Juicing The Plant For Her CBD's

How do you know the flowers have the most benefit?
Personal experience :)

I've never had enough plant matter to juice with, but eating it raw has given me the opportunity to feel its benefits. And by comparison to the rest of the plant, the flowers make me feel an immeasurable amount better. It's not even close, and my autoimmune [and other general health] issues have been essentially nullified and cured. If you have fresh flowers, I strongly encourage you to eat them in whatever way is most palatable. :yummy:

:green_heart:

as flowers do get you high, from a member of 420mags by the name of xbones has tested his leaf and around 8 month old vegged plants tested around 2+% cbd and around 1+% thc.

so the flowers are great and do work, but the leaf is great too and works for other issues. it all has its place. just finding which place for which is the key.

I&i

as flowers do get you high...
Dried, cured, aged flowers naturally decarboxylate with time, absolutely. I've personally never gotten more than a slightly euphoric feeling after eating lots of dried flowers, though. Never a true 'high' feeling, but there's certainly more going on than with fresh. As fresh flowers cannot get one high because all of the Cannabinoids are still 100% in their original acidic state (THCa, CBDa, etc.). So one could eat/juice nothing but fresh flowers until they're full, and nothing psychoactive would happen. That's the beauty of fresh Cannabis, as so much more can be consumes than can be in its dried/cooked/heated form.

In my personal experience, Raw Cannabis (every part of it) is the single most nutritional edible plant/vegetable/herb on the planet. I've found nothing even close. The craziest part of it all is that the plant itself is called a drug when it's anything but. The drug/psychoactive aspect only comes in when humans manipulate/alter/change the plant's chemistry. Most humans believe that fresh Cannabis can get a person high, and that the 'high' feeling is the only benefit. It's a crazy world we live in. But luckily forums like this exist where the universal human consciousness can be opened to accept the Cannabis plant as it truly is... a plant that is just now being re-discovered after nearly a hundred years of widespread madness.

Thank you all for sharing/learning. :)

:thanks::high-five::green_heart:

the reason you dont get a euphoric feeling while eating the flower is because THCa is not being heated and turned into THC. im not saying you can smoke a bong bowl of leafs and get a euphoric feeling like you would with dried flowers. But i am saying that right now, with the majority of the plants on the market, you will find more CBD inside the leafs then you will most flowers (from what xbones has found). some illness calls for CBD, some for THC, others for CBG, and so on.

once cannibinoid strains get pumped out on the market full scale then it will be a change in paths.

I&i

Edit :noticed you mentioned the THCa to THC. just reworded a different way for others

I see what you're saying now. When you said this...
2+% cbd and around 1+% thc
I took it as you saying that there was activated THC and CBD. Now I know that you were referring to THCa and CBDa. I always have a mind to differentiate the two mainly because of the reasons I stated above - that most don't know that a difference exists. And I would be naive to make assumptions that someone talking about "THC" and "CBD" are talking about those components in their native acidic state. Now we have understanding, thank you for the clarification. :)

That being said, you are absolutely correct that the raw leaves are generally much higher in CBDa than THCa. Since most people that know about non-psychoactive Raw Cannabis have heard that, most only stick with the leaves. Though with certain strains like Charlotte's Web, Harlequin, ACDC, Cannatonic, etc., the flowers have an extremely high amount of CBDa that cannot possibly be taken from the leaves. Honestly, as with the leaves, the stems also have residual THCa and CBDa from their months of pumping it all through to the flowers. I do know that it is incredibly difficult to process the stems since they are so tough... but simply by chewing on them and not ingesting the pulp, one can essentially use their mouth as a 'natural juicer'. Most wouldn't, but I would. :)

Cheers, I appreciate the conversation :high-five:

im sorry for the misunderstanding. yes i did mean THCa and CBDa but many dont recondnize the difference and i get use to talking on here like i do to my patients. its not that i dont give my patients all the knowledge i possibly can, but to much at one time confuses them specially when you start talking about THC and THCa.

but yes it was extremely wrong of me to do so and im glad you were able to figure this out while i still was not sure where i confused us both at. ;)

one thing i did just think about is their method on testing, there has been alot of controversy about how our labs test in washington state and im wondering do they test with non heated and heated material? or does the test process naturally heat the flower which gives the results as THC instead of THCa.. ill try and contact one of our labs since ive been planning to send off two of my strains to have tested for their cbd and see if they test with heat or no heat or how it works.

I&i

Sure! The flowers have many uses and it makes them more valuable, not only in an economic sense, but also in a medicinal potency sense. You're agreeing with this I think with your question. If I may rephrase, 'Why not make the medicine more potent by juicing flowers?'

There are limited uses for vegetative material. I've used it to make budder, but that's about the only use I've found for this material. Mostly, leaf and stem waste gets composted. I'm excited to have a use for this by-product of growing the flowers.

To the bolded section, juicing raw cannabis is a relatively new method of ingesting this medicine. How do you know the flowers have the most benefit? Based on the little bit of information I can find, people are consuming a lot of juice each day. One of the documentaries talked about juicing less than 10 large leaves a day. That produces very little juice. I'm drinking ~2-4 oz a day. Have you ever had wheatgrass? It is reminiscent of that. To me, it feels like I'm drinking a very concentrated green, like wheatgrass. I'm looking at it as I am drinking supercharged wheatgrass. :)

I know that we're ingesting much more than I hear others' reporting taking. My wife was juicing more along the ~10 leaf amount (I was also trimming stems from below the canopy so we had smaller leaves and stem material so this is somewhat of an estimated conversion to large individual leaves). The first week I was providing a dozen big leaves each morning, so we got to see about how much juice that produced. That's how we are able to compare dosages. Now I will juice up to 16 ounces at a time and store a jar in the fridge.

I've been trying to push myself a little to see if you can drink 'too much'. When my wife had to stop juicing all green for a week, I had to use it up faster, so I'm drinking more in the 6-8 ounce range (including some apple juice ~15%) per day. I doubt there is any upper daily limit, but there may be a single dose limit. Last weekend, I drank ~6 ounces all at once. Only I drink it right now, so I just drank as much as I could from the jar. I guess I'm getting used to it a little. Within a few minutes, I had to sit down. I was never nauseous, but I did feel my stomach tighten a little. I was just light headed/dizzy. This may not happen to others as I have these symptoms fairly often. My wife says it's because I don't eat. I did feel better after eating something. I am able to drink 4-6 ounces just fine all other times. I think the empty stomach, and I had been doing physical work all morning before drinking it. The more I think about it, maybe it was mostly something specific to me. I've had that same sort of 'wave' of feeling come over me drinking other green juices though.

btw, it does NOT taste very good. I add some apples to mine to make it more palatable, and have also added carrot.

For now, I'll continue to use the flowers as I always have, but I'm very happy that I now have a use for the leaves and stems.

FYI, as far as we know my wife does NOT have cancer, but she DOES have multiple tumors/cysts. This is her motivation for medicating with cannabis. It's well documented that THC destroys tumors. CBD's benefits are just starting to be recognized. That's awesome, but I think it's been at the expense of THC. Let's not forget all the great things this other little family of molecules does for us humans. :)

Nice for what I have read you need 25 to 30 leaves for one serving and then that is atleast twice a day if you have it easily available and depends on how big the leaves are..

Also remember with juicing you are not taking in THC or CBD since that is converted with heat or time.. Juicing in the live form gives THCa and CBDa.. since its all so new I have not hear about THCa and CBDa curing tumors or cancer but I would only think that after converting it to THC and it can kill cancer like it does I bet THCa and CBDa would also if not better..

im sorry for the misunderstanding. yes i did mean THCa and CBDa but many dont recondnize the difference and i get use to talking on here like i do to my patients. its not that i dont give my patients all the knowledge i possibly can, but to much at one time confuses them specially when you start talking about THC and THCa.

but yes it was extremely wrong of me to do so and im glad you were able to figure this out while i still was not sure where i confused us both at. ;)

one thing i did just think about is their method on testing, there has been alot of controversy about how our labs test in washington state and im wondering do they test with non heated and heated material? or does the test process naturally heat the flower which gives the results as THC instead of THCa.. ill try and contact one of our labs since ive been planning to send off two of my strains to have tested for their cbd and see if they test with heat or no heat or how it works.

I&i

Haha I was just about to talk about this!!! Now since we had to test so many mothers I sent in testing for only THC and CBD in the veg form to see what one had higher levels.. They take all the moisture out of the sample with heat then test for THC and CBD so that means they converted the THCa and CBDa to THC and CBD in the process.. The next level of testing that is almost double the price covers THCa,CBDa,and a ton of others and since we had some many mothers I just could not afford it.. When I can get some more $ for testing ill be sending in these same stains for THCa,CBDa,CBN,etc etc and see what true levels it has in veg form since I have narrowed it down to these now..

it was extremely wrong of me to do so and im glad you were able to figure this out while i still was not sure where i confused us both at. ;)
Think nothing of it! Not a big deal, we got to where we needed to be in no time. :)

I appreciate you very much just for having talked about the properties of Raw Cannabis. It doesn't happen nearly enough, even on this site.

