69%thc and 2.11%cbd and the 3rd is 4.48%thc and 1.47%cbd all in veg so i cant wait to flower some of these too!

I have heard of this same hybrid strain getting as high as 4%cbd in veg so ill be popping more seeds and getting them tested in the future to find that golden 4%er lol

I am one of those members that Motoco helped and I also juice; have been juicing for a few years and been adding cannabis to my juice since about May of this year. When I take off half-dead stuff that goes back into my soil which is cooking but the healthy stuff goes into my juice. I do put stems and all when it's harvest time, again excluding the dying leaves. I don't do much defol but I do take a little and some popcorn for juicing along the way. My other ingredients are usually a combination of Kale or spinach, 1 green apple, thumb tip cut of ginger, 6 medium carrots and then whatever cannabis I happen to have available. Now that I'm building a larger grow area I hope to dedicate more leaf to juicing :)

Im getting some good mixes on this forum all ready for my future juicing! Thanks bud for the info!

its good to see doctors prescribing patients to go home and blend veggies and herbs instead of popping another pill and drinking it down with some cola

Yes, much better to drink down COLAS :)

I have a question about Juicing that we have had a problem with in the past.. While in veg if we juice the leaf it always turned out being kind of hot or spicy because of the nutrients that was being used.. We have just started using advanced nutrients mother earth organic and have not tested if this still happens because I dont recall what Nutrients i was using in the past for those leaves.

Can anyone give any advice into what brand nutrients would be best to use for a hydroponic ebb & flow (flood & drain) system and would be food grade since we will be juicing them daily.

Heck ya ill def check out that journal

Yea one is a .53% thc and 2.06%CBD in veg leaves and other is 1.69%thc and 2.11%cbd and the 3rd is 4.48%thc and 1.47%cbd all in veg so i cant wait to flower some of these too!

I have heard of this same hybrid strain getting as high as 4%cbd in veg so ill be popping more seeds and getting them tested in the future to find that golden 4%er lol

That is awesome! thank you very much for getting your leaves tested! its so expensive to test flowers no one even thinks to test the leaves. you my 420mag friend, just got ur self

+reps

I&i

thank you very much for this information, this will help many people on this site as well as our shop. i have been making a receipt book for cbd juicing once i get a few pages put together i will post them here.

I&i

I have a question about Juicing that we have had a problem with in the past.. While in veg if we juice the leaf it always turned out being kind of hot or spicy because of the nutrients that was being used.. We have just started using advanced nutrients mother earth organic and have not tested if this still happens because I dont recall what Nutrients i was using in the past for those leaves.

Can anyone give any advice into what brand nutrients would be best to use for a hydroponic ebb & flow (flood & drain) system and would be food grade since we will be juicing them daily.

again another great question!

unfortunately i do not grow hydro, but i did just take over a grow that is hydro :( so i may be able to come up with a answer in the coming weeks when i talk more with the owner of that grow.

since i use soil, i dont use nutes until i go into flower.. i use the base nutes that the soil provides. its more costly but i would think that soil and plane water through veg would be your best bet. im anxious to see what hydro growers have to say!

I&i

I wish I could help you with the hydro - I use mostly organic but still do notice a strong taste to the cannabis in juice which is one of the reasons I use ginger. Ginger has health benefits as well as assists with masking the green taste, but I can't say it tastes good - Kale is horrendous flavor to me too but the apple and ginger make it a little more tolerable but I still gulp it down as quick as I can.

again another great question!

unfortunately i do not grow hydro, but i did just take over a grow that is hydro :( so i may be able to come up with a answer in the coming weeks when i talk more with the owner of that grow.

since i use soil, i dont use nutes until i go into flower.. i use the base nutes that the soil provides. its more costly but i would think that soil and plane water through veg would be your best bet. im anxious to see what hydro growers have to say!

I&i

Heck ya ill be keeping updates in my Journal ill be making in a few weeks after everything is set up and ill try my best to keep the updates about Juicing after we start that up when they get big enough in here also. Ill see how healthy and fast they grow with plane water first and maybe only feed them when they slow down growth or start looking sad since we need them to keep growing to replace the leaves we will be juicing daily. At this point its just trial and error since this is uncharted territory for keeping a veg tent going all year round and never flowering.. Also our mothers are going on 9 months now and they are growing faster then ever under the LEDs from Platinum LEDs.. after we clone all we need from them we will be flowering them to clear the way for a bigger flowering in the furture.

I wish I could help you with the hydro - I use mostly organic but still do notice a strong taste to the cannabis in juice which is one of the reasons I use ginger. Ginger has health benefits as well as assists with masking the green taste, but I can't say it tastes good - Kale is horrendous flavor to me too but the apple and ginger make it a little more tolerable but I still gulp it down as quick as I can.

hmmm well maybe its not the nutrients that cause that hot/spicy juice then since your doing organic.. might just have to hide the flavor with other goodies..We will have to try the apple and ginger for sure! We will have to see what everyone else says about it too and see if that hot/spicy is common then..

Nice juicing info. Quick question. Do you guys sell the leaves needed to juice to the patients? If so, do you advertise the leaves as being organic, mostly organic or fully organic.

Do any of you guys who grow in soil, but use bottled nutrients, consider your plants fully organic? If not what would the correct term be for a plant grown in soil, but receives bottled nutes to finish.

Wondering because I have read some journals from fellow members and other forums talking about never using bottled nutes because bottled nutes are not organic. Not living. Some of the "Organic gardeners" get real uptight if you try to add anything that comes from a bottle. From what I read all of the benefits that the plant needs is in the soil if you feed the soil correctly.

#justsayin

I love this thread. Thanks guys for all this info and experiments. Keep on going and posting.

Hello 710420, we do not sell the leaves i am the only one at the shop that actually harvests leaves when i prune for specific patients that have requested it from their doctors. Sweat leaf is vended and can go for 100-500 a lb (washington medical prices) and usually gets turned into cannabis oil (rick simpson oil) hash oil, tinctures, butter, rubs ect.

organic is a gray area it seems, what i look for is these two labels (omri [organic material review institute)
OR (Organic USDA [united states department of agriculture)
without those, i dont believe its not organic. i have used humboldt county natural nutrients, but natural is not organic. so be aware.

I&i

710420, if the bottle says it's organic, then that doesn't make your grow non-organic. I'm all for avoiding chemicals in our diets, but, like many things, you can take this to an extreme. You can also get into issues of semantics. I have a veggie garden and I compost my kitchen waste. There are some folks that will say my garden is not organic because of the little stickers that sometimes make it through on banana peels. A lot of the bottled nutes can't be labeled organic. Often, the ingredients are otherwise organic except that the sources of many minerals are not considered organic. I think it's something with the definition of 'organic', but I'm not sure why rock dusts, or other mined materials, cannot be 'organic'.

Like GF said, the word "organic" has a lot of grey area.

Xbones, that's an interesting observation about the nutrients affecting the flavor. I just rewatched the videos about juicing cannabis. My wife and I have seen these before, but I wasn't sure I could sustain it in my small indoor grow. Now that I realize it's only a dozen leaves a day, I am sure I can veg enough plants for that. My wife juices daily, I drink some of hers most days. I'm going to have to start putting leaves into the juice. I use a hydro ebb&flow type of system with GH Flora nutes. I'll let you know how I think they taste. I will say that I eat a lot of stems and sometimes leaves. I think the 'spicyness' is somewhat dependent on the strain. I don't eat a lot of leaves, but I really enjoy chewing on stems. Kinda like some folks chew on toothpicks or gum maybe (I'm gum chewer too). I don't carry them around with me, but if I'm working in the garden and there is a stem there, I pop it into my mouth without even thinking about it. Sometimes they taste terrible, but I've never linked it to the nutrients. I've only used my one brand of nutes, and since the stems taste good most of the time, I think it's the particular strain/plant. I mostly eat the dry stems from the buds as I smoke them, but I'll often eat some while defoliating.

I had seen the second video before, but the dosage numbers really stood out to me, but I am wondering if their logic is flawed. They said raw you get ~600mg THCa vs ~60mg of THC after heating. I don't question the data, I question the interpretation. They speculate that this provides a larger dose. I want to know how much the THC weighs vs the acids that are stripped off. What if that little 'a' at the end is 90% of the molecular weight? Then raw vs heated has nothing to do with dosage. I can/do believe that the transformation from THCa to THC could be altering it's medicinal value. I guess this just set off my propaganda radar. :blalol:

We both want her to try taking some oil, but the solvent is proving to be cost prohibitive right now. Perhaps she could get a similar benefit by just adding some leaves to her juice each morning. We're starting tomorrow!

710420, if the bottle says it's organic, then that doesn't make your grow non-organic. I'm all for avoiding chemicals in our diets, but, like many things, you can take this to an extreme. You can also get into issues of semantics. I have a veggie garden and I compost my kitchen waste. There are some folks that will say my garden is not organic because of the little stickers that sometimes make it through on banana peels. A lot of the bottled nutes can't be labeled organic. Often, the ingredients are otherwise organic except that the sources of many minerals are not considered organic. I think it's something with the definition of 'organic', but I'm not sure why rock dusts, or other mined materials, cannot be 'organic'.

Like GF said, the word "organic" has a lot of grey area.

Xbones, that's an interesting observation about the nutrients affecting the flavor. I just rewatched the videos about juicing cannabis. My wife and I have seen these before, but I wasn't sure I could sustain it in my small indoor grow. Now that I realize it's only a dozen leaves a day, I am sure I can veg enough plants for that. My wife juices daily, I drink some of hers most days. I'm going to have to start putting leaves into the juice. I use a hydro ebb&flow type of system with GH Flora nutes. I'll let you know how I think they taste. I will say that I eat a lot of stems and sometimes leaves. I think the 'spicyness' is somewhat dependent on the strain. I don't eat a lot of leaves, but I really enjoy chewing on stems. Kinda like some folks chew on toothpicks or gum maybe (I'm gum chewer too). I don't carry them around with me, but if I'm working in the garden and there is a stem there, I pop it into my mouth without even thinking about it. Sometimes they taste terrible, but I've never linked it to the nutrients. I've only used my one brand of nutes, and since the stems taste good most of the time, I think it's the particular strain/plant. I mostly eat the dry stems from the buds as I smoke them, but I'll often eat some while defoliating.

I had seen the second video before, but the dosage numbers really stood out to me, but I am wondering if their logic is flawed. They said raw you get ~600mg THCa vs ~60mg of THC after heating. I don't question the data, I question the interpretation. They speculate that this provides a larger dose. I want to know how much the THC weighs vs the acids that are stripped off. What if that little 'a' at the end is 90% of the molecular weight? Then raw vs heated has nothing to do with dosage. I can/do believe that the transformation from THCa to THC could be altering it's medicinal value. I guess this just set off my propaganda radar. :blalol:

We both want her to try taking some oil, but the solvent is proving to be cost prohibitive right now. Perhaps she could get a similar benefit by just adding some leaves to her juice each morning. We're starting tomorrow!

The reason you lose so many MG when you heat your product in any way is because you only get 10% of the meds after adding a heat source since the heat destroys 90% of it also adding heat makes the THCa become THC and then in turn gives you a head change(curing also convert THCa to THC in turn making a high from cured buds).. When you juice it raw you are getting 100% since the heat does not destroy the different types of meds in the leafs.. (not just THCa and CBDa there are tons more that are lost/changed in heating that could be giving healing effects that we dont know about yet since there is not enough research into it yet) and no heat also does not convert it from THCa to THC in turn making there no way to get high from the THCa no matter what level.. since you need THC and CBD together for true healing seems at the THCa and CBDa its alot more healing and get you 100% in the first place.

So in theory juicing the leaves in raw form is way better then doing an oil if there is heat added to make the oil.. Since me and Angie has a tested high CBD and THC strain in veg form we know what levels of THCa and CBDa we are getting when we juice but since we have not been able to start juicing daily to test this info out and see if she can stop taking her 500mb of CBD oil a day with just juicing a few times a day to get the same level of healing.

keep in mind that juicing will either generate heat in the process (high rotational speed) or be subject to increased oxidation (pressed,slow centrifugal) so there will still be some changes to the qualities vs. raw.

Back
Top Bottom