JWoop's First Ever Grow: First Time Autoflowers & Coco 2019!

JWoop

Welcome one and all!

As the title may suggest, this is my first time attempting to grow! Many factors led to my decision to try and grow a few plants, primarily the cost of the buds around here (getting mostly crap for around $300 an ounce, I live in a smallish country town) and the reliability of the people who sell the aforementioned crap. The second being my girlfriend and her health. She was diagnosed with stage three ovarian cancer in October of 2017 at the age of 22, and underwent major surgery in December of that same year to remove a 600 gram tumour, as well as other complications/surgeries along the way, followed by chemotherapy, only to be told last year that was in fact back, and still growing slowly... Medications are of course a given, endone, tramadol etc, but the most effective pain relief she finds is smoking pot, almost entirely eliminating the need for harder stuff, a much better option I'm sure most of you could agree. So here we are! We're constantly buying shitloads of pot (we smoke min 1-2 ounces a fortnight) and since only I can work, damn it's getting expensive for the crap quality pot!

Expect tons of noob questions, mistakes etc, so constructive criticism is entirely welcomed, every bit of help is appreciated!

What strain is it?

I'm going to try and run 4 different strains, 2x Northern Lights Blue Feminised Autoflowers, 1x Northern Lite Blue-Glue Feminised Autoflower, 2x Glu Scout Cookies Feminised Autoflower and 1x Power Punch Feminised Autoflower, all by S.A.G seeds and purchased from Caveman Seeds. They have all currently been sitting in water for about an hour.

Indoor or outdoor?

I'm going to attempt to grow indoor, in a 4x4 grow tent kept in the spare bedroom of our house. We have our own place in which we don't have to worry about real estates etc knocking on our door, mainly just snoopy neighbours and family members we need to keep away, and we don't plan on "getting commercial" with it, so we won't have to worry about millions of people coming by either.

Soil or Hydro?

I purchased a 5kg block of pre-buffered coco coir which this morning I rehydrated, and am currently pre-buffering with a cal-mag solution even though it says buffered on the package, and I plan on rinsing with tap water this evening when the soak is finished, and plan on running 6 x 5 gallon fabric pots. This will be mixed with 30% perlite after the soak.

Size of light?

I purchased a QBL 6 690w COB LED (draws max 450w from the wall) for the 4x4 space, I didn't want to go cheap, I didn't want to go super expensive, and QBL lights offered afterpay, which suited my needs perfectly. If someone could check this light out and let me know whether or not I made a huge mistake would be appreciated haha! Got these set up with a 6" fan and exhaust system attached to a carbon filter, all which exhausts into the room the tent is in.

Temp of Room/cab?

I've literally only just turned the light on for the first time about an hour ago, and on the seedling setting at full power so far it's sitting at about 73°f with the exhaust turned off.

RH of Room/cab?

Sitting around 60% with the light turned on over an hour, will check and update as needed.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Using the General Hydroponics Flora, Micro and Bloom, as well as CalMag, want to try and keep it simple for my first grow.

So yeah, as fresh a grow (and grower) as you could ask for! If you think I've forgotten anything, or have any helpful advice, drop in and say hey!

Cheers guys!

It looks like a great set up,I can’t comment on the lights as I run T5 for veg and hps for flower . Good you got some proper nutes and the rest of the set up looks great. The coco is nice as you don’t have to worry too much about overwatering. Watch your PH though I’ve had lots of issues from that and stick to the nute feed guidelines and schedule. Best of luck to you and your girlfriend. looking forward to the updates.

It looks like a great set up,I can’t comment on the lights as I run T5 for veg and hps for flower . Good you got some proper nutes and the rest of the set up looks great. The coco is nice as you don’t have to worry too much about overwatering. Watch your PH though I’ve had lots of issues from that and stick to the nute feed guidelines and schedule. Best of luck to you and your girlfriend. looking forward to the updates.

Thanks a bunch, look forward to having you around!

Should probably throw in a pic of everything in the tent aswell (except the pots as they're still a few hours in the soak!)

What up JWoop!?!? Sorry to hear about your wife, i couldnt get thru without mine and if that #FUCKCANCER touched either of my daughters id be a mess. Stay Strong! :Namaste:

Autos in coco with Perlite. Im doin the same with the same nutes pkg too. Im new to Autos, im just finishing my second and got a 3rd at 2.5 weeks. Welcome to 420 Mag, lotsa cool peeps and great sponsors too. We are all here to help!

Not sure bout that light but if your plants like it thats all that matters. Check the manufacturer specs for distance from seedlings / plants. You’re on to a great start!

Great looking set up. The light looks awesome. I’m sorry to hear about the reason behind starting to grow, but you’ll be glad you did. It’s a fun journey and the reward is beautiful. I’ll hang around for the show if you don’t mind. Happy growing!

Welcome to 420 J
We’re here to support you
I’ll sub in and watch this grow
Looks like you have a great start with your set up

Thank you friend, the love and support means alot! Thanks for hanging around!

What up JWoop!?!? Sorry to hear about your wife, i couldnt get thru without mine and if that #FUCKCANCER touched either of my daughters id be a mess. Stay Strong! :Namaste:

Autos in coco with Perlite. Im doin the same with the same nutes pkg too. Im new to Autos, im just finishing my second and got a 3rd at 2.5 weeks. Welcome to 420 Mag, lotsa cool peeps and great sponsors too. We are all here to help!

Not sure bout that light but if your plants like it thats all that matters. Check the manufacturer specs for distance from seedlings / plants. You’re on to a great start!

Wassup my man! Yeah it's been pretty shit, but we gotta be hopeful and positive, she's been wanting to try CBD oil for a while, we've heard it can work wonders so we are looking forward to giving that a crack later on! And thank you for the welcome, made a noob feel right at home!

Great looking set up. The light looks awesome. I’m sorry to hear about the reason behind starting to grow, but you’ll be glad you did. It’s a fun journey and the reward is beautiful. I’ll hang around for the show if you don’t mind. Happy growing!

Thank you! Not sure if it's overkill or whatnot yet but I guess I'll be finding out soon enough! And thank you, I'm sure she'll be happy to have more bud than what to do with and my wallet will be alot hapier haha! Please do hang around, I'll be needing all the help I can get, thanks for your support!

After 24 hours sitting in water I've just now taken the seeds out and placed them in damp paper towel and then in sandwich bags, then placed them in a dark warm place near the tent, hurry up and germinate already!

When you’re ready. CBD THERAPY is good. Ive heard good things about Candida too.

I've never tried a CBD strain in general, so any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Nice set up,I'm looking at led to replace my hps.
Looks like we have same size tent , i'm going to be trying my first plant in coco.
Doing it on the side.
I'm pulling up a chair sending out good vibes:Namaste:

Originally I was going to run HPS, but it seems so outdated and power hungry now, people seem to be fancying LED's alot more than they did a few years ago that's for sure! Do you have a journal going? Would be interested in following YOUR grow aswell, might be able to bounce info off of each other! Thanks for the well wishes :)

Just came home on my lunch break, one of the Blu-Glu and the Glu Scout Cookie seeds had tap roots, so in the pots with a dash of water and a humidity dome (plastic cup lol) they go! Anxiuously awaiting the others to sprout!

Sorry, ANOTHER ONE! I've just given a dash of tap water to the seeds as they've gone into the coco, when does everyone recommend I start nutes? Seems to be quite the variation, some say ASAP, others say wait a week or so?

Nothing wrong with turning on both switches. Wait at least one week for nutes then do your thing. I personally wait 2 weeks before adding nutes to plain water. Thats my personal opinion. Happy growing!

Awesome, thank you, if I need a little extra heat in there, I'll whack on the veg switch too! Yeah I was thinking 1-2 weeks before nutes, what PH do you go by? I just checked my tap water, it's well over 7, and even filtered water is around 6.5 (can't check exactly, waiting for a PH pen to arrive!), from what I've seen you should water around 6.0, is that correct?

Back
Top Bottom