KBLS First Ever Indoor Grow Feat - White Widow & Purple Bud In A ScrOG 140W LED

Ok why do we want to back off the nutes?? With 20 or so days left I thought this was the time growing stopped and the buds packed on density and weight. Don't they need to be well fed for this? I thought you kept the nutes full strength until a day or 2 before flushing.

If this is directed at me? I'm not actually telling him to back off the nutes, so much as to keep the buildup of salts in mind, since he asked about the leaf tacoing effect.
Maybe the reason I've been getting this problem with some strains is that they're just extra fussy- and/or I haven't been watering with enough runoff. Some people seem to feed at high rates right to the end though I've never had much luck with that.

Wow! They are looking amazing! Yes, they will get a lot bigger, and then get denser! You're probably looking at least 60 days, but you can usually add another week or two on top of that. You'll just have to look at the trics!

The curling, leathery leaves look like heat stress to me! What is your temperature like, and do you have good ventilation?

Yup I ve got on of those cheapos Iphone microscopes which will do the job when the time comes. Temperature is quite high because I have both LED and HPS in such a small tent, it's like 85 degrees F 28-29 Celsius but I have really good ventilation.

Yeah they look great! What a change. :thumb:
Yes I agree- this is a time when they really fatten up. Towards the end they seem to slow down, but I think they still put on a bunch of weight, and get more sticky.
I honestly dont think you have much to worry about if your RH is 55. I don't get below 70 much, with a dehumidifier going, and I don't seem to be getting mold - though I am trying to get lower. Keep an oscillating fan going for air movement 24 hours - that will help tons.
If you do add a dehumidifier - pay attention to your environment cause they do put out heat, and also will dry out your pots faster.

Re the leaves. I would normally say heat stress. However- if your temp conditions have been good- then it could be salts building up in the leaves. This dries the leaves out and makes them more susceptible to heat stress. Or so seems to be the case with one or two of my plants. Just learning in this area myself and going on the advice of others. I did some flushing , and I've been making sure to get plenty of runoff from my pots, and generally toning down the nutes with one or two strains. Nutes seem to build up in the pots and cause me troubles in the second half of flowering.

Thanks once again for your input Weasel. It's just that I'm a perfectionist. I do have an oscillating fan but while I was doing my homework I was reading that really low RH helps resin production. So yeah on Monday I'm gonna start using dehumidifier and check the temps once again. About the leaves, it's not like all of the plants are tacoing (as you called it :) ). It's just a couple of colas of the Purple Bud. White Widow seems unaffected. I'm not really worried though because general health seems good.

DAY 39 FLOWERING

I fed them at about 60% because I noticed something that must be a very slight nutrient burn on the leaves. I'm following the motto "less is more" when it comes to nutrients. I also did that great little trick Light Addict suggested called "Backbuilding". I cut just a couple of the white pistils of each cola. Yeah, as STIHL mentioned, loads of tricks and training for my first grow but I'm a good learner, or at least I hope so.

:)

DAY 52 FLOWERING

Ok, here's an update as I think the harvest window might have opened for the purple bud plants. I would appreciate any help regarding this.
I have been running into some problems lately, I assume it is nutrient burn. Here are a couple of pictures:

IMG_33307.JPG

IMG_33318.JPG

Here are some pictures of the whole tent

IMG_33219.JPG

IMG_332410.JPG

IMG_33276.JPG

I have noticed that about 50% or more of the pistils of the Purple bud plants at the front have turned orange and there don't seem to be new white pistils growing any more so I took some pictures with the microscope. Here they are:

IMG_96091.JPG

IMG_96102.JPG

IMG_96112.JPG

IMG_96153.JPG

IMG_96173.JPG

IMG_96205.JPG

They look mostly cloudy to me. Are the pictures affected by the lights? Please let me know what do you think.
If they're almost ready, I'm thinking of flushing them for 10 more days (I watered them with PHed water only yesterday). I would really appreciate any input.

Hey KB. It's kind of hard to see really well in the pics, and - I don't know if I'd be able to help more if I could see them better. But from all the cupped leaves and crispy look- it definitely could be nute burn/toxic salts buildup. IMO you could harvest anytime- based in the trichomes apparently being all cloudy.
It's important that they're flushed well though, especially if there's a lot of nutes in the system. If you could get any pics under more natural lighting would probably help to see where they are at, but otherwise I'd say to flush well ( for a couple weeks if you can go that long) if you haven't already and look for the leaves to yellow and buds to get sticky and ripe.

Looking very good KBLS! The canopy is very even with some nice, big colas!

As Weasel said, it's tough to tell due to the odd lighting in the pictures. They looked like there were a good amount of clear to me, but it's tough to tell. I don't know what kind of high you're going for, but I'd say if you start flushing now, you should have maybe 10-20% ambers in 10 days. That's my guess anyway!

As a rule, do amber trichs come about 10-days after they all turn cloudy? When to flush is the challenge to me. Trying to time things perfectly.

Looking very good KBLS! The canopy is very even with some nice, big colas!

As Weasel said, it's tough to tell due to the odd lighting in the pictures. They looked like there were a good amount of clear to me, but it's tough to tell. I don't know what kind of high you're going for, but I'd say if you start flushing now, you should have maybe 10-20% ambers in 10 days. That's my guess anyway!

I'm not aware of a rule or timeframe for them ambering, but there very well could be?? I've always thought that was part of the strain characteristics, as some strains take 10-14 weeks to finish, and they have trichomes for a long time before they amber. Compare this to the strains where you can get a higher amount of ambers in 8-10 weeks. That's just my rambling though!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom