JWoop's First Ever Grow: First Time Autoflowers & Coco 2019!

If your plants are happy and healthy, then why change anything. Cannabis is a class C plant. That means it doesnt need a daily rest to grow. You can save around 20% on your energy if you use 18/6, what ive read. As far as when, totally up to you. Most try to time light out for hottest part of day, or when enegy demads are highest.

Well power isn't really an issue, saving $20 a month doesn't worry me, what would YOU recommend? I could just as easily go with 24/0 if it's the better schedule? It's coming into the end of summer here so the temps are generally starting to cool down anyway, few days in the high 20's - low 30°c but few and far between now, generally sit around 20°c.

I like to use these as they allow a lot better drainage and air flow to the bottom of the pots for the roots to breath and pot isn't constantly sitting in moisture they are called elevators on Amazon .$5.00 they come in different sizes , depending on the size of pot you are using

I like to use these as they allow a lot better drainage and air flow to the bottom of the pots for the roots to breath and pot isn't constantly sitting in moisture they are called elevators on Amazon .$5.00 they come in different sizes , depending on the size of pot you are using

I've been looking at something along those lines but everything is either super expensive for a cheap bit of plastic or unavailable (can't use Amazon, wrong side of the world haha), but as Agemon said I can probably find something around (old pavers, bricks, old oven racks etc) that will suffice for now.

I keep at 24 unless im flowering. Autos dont care so more light for them.

I like those risers, i just use stuff ive got laying around, great idea.

Yeah I think I might do the same, keep at 24 for veg and when I change to flower might tone it down a little, I have a feeling this light is going to be hot and I'll have to dial it in anyway.

Will post pics later on today.

Dont forget an exhaust system, the hotter your space yhe bigger the unit to move more cfm. My tents have 8” Max opening. Im using 6” exhaust fans. Dialed for today. Do intake as well as exhaust, just like your home ac system. If in the same room try to make opposite sides if possible. Will help alot with heat too.

Dont forget an exhaust system, the hotter your space yhe bigger the unit to move more cfm. My tents have 8” Max opening. Im using 6” exhaust fans. Dialed for today. Do intake as well as exhaust, just like your home ac system. If in the same room try to make opposite sides if possible. Will help alot with heat too.

Yeah I've got a 6" exhaust attached to a carbon filter I've got running, hopefully when the light heatsinks are a little higher and closer to the filter it'll be cooler, won't know till I do it I suppose haha! The intake is something I wanted to try and avoid but if it's necessary, I might have to, just waiting to see how temps are during flower, I can manage them now. The exhaust does vent into the room, it gets a little steamy in there which is fine for now during seedling/veg , but I do have 2 small electric dehumidifiers for if it gets to be too much later on.

Guess i forgot to mention that, sorry. I get high sometimes and forget whats goin on...

The story of my life dude hahahaha!

The heat sinks should help. Cold air in always helps. I ran a duct from the intake to the biggest fan in tent. The fan spreads it out.

Yeah I'm hoping once the light is raised it'll be closer to the filter/exhaust, as you can see here, but I'll just have to wait and see, it's sitting around 28" away from the plants atm.

Got a cheap fan set up in there blowing air over the ladies, will do for now, I have a pedestal fan I can chuck in there too once they're a little taller.

And a pic of one of the ladies, one of the Northern Lights Blue Autos.

As an added extra, a picture of the crappy PGR weed we get locally, and a main reason I'm growing! Headache inducing shit!

Set Up Is Tight !Waz the round deal things with the metal rods sticking up?

The center light is 4 COB Led's from Timber. I think you're talking about the heat sinks. I need to go get some more ducting and redo it, but the heat sink is touching the cold air intake so metal to foil, no biggee. The heat sinks stay pretty cool as well. Two of these in 2x4x5 tent would be perfect!

The center light is 4 COB Led's from Timber. I think you're talking about the heat sinks. I need to go get some more ducting and redo it, but the heat sink is touching the cold air intake so metal to foil, no biggee. The heat sinks stay pretty cool as well. Two of these in 2x4x5 tent would be perfect!

Looks like a pretty sweet rig man!

The girls are going to get their first nutes tonight! Mixed 2mg of Micro, 2mg of Grow, 1mg of Bloom and 5mg of Cal Mag to a gallon of water and they'll get fed tonight before I go to bed, here's hoping to them responding well! The light is 26" above the seedling tops, it might be a bit low so I might raise it up to 30" or so just to avoid burning them. Because they're not big enough to fill the whole pot yet, should I worry about watering to rinse off or no? Common sense suggests no but I thought I'd ask anyway haha. Waiting for the pot stands to arrive too (I managed to find some cheap rubber ones on ebay), I moved the Blu Glu's so they're next to each other and there was a bit of moisture hanging around under the pot, want to deal with that before the heavier feedings set in.

Apart from that they're all just doing their thing, wish they would hurry up already, can't stop checking to see if they've grown haha!

Here's the biggest plant so far, one of the Northern Lights

The Glu Scout Cookies

And the Blu Glu

And a family shot

Are those pie tins? Nice! My seedlings take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to really hit their stride. I keep a lot of air moving in my tents though.

The rule with coco is to never let it dry out. I feed from drain to waste and wet coco is better than dry. I've got an Ultra Lemon Haze that is 1 week today. It's a tiny plant and I think the first set of 3's is just starting today. I give it one cup in a circle about 2"s away and then another circle further out, 1 cup all so. Twice a day and my tent stays between 70-80 most of the time.

Keeping the coco moist is important. My two larger plants in coco are doing great and it seems like whatever goes into the coco just drains out. That being said they've definitely grown and are healthy.

Are those pie tins? Nice! My seedlings take anywhere from 2-3 weeks to really hit their stride. I keep a lot of air moving in my tents though.

The rule with coco is to never let it dry out. I feed from drain to waste and wet coco is better than dry. I've got an Ultra Lemon Haze that is 1 week today. It's a tiny plant and I think the first set of 3's is just starting today. I give it one cup in a circle about 2"s away and then another circle further out, 1 cup all so. Twice a day and my tent stays between 70-80 most of the time.

Keeping the coco moist is important. My two larger plants in coco are doing great and it seems like whatever goes into the coco just drains out. That being said they've definitely grown and are healthy.

Haha close enough, they are actually plant trays but they do look like pie tins! Nobody here makes them though, pretty much only buy pies haha. I do have a fan moving air around the plants, they're starting to show their second sets of leaves so there's progress!

I keep the coco moist around the plant, not so much the far edges which do look a little dry (only on the top though, further down seems moist), and yeah I usually feed somewhere close to two cups twice a day. I fed them nutrients for the first time this morning, which seemed to perk them up, definitely some activity the last day or two so hopefully the nutes start hurrying them along haha!

You are doing well J.
Agree with Age
Don’t let the coco dry out
If you get a dry spot at the roots the plant will die
Coco is the closest thing to hydro so keep it moist.

Thanks homeboy! Just hoping I don't kill them before this is all said and through haha! And I'm trying my best to keep it moist without drenching it haha, I need a hotline you I can call to answer all my noob questions I have and think up every 30 seconds haha!

Some pics of the babies in order - Blu Glu 1 & 2, Glu Scout Cookies, Power Punch and the NL 1 & 2

Joirnals are grest for ?’s. 24 hours for a decision is gold standard with cannabis. Unless youre doing DWC, prolly nothin that urgent. If plants are happy no change.

Well I just fed again, will update with progress again tomorrow!

Things are looking much more lively now since the nutes have started! The leaves have really started broadening, and new leaves are popping up. Keeping the temps sitting nicely around 77°f and humidity sitting around 70%. Got a few rubber blocks off ebay to put under the pots to raise them so they're not sitting directly onto the trays, will put them in tomorrow and update again!

Back
Top Bottom