Juicing The Plant For Her CBD's

She does that to about everything her taste buds are very sensitive lol as you seen I was about to move it around in my mouth and see how bad it is and its not lol just add some juice to it and fixes it easy

I think my reaction was like Xbones. It doesn't taste bad per se. It did remind me of wheatgrass. I've also found that washing the leaves makes it taste better to me. Without washing, I think I taste en element of a 'dirty' or 'dusty' flavor, but I don't detect it when I wash the leaves and stems. I'm not juicing flowers though. This is just defoliation material we're juicing.

I had not thought of making cubes of the juice. I did try juicing a lot and keeping the juice in the fridge, but I don't think it keeps well for more than a couple days. The smell and color change more than the taste, so I worry I'm losing nutritional value. I did find that the veg matter keeps pretty well in a gallon ziplock inside the fridge. This was fresh washed material, so there was a little water in the bag as well. Storing the leaves like this, they looked fresh as the day they were cut, 5 days later.

I think my reaction was like Xbones. It doesn't taste bad per se. It did remind me of wheatgrass. I've also found that washing the leaves makes it taste better to me. Without washing, I think I taste en element of a 'dirty' or 'dusty' flavor, but I don't detect it when I wash the leaves and stems. I'm not juicing flowers though. This is just defoliation material we're juicing.

I had not thought of making cubes of the juice. I did try juicing a lot and keeping the juice in the fridge, but I don't think it keeps well for more than a couple days. The smell and color change more than the taste, so I worry I'm losing nutritional value. I did find that the veg matter keeps pretty well in a gallon ziplock inside the fridge. This was fresh washed material, so there was a little water in the bag as well. Storing the leaves like this, they looked fresh as the day they were cut, 5 days later.

Yea washing the leaves is always a good practice even in a indoor grow since we juice in the veg form all the time but are thinking about juicing flowering buds soon enough also if I can keep the buds flowing lol.

Making cubes has made it a ton easier on storage and will send some off to testing when I have the funds to make sure they are not going bad over time. Making them into cubes also makes dosing out what you need everyday very easy so far for us. We will have to try the fresh method when we really get going with juicing few glasses a day if we can. Thanks for the tips!

Hello all, been snoopin forum for months.
GF, Platt, XBones & others, I think you're onto something.
And GF, from your earlier post "Flowers of : Sour Tsunami is a tall stretching girl.. (suppose to be 1/18 thc/cbd)"....something like this is what I/we down here in C Or. have GOT to get. Been trying hard for last 3 yr, especially last 2 yr. Last yr I thought I had found hi CBD plants in Colorado, but could never pin it down when available and hit the road. Seems "Hi" CBD is sorta just now getting to be known & thought about out in the NW.

I myself need something for for my problems. Another story, but Drs here have sent me to OHSU several times since early July, but can't pin down things.....telling me that I'm a "Mystery???, but we're gonn'a find out!!" 2 more trips to OHSU scheduled, then Mayo in Mn. if they can't find something in Or.

My wife, couple friends, & myself been "Juicing" for a few weeks. Not super men yet, but....
From a tip from this Forum we're trying to freeze cubes today & tomorrow. Not many leaves left from our GH setup, & don't trust leaves from other folks we know round here....(they say they're clean, but I know for a fact some nasty stuff been "squirted" on their plants earlier in season. LOL)

In summery, I/we need to pin down clones, seeds, something in higher CBD stuff. We got plenty of great stuff higher in everything else, great harvest this yr.

Anyway, got to run. BTW, GREAT site. Keep up the good work!!!!
tm

Sorry to burst in. But I will sub in if I can.

I saw a youtube video showing a person juicing male plants. He "said" that male plants do have CBDs and other Cannabinoids but no THC. I am thinking about juicing or making oil from male plants for my wife's arthritis. She is routinely tested for THC and from what I have heard, males don't have THC. My wife needs some CBD help for her hands. Has anyone tried using male plants for juicing or oil? Oil will be mixed with grapeseed oil or Emu oil so she can use it topically. Am I farting in the wind? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

WJ

Sorry to burst in. But I will sub in if I can.

I saw a youtube video showing a person juicing male plants. He "said" that male plants do have CBDs and other Cannabinoids but no THC. I am thinking about juicing or making oil from male plants for my wife's arthritis. She is routinely tested for THC and from what I have heard, males don't have THC. My wife needs some CBD help for her hands. Has anyone tried using male plants for juicing or oil? Oil will be mixed with grapeseed oil or Emu oil so she can use it topically. Am I farting in the wind? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

WJ

Lol that sounds like the video I made. Males do have THCa and CBDa in them depending on the strain and no matter what you will get THCa in your system if your juicing even from the 1:30 ratio strains since there are small amounts of THCa that will build up in your system if you're taking it daily. This is the same way with oil that is heated and converted from THCa CBDa to THC CBD. You can still fail a drug test with oil I have confirmed that one and maybe even with juicing I would think with THCa if that shows up on drug tests but have not confirmed that one tho.

Even with topically it will build up in your system and thats great and what you want for health but with drug testing the only way around that is to use the clean pee kits to pass the drug test but thats if you know ahead of time for testing.

i have not yet, but i can tell you that in my veg room right now i for sure have a few males and when i discover which ones are i will turn them into juice.

about males not having THCa, that is somewhat true. they dont have as much and dont produce the resin glands (tricomes) but there is still THCa inside the plant.

As xbones has discovered with testing his leaves is that even leaves have a small amount of THCa. now that leaf was from a female plant, however this is just a point showing that even with no tricomes there can be THCa present.

the only cannabis plant im aware of that has very minimal amount of THCa is the Hemp plant. Which from what ive heard you would have to smoke a lb to feel a buzz and would achieve a headache much before taking in that lb.

none of this is fact, i would like to see a male plant tested to see the amounts found inside however.. if i have the funds in place at the time i will do so.

I&i

You can still fail a drug test with oil I have confirmed that one

We replied a minute apart ha.

this part made me laugh pretty good, one of those "you can laugh later situations"

ive been there myself. but not from juicing ;)

I&i

We replied a minute apart ha.

this part made me laugh pretty good, one of those "you can laugh later situations"

ive been there myself. but not from juicing ;)

I&i

Haha wow 1 min. lol ya im glad it was a controlled test from a friend that was taking a CBD oil with less than 1%THC in it and had never used cannabis in her life and tested herself more than a few times to make sure and since she had been taking it for months it had built up in her system to where she failed a drug test even tho she never was getting head changes from it since it was pure CBD with just the little bit of THC in it.

Eh i'm so stressed about getting a job tho with all this drug testing bs. So stupid to have to worry about failing a drug test for something that i'm eating as a vegetable but good luck trying to explain that to big businesses that might mean i'm healthier and stronger to work harder for their businesses thats just crazy talk! lol

Hello all, been snoopin forum for months.
GF, Platt, XBones & others, I think you're onto something.
And GF, from your earlier post "Flowers of : Sour Tsunami is a tall stretching girl.. (suppose to be 1/18 thc/cbd)"....something like this is what I/we down here in C Or. have GOT to get. Been trying hard for last 3 yr, especially last 2 yr. Last yr I thought I had found hi CBD plants in Colorado, but could never pin it down when available and hit the road. Seems "Hi" CBD is sorta just now getting to be known & thought about out in the NW.

I myself need something for for my problems. Another story, but Drs here have sent me to OHSU several times since early July, but can't pin down things.....telling me that I'm a "Mystery???, but we're gonn'a find out!!" 2 more trips to OHSU scheduled, then Mayo in Mn. if they can't find something in Or.

My wife, couple friends, & myself been "Juicing" for a few weeks. Not super men yet, but....
From a tip from this Forum we're trying to freeze cubes today & tomorrow. Not many leaves left from our GH setup, & don't trust leaves from other folks we know round here....(they say they're clean, but I know for a fact some nasty stuff been "squirted" on their plants earlier in season. LOL)

In summery, I/we need to pin down clones, seeds, something in higher CBD stuff. We got plenty of great stuff higher in everything else, great harvest this yr.

Anyway, got to run. BTW, GREAT site. Keep up the good work!!!!
tm

Heck ya so glad you are trying the cubes I hope it worked good for you guys! Well I don't know where you live but if you're lucky enough to live in california and are a card holder sohum-seeds that link is where you can get the strain I grow called Harle-Tsu and they claim testing on this generation is showing almost 100% chance of being CBD rich compared to 75% when I got them 2 years ago. I cant wait to get their Canna-Tsu too when I get some extra cash!

i just picked up some CBD gsc so going to see how this one turns out. ive heard nothing about it, but ive became a lover of harlequin (taste and smell as well as effect) and i love my gsc, so i figured a cbd rich gsc has to be a good one for me. fiance wont like it as it will be high in thc as well which is what im looking for, a 50/50 like harlequin but more variety i love.

my sour tsunami is being made into cannabis oil for a stage 4 patient of mine. he had the connection on some shine so now that i just got a gallon of shine im ready to make the cannabis oil for him. just in time as the sour tsunami has just finished drying, total of 6 oz exactly off a 2 month vegged plant, just 2 oz short of what i was hoping for to make the medicine. so ill dip into my harlequin that i harvested just before to complete his oil.

will try and post pictures here, been busy and cant see the light.

I&i

i just picked up some CBD gsc so going to see how this one turns out. ive heard nothing about it, but ive became a lover of harlequin (taste and smell as well as effect) and i love my gsc, so i figured a cbd rich gsc has to be a good one for me. fiance wont like it as it will be high in thc as well which is what im looking for, a 50/50 like harlequin but more variety i love.

my sour tsunami is being made into cannabis oil for a stage 4 patient of mine. he had the connection on some shine so now that i just got a gallon of shine im ready to make the cannabis oil for him. just in time as the sour tsunami has just finished drying, total of 6 oz exactly off a 2 month vegged plant, just 2 oz short of what i was hoping for to make the medicine. so ill dip into my harlequin that i harvested just before to complete his oil.

will try and post pictures here, been busy and cant see the light.

I&i

Awsome! I cant wait to make some bubble hash with our flowered plants and oil in the future when I learn how by doing it. So you cure your bud before making it into oil. Could you not make oil from fresh frozen or would too much plant material get into it or something?

ive recently heard about people extracting frozen product, and their points make plenty sense. ive just grown up knowing how to handle dry material and prefer to stick with my roots. Also, i know people following my journal wanted to see what my plants yielded as well as knowledge for myself for future grows. im one of those guys that likes to pin point everything.

the grow didnt start out for anyone other then my fiance and i. about 3 months into the plants life, 1 month into flower is when my mind was changed. i had a patient come in and first words out of his mouth "i dont smoke this shit" could easily tell he was not a herb friendly person, turns out hes a logger that loves his booze. we talked for about a hour and i could easily tell he was out of place and was uncomftorable but was convinced in what he was hearing. he took my advice (since i had no cannabis oil at the time) and went to the recommended shop and found some oil that was "made" with a CBD strain.

he came back 3 days later and said he was taking a grain of rice sized and tacking like i instructed but he was not able to function "was high" for 8 hrs he said.

i told him it sounded like the oil he got was a strong indica oil if not, strong indica mixed oil. At this moment i decided to mention my Sour Tsunami and her Rumored CBD levels compared to THC.

he was glad to hear about it, but i told him it was still a month out. i also told him that the stronger the alcohol is, the more medicine that will be stripped from the plant in whole. That the strongest alcohol i was aware of in our state was everclear at 151. He was fast to say he can get me the best shine around these parts, and i told him if its true and stronger then 150 itll be worth it to get. He just recently brought a gallon to me and im now able to make it.

I will have both the flower tested before, and the oil tested after.

i do wish i was growing more sour tsunami at the time so i could have froze one plant and dried the other. im almost positive that the freshly chopped and frozen one would hold more cannabinoids in total then dried out. \

I&i

ive recently heard about people extracting frozen product, and their points make plenty sense. ive just grown up knowing how to handle dry material and prefer to stick with my roots. Also, i know people following my journal wanted to see what my plants yielded as well as knowledge for myself for future grows. im one of those guys that likes to pin point everything.

the grow didnt start out for anyone other then my fiance and i. about 3 months into the plants life, 1 month into flower is when my mind was changed. i had a patient come in and first words out of his mouth "i dont smoke this shit" could easily tell he was not a herb friendly person, turns out hes a logger that loves his booze. we talked for about a hour and i could easily tell he was out of place and was uncomftorable but was convinced in what he was hearing. he took my advice (since i had no cannabis oil at the time) and went to the recommended shop and found some oil that was "made" with a CBD strain.

he came back 3 days later and said he was taking a grain of rice sized and tacking like i instructed but he was not able to function "was high" for 8 hrs he said.

i told him it sounded like the oil he got was a strong indica oil if not, strong indica mixed oil. At this moment i decided to mention my Sour Tsunami and her Rumored CBD levels compared to THC.

he was glad to hear about it, but i told him it was still a month out. i also told him that the stronger the alcohol is, the more medicine that will be stripped from the plant in whole. That the strongest alcohol i was aware of in our state was everclear at 151. He was fast to say he can get me the best shine around these parts, and i told him if its true and stronger then 150 itll be worth it to get. He just recently brought a gallon to me and im now able to make it.

I will have both the flower tested before, and the oil tested after.

i do wish i was growing more sour tsunami at the time so i could have froze one plant and dried the other. im almost positive that the freshly chopped and frozen one would hold more cannabinoids in total then dried out. \

I&i

Heck ya! Im so glad that worked so perfect for him and you're able to help him out so well. I cant wait for your testing results! Well I was asking to make sure you could do it fresh frozen since since I figured it should work good but wanted to ask. I cant wait to start doing that type of stuff and try out fresh frozen since I will not be curing any flowering plants for myself but making them into full melt bubble hash and oil when i get my vacuum chamber in the future. I might cure some for Angie now I think of it since she still likes smoking flowers but I myself have retired from flower smoking and only do concentrates now for that type of medicating.

I saw something yesterday saying the best oil comes from fresh cut and frozen flowers, cut em and freeze them right off the plant. The second best was to freeze after a 5-7 day cure and then use.

I saw something yesterday saying the best oil comes from fresh cut and frozen flowers, cut em and freeze them right off the plant. The second best was to freeze after a 5-7 day cure and then use.

Ah cool ya thats the best way for bubble hash i know of and glad its the same for making oils since that will save tons of time and space for curing.

Making oil with material that is not completely dry takes longer. So I would think fresh frozen would, at the minimum, take longer. I have never heard of anyone making oil with fresh frozen. A long odorous drying time and curing time causes problems for most oil makers.

WJ

Back
Top Bottom