And thank you also to Xbones for this awesome thread! :)

:high-five::thumb::thanks:

Think nothing of it! Not a big deal, we got to where we needed to be in no time. :)

I appreciate you very much just for having talked about the properties of Raw Cannabis. It doesn't happen nearly enough, even on this site.

And thank you also to Xbones for this awesome thread! :)

:high-five::thumb::thanks:

Thanks! lol I think GF started this thread tho but ill def be around in here for a while with updates!.. Me and Angie will be making a new juicing video this week when I trim up the flowering mothers and juice the trim then store them with ice cubes trays. So when I post it on my journal ill throw it over here too :cheesygrinsmiley:

i wouldnt say this is my thread but i did start it.

i started it to raise awareness and get info from juicers one on one. so i would think of this is a informative thread instead of a personal thread like a journal could be considered.

i had a patient and 2 doctors come into my shop and ask me about juicing, i had nothing to say about juicing but could only talk about tacking RSO. needless to say i was not only ashamed but also disappointed in my self.

i couldnt find any information on the web about juicing cannabis and i wanted to talk with the people out there doing it. so i cant thank you all enough and i myself will be starting this soon.

I&i

Also : i do believe xbones has a thread on the matter as well. if not his journal is something worth subbing to. i have been subbed since day one of his journal.

Apologies, Gfcollective, thank you for starting this thread!!! :oops: And a big thanks to all of the thread's contributors as well (and those who have started/contributed to other Raw Cannabis threads... (and to all others on this site who spread knowledge and positivity, too))!

:goodjob::love::high-five::bravo::thanks::clap::thumb::cheesygrinsmiley::adore::green_heart::nicethread::yummy::thanks::welldone::woohoo:

i wouldnt say this is my thread but i did start it.

i started it to raise awareness and get info from juicers one on one. so i would think of this is a informative thread instead of a personal thread like a journal could be considered.

i had a patient and 2 doctors come into my shop and ask me about juicing, i had nothing to say about juicing but could only talk about tacking RSO. needless to say i was not only ashamed but also disappointed in my self.

i couldnt find any information on the web about juicing cannabis and i wanted to talk with the people out there doing it. so i cant thank you all enough and i myself will be starting this soon.

I&i

Also : i do believe xbones has a thread on the matter as well. if not his journal is something worth subbing to. i have been subbed since day one of his journal.

Ya there is really no new info online about juicing (like from doctors and whatnot) other then personal experiences, and that is what lead me here and since me and Angie is going to be testing and experimenting with juicing for the rest of our lives if I can help it (Ya this thread might be around a while haha) so whats better then letting everyone follow along and learn and also teach us something new too! Best place to keep information is in a easy place for everyone to find so no point in mixing it up in other places or creating a new thread with the same name since Gf all ready has a great one going!

Ya there is really no new info online about juicing (like from doctors and whatnot) other then personal experiences, and that is what lead me here and since me and Angie is going to be testing and experimenting with juicing for the rest of our lives if I can help it (Ya this thread might be around a while haha) so whats better then letting everyone follow along and learn and also teach us something new too! Best place to keep information is in a easy place for everyone to find so no point in mixing it up in other places or creating a new thread with the same name since Gf all ready has a great one going!

fascinating thread, I will be checking out your grow and following your juicing.

I was able to trim up one of the mothers last night so the LED can get down to the lower colas.. We made a juicing video for everyone to enjoy.. Angie shows from leaves to ice cube!

[video=youtube;PmyO2qmxxmU]
[/video]

Nice, thank you so much for sharing!

:high-five::thanks::yummy::welldone::thumb:

Hey everyone! We made a video of a straight shot of cannabis juice to see just how bad tasting it is without anything mixed with it.. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;FOX2FCaaSnY]
[/video]

Courage in full swing.

way to face the camera.

great video you guys, love all the updates!

ive had a few shots of wheatgrass ("when you feel like being sober and vommiting") -grandmas boy ..love that movie.

could only imagine what that tasted like.

I&i

Yeah, I really appreciate your honesty, courage, and initiative to make these videos. You're both setting a very positive example for the Cannabis community as a whole, and I very much enjoyed the new video. Really nice, keep up the great work. :)

I've had wheatgrass before, so I'm sure the taste wouldn't be a shocker to me. I rather like 'earthy' flavors, anyway.

Cheers! :high-five::bravo::thanks::goodjob::green_heart::nicethread::thanks::welldone::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom