KBLS First Ever Indoor Grow Feat - White Widow & Purple Bud In A ScrOG 140W LED

Hey KBLS. I was away for a while and am just catching up with all my journals now. If your plants are getting obvious rusty splotches I'd start giving them cal mag, at 5 ml per gallon. But first and foremost your ph should be under control. All water and water mixed with whatever, should be adjusted to the 6.5 - 7 range.

Hey KBLS. I was away for a while and am just catching up with all my journals now. If your plants are getting obvious rusty splotches I'd start giving them cal mag, at 5 ml per gallon. But first and foremost your ph should be under control. All water and water mixed with whatever, should be adjusted to the 6.5 - 7 range.

Thanks Weaselcracker. It's all about members like you who actually do care about noobs like myself. + Reps
I actually added cal mag in my first feeding and I also just topped them. Let's see how it goes.

Hey K Thanks. I'm very happy to help you. Not that I have all the answers :)
I do know this though- out of all the mistakes I've made and problems I have had, PH had been absolutely the number one biggest problem for me over the years. I'm not growing in soil though. Soil has good buffering qualities and if you have a decent soil it should be capable of balancing out the PH of whatever is poured in the pot. But I think having a decent ph meter and knowing what you're putting into the soil is still very important.

DAY 18 from Seed

Things are going smooth. The plants seem to love the nutrients I gave them. I topped all 4 of them 2 days ago and I can already see new growth. One of the mistakes I did was not to let them stretch for a bit when they were seedlings and now I have one of the fan leaves of the 1st White Widow touching the soil. I hope it won't cause any problems.

DAY1810.jpg

Hey K Thanks. I'm very happy to help you. Not that I have all the answers :)
I do know this though- out of all the mistakes I've made and problems I have had, PH had been absolutely the number one biggest problem for me over the years. I'm not growing in soil though. Soil has good buffering qualities and if you have a decent soil it should be capable of balancing out the PH of whatever is poured in the pot. But I think having a decent ph meter and knowing what you're putting into the soil is still very important.

Sometimes I gave them tap water which was checked with a rather el cheapo Ph meter I have and sometimes they got just distilled water. for the last watering i relied on the "PH Perfect" technology by AN, but next time I will thoroughly check the water and the runoff too. :)

First 2-3 weeks dont give nutes, good seedling soil provieds enough and give rainwater ;)

Also you dont need that mush light in veg stage.

SUBBED :thumb:

Ganjazz!! Good to have you here man, I was reading through your journal a couple of days ago!
I'm using Bio Bizz light mix and gave them their first nutes after 15 days or so. They seem to like it so far. I wish I could collect some rainwater but I live in southern Europe and it hasn't been raining for a month now. As for the light, yeah I figured that after a couple of days I had them 15cm from both the MH and the LED. They didn't like that at all. I'm just using the LED for vegging and if the temperature is ok, I will use the 250W HPS too for flowering.

:)

DAY 22 from seed.

Plants are doing great! A couple of days after I topped them and there's new healthy grow everywhere. I'm slightly concerned about their vertical growth though, there is practically none. It seems like they are becoming like bushes.:cool:

I watered them with distilled water today and I'm wondering how much I should wait until I top them once more.

DAY22_3.JPG

DAY22_1.JPG

DAY22_2.JPG

:Namaste:

If you want them to stretch then I think the trick is to move the lights far away for a while- like double the distance they are now, and they'll stretch out. Then move the lights back down again, of course.
I wonder if that bushy plant syndrome is an led thing I see it a lot

I got the same freakin' problem. I'm at day 25 from seed and plant is about 5" high and about 12" wide. Looks like a pile of leaves. I just raised my LED's to 26". Looks like I need to go higher.

I read someone else recently in a other thread, I forget where, having the same problem and someone said to put their light way far up- it's kind of common sense because distance as we know does cause stretch. Of course your plants will be set back a tiny bit because of lack of light- but on balance you'll be further ahead overall if you can get growth that's got a better spread to it.

DAY 30 from seed

Right, time for a little update. So far I have topped my plants twice, I have LST'd them and also did some supercropping. Note to self and to other growers: It's always better to try supercropping just before watering the plants, the stems won't snap so easily. Lesson learned. So apart from a small broken stem and a leaf eaten by the dog, everything seems to be going well. The bigger plants seem to be drinking the water faster now, their pots feel lighter. Last watering was with 75% nute strength.

Plants outside of tent for inspection
DAY30_2.JPG

Plants inside tent
DAY303.JPG

One thing that still concerns me is that there isn't any significant vertical growth, even with the LED as far as it can go from the plants. In the next couple of days I'm going to install the Scrog net that I've built and probably by the end of next week I'm going to flip to 12/12 and switch on the HPS too.

Comments are more than welcome :)

Hmmm.... I'm getting the idea from the few led journals I follow, that they grow very stocky, bushy plants. My plants don't grow the same way under hid.
I'm in a huge hurry but thought i'd give my 2c anyway.
I don't think you need to feel any rush whatsoever. You can train those plants into a scrog even if they get a lot bigger. But then again maybe there's no reason not to put the screen on now and then let it grow more.
Hopefully they will be high enough that you have 8-10" room between the pot top and the screen to work under- but if not- it's ok. It's just more awkward to trim and water.
If you're going to cut the undergrowth you could do some now than wait at least a week to let the plant recover before 12/12. You'll also end up doing a bunch of undergrowth trimming later. Three weeks into flower is a great time.
Any growth that isn't above screen won't produce anything really.
I hope this helps. I have to run
I'm trying to think if some other led scrogs that you could check. Members that come to mind are - HappyJoy (not sure that's his full name but you should be able to search, and kimchikush Both are newbie led scrogs and have that dense bushy look that yours does

I am experience the exact same thing with my LED's. I followed the suggestions of raising the light, switching on the bloom lights, and I get the same thing. The vertical growth seems less than half of the horizontal growth. I'm thinking this is a characteristic of the LED lights. Combine that with a indica dominate strain and you get a bush. I've been researching scrog grows for months on various grow-sites and all the grows have the spindly, skeletal branches under the screen, and the nice blanket of colas above the screen. Also, a lot of scrog growers don't do any trimming. I've trimmed quite a few fan leaves to let the light penetrate and have about 6-8 nice branches; but my plant is so thick it has branches coming off branches! I think these LED's are changing the conventional way scrogs are grown in terms of how low the screen needs to be. What do you all think?

DAY 32 from seed

The 3 bigger plants are getting more and more thirsty so I took them out of the tent for watering and inspection. I gave them loads of pure distilled water, I wanted to flush any nutrient buildup. 6 liters for 11L pots.

I think I'm going to install the SCROG screen tonight and flip to 12/12 tomorrow.

DAY32_1.JPG

DAY32_2.JPG

DAY32_3.JPG

DAY32_51.JPG

DAY32_61.JPG

I noticed a slight yellowing on one of the newer leaves, I don't know if I should worry

DAY32_4.JPG

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom