JWoop's First Ever Grow: First Time Autoflowers & Coco 2019!

Just had a look, there IS lots of good info, thanks for the tip! I do have an exhaust fan, I'm just not currently using it seeing as the temps are ok and the humidity should be ok until later on in veg, do you recommend running it anyway?

Its really up to you and the rnvironment you’re growing in. Im not using mine right now, but ehen flower hits for the Photo girls i’ll be filtering for scent.

Update: The 6th seed (the last Blu Glu) got her tap root! So in the coco she went, super stoked! I also have SIGNS OF LIFE! The first Blu Glu that went in has now sprouted and I'm now the proud father of a little baby! Will post pics in a little bit! Super happy with how it's all going so far!

Got another little baby! The Glu Scout Cookies that went in 2nd behind the first Blu Glu has appeared! Both looking good, going to wait until the other girls show their heads before putting the fan in, might blow the el cheapo humidity cups away haha!

Temps are looking good, sitting around 76-77°f most of the time, humidity sitting around 80%, giving them little sips of water both in the morning early before work and in the evenings, only a few tablespoons. Finally nabbed some PH test kit from work and cheched out my tap water (around 7.2!) so luckily I was using filtered water I bought from the supermarket, even though it still was sitting around 6.4-6.5ish. Chucked 2 litres in a watering can, PH'd it to 5.9-6.0 so I'm happy with that till my pen arrives. Here's a few pics of the goings on (sorry about the shitty quality pics, late at night and I cbf moving around too much right now haha), feeling fantastic about it all at the moment, thanks to all those who have commented and contributed!

Congratulations!!!! I just popped another one too! I got an Ultra Lemon Haze Auto, 3 days today. Steady as she goes, and remember to water just a little bit away from the seedling to promote root structure.

I grew out some of the CBD Therapy from CBD Crew via Seedsman. Amazing plant really easy to grow and it's 20% cbd! It was the first plant I grew that nice uniform Colas.

She's on the front left of this picture.

When I look at this picture I think, "I could have grown them so much bigger!"

Hello little one!! Always nice when they make an entrance. Things are looking good in here. Happy growing!

Sure is, made me happy as Larry! My worst fear was killing them before I had even started haha! The 2x Northern Lights also made an entrance today, only the Power Punch and the second Blu Glu to appear! Will update with photos a little later on this evening!

You better be ready if the NL is anything like mine, once they get legs it's on to the races! I've got 3 photo's going right now and two of them are fast movers. I go crazy on LST, hope you don't mind me sharing a pic here and there. She's got 11 tops. I'm prolly gonna flip next week, I'm anticipating the stretch is gonna catch me off guard, we shall see!

You better be ready if the NL is anything like mine, once they get legs it's on to the races! I've got 3 photo's going right now and two of them are fast movers. I go crazy on LST, hope you don't mind me sharing a pic here and there. She's got 11 tops. I'm prolly gonna flip next week, I'm anticipating the stretch is gonna catch me off guard, we shall see!

I hope it DOES turn out like that sexy lady you've got there, she looks stunning!

Yeah I'm planning to try a bit of LST, going to try and fill out as much of the space as I can since topping seems to be unfavourable with autos!

Of course not, I encourage you (and any others!) to share your photos, all a part of helping me learn!

Well mine aren't Autos but I have this Kush Auto I'm growin, and I have a new Ultra Lemon Haze Auto too. The Kush was a freebie from Seedsman and she's stout. I've been tucking and pinching leaves ever so gently and specifically. I've heard from a couple of people that taking a leaf or two per day can help the veg and get more light to those future bud sites. I didn't start to take leaves from her until yesterday middle of week . Birthday was January 25. About a week and half to go in veg maybe longer.

Well mine aren't Autos but I have this Kush Auto I'm growin, and I have a new Ultra Lemon Haze Auto too. The Kush was a freebie from Seedsman and she's stout. I've been tucking and pinching leaves ever so gently and specifically. I've heard from a couple of people that taking a leaf or two per day can help the veg and get more light to those future bud sites. I didn't start to take leaves from her until yesterday middle of week . Birthday was January 25. About a week and half to go in veg maybe longer.

She does look stout! I definately plan on doing SOME kind of defol, I'm thinking it might get a little crowded and air restricted if I don't haha! She's beautiful though!

The last Blu Glu and the Power Punch reared their ugly heads this morning, so all 6 have revealed themselves, feeling pretty optimistic right now I must admit. Temps are good sitting on 76°f-ish most of the time with the Veg and Seedling switches on full power around 30" away from the seedlings atm, humidity sitting between 70 and 80%.

I turned on the exhaust last night, thought their might be a bit TOO much moisture in there, was feeling pretty wet. Going to fill up another 1/2 gallon or so of filtered water PH'd to around 6.0 and when that runs out, the nutes will begin.

Here's the temps and humidity, sitting pretty nicely, that's the Glu Scout Cookie you can see here.

The biggest seedling so far, the first Blu Glu that went in.

All the humidity cups are off the plants now with the appearance of the last 2, so this arvo the fans will go in and start strengthening those main stems up! Feeling really good right now! :D

Now is when you plan your next step and just watch them. Don't over water. When you do give water, a small circle around the seedling to help with root growth. The growth chart on GWE is 1 tsp CalMag per gallon for the first week. I did just that and I'm happy with what's going on 2-3 weeks later. I water twice a day, and feel the coco before I water. Drain the run off and keep an eye on my tent temps.

Did you print out that schedule? I've been really happy with it for my kush.

Now is when you plan your next step and just watch them. Don't over water. When you do give water, a small circle around the seedling to help with root growth. The growth chart on GWE is 1 tsp CalMag per gallon for the first week. I did just that and I'm happy with what's going on 2-3 weeks later. I water twice a day, and feel the coco before I water. Drain the run off and keep an eye on my tent temps.

Did you print out that schedule? I've been really happy with it for my kush.

I'm watering twice a day, a few tablespoons in a circle a few inches around the plant. Not watering enough now to get run off I'll be sure to drain it when I do, seen some horror stories where people have left it in the tent... Yeah I've got a copy of the schedule, I'll be following it from Week 1, which will be tomorrow/day after with 1/8 nutes.

Looking good JWoop. Sorry to hear about the health issues all you can do is focus on being positive man & be supportive for partner. I found for myself "growing" to be extremely therapeutic for my own health issues. I'll sit in for this grow & offer what i can for advice. I am a Noob too, starting in Co Co so I can offer to share my mistakes so you can avoid the same. (I think my girls are stunted) b/c Mistake #1; I didn't have all my grow gear before starting...I'm on day 55 now, starting week 4 of flower & things are getting exciting...

Attachments

• 20190215_172449.jpg
    20190215_172449.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 65
Looking good JWoop. Sorry to hear about the health issues all you can do is focus on being positive man & be supportive for partner. I found for myself "growing" to be extremely therapeutic for my own health issues. I'll sit in for this grow & offer what i can for advice. I am a Noob too, starting in Co Co so I can offer to share my mistakes so you can avoid the same. (I think my girls are stunted) b/c Mistake #1; I didn't have all my grow gear before starting...I'm on day 55 now, starting week 4 of flower & things are getting exciting...

Thanks mate, all the support and kindness is very much appreciated! Therapeutic AND fun, I'm loving it so far, waking up in the mornings to find out what progress they've made haha! I'd love you to sit in, some nice buds you've got going on there!

All things looking good this morning, temps and humidity sitting nicely. I've had the lights on 24/0 at the moment but I plan on switching to 18/6 eventually, when roughly is the recommended time to make the schedule switch? Continued with just PH'd filtered water today, hoping my PH pen arrives tomorrow and THEN I'll most likely start nutes when I can accurately measure etc. Hope everyones weekend has been smashing!

Same plant under true and grow light!

If your plants are happy and healthy, then why change anything. Cannabis is a class C plant. That means it doesnt need a daily rest to grow. You can save around 20% on your energy if you use 18/6, what ive read. As far as when, totally up to you. Most try to time light out for hottest part of day, or when enegy demads are highest.

Back
Top Bottom