KBLS First Ever Indoor Grow Feat - White Widow & Purple Bud In A ScrOG 140W LED

I'm not sure KBLS. I've never been one of the guys who can diagnose the deficiencies all that well. Not many people really can- because they usually are intertwined with other ones anyway- and are generally related to growing conditions (ph , temps, etc) more than the lack of a specific nutrient in the pot. With the exception of cal/mag I guess. I was thinking Ph because of the white spots on the sides of the leaves. I've read people saying they thought those were ph related. Yours sounds lowish. We could dig out lots of possible theories -

Which is sort of a longwinded way to say i don't know. I wouldn't worry about it if it was my plant- unless it gets worse.

DAY 34 from seed / DAY 1 Flowering

I have flipped to 12/12. There quite a lot of bud sites and the tent is filled! Plants are looking good and healthy, this minor yellowing they had on the tips seems to have stopped for now. I have installed a tower fan to minimize footprint and to be able to have good air movement both below and above the canopy. And this fan is the reason I still haven't installed the SCROG screen, I need to do some modifications to make it fit. I have switched on the HPS too, both lights are at about 15 inches (40 cm) distance.

DAY34_2.jpg

DAY34_1.jpg

Comments are more than welcome!

:Namaste:

The first time installing the screen on top of your plants may stress you out- as there will be some minor amount of damage and roughing up. But the plant will take the abuse no problem. Best to do soon before it starts stretching though. 4"x4" squares are fine for the net. I would try to get the growing tips through the net when you do out it on (don't expect them to stretch up and through) especially since your plants are pretty stocky anyway.

DAY 35 from seed / DAY 2 Flowering

I have installed the SCROG screen. But before that I defoliated and did some pruning. I just hope it will not kill the plants, didn't feel so sure while I was doing it but I felt I had to since it was my last chance before the screen was installed.

DAY356.jpg

Here's how the plants look after defol / pruning. What do you guys think? Was it too much?

DAY35_1.jpg

DAY35_2.jpg

:cheer:

No- it looks great :thumb: . I'm surprised how well that worked out for you actually. I see it's a bit off center for whatever reason.
Just try to make sure that any likely tops get light, - the ones that are low in the screen, and they should be able to catch up.
You'll want to remove all the growth underneath the screen because it won't produce anything. May as well wait till after the stretch though. Around day 21 of flower is a great time.

A long necked watering can works ok for some things- or you can install a pipe of some sort sticking out the top from each pot if you are really stuck.
Will there be a place for the tips which are outside the scrog on the left to squeeze to in, assuming they grow tall enough? If they do sprout up you may have to shuffle the other ones around a bit- but that's kinda the game with scrog anyway- sort of a chess game.
Edit- on second thought- they don't need to be in the scrog at all. They'd be fine in that gap

DAY 37 from seed / DAY 4 flowering

Right, here's a small update. Plants are really loving it, they 've started stretching and I have to say, it will be quite a battle to keep all those lovely shoots in the screen. I fed them yesterday with nutes at 50%. Lights are 15cm (10 inches) from the canopy. I ve checked with my hand and it's not burning or anything. Do you guys think I could / should lower the lights more? I also did some more defoliating under the screen and probably I will have to do some more when it's clear which shoots are going to make it to the top of the canopy. My goal at the moment is to have one shoot in each of the squares of the screen.

Here's some pictures. To be honest I can't believe everything is going so smooth! I just hope it will continue like that!

DAY37_3.jpg

DAY37_2.jpg

DAY37_1.jpg

DAY 39 from seed / DAY 6 flowering

I decided to lift the screen and to do some heavy defoliation. There were a couple of reasons for that:

a) Humidity was skyrocketing above 70%
b) With all those leaves it was really hard for me to manage the shoots under the screen.

The girls look so naked now :( and if this didn't kill them I think they 're indestructible!
I also watered them tap water which was PH-ed down to 6.5

da39_1.jpg

da39_2.jpg

Hey KBLS, as promised I got caught up on your grow and I want to see how this turns out! Looking very nice so far. Weasel has also given you some good advice, listen to this guy! I'll try to help out too, but it seems like you've got most of it under control.

Thank you for joining jojo! I just hope my grow will get as good as yours!

Hey KB, I've read several references that say min distance on an LED is 12". You need at least that to get the spectrum to mix. Cheez that was a heavy cut job. Hoping she doesn't get mad at you...

They'll be fine KB. Usually I do the defol at about three weeks, as I mentioned. During the stretch they probably manage to use some of that foliage for growth. At any rate-for whatever reason- I've experienced some real slowdown in progress when I did major defol during the stretch. I usually just let it run till after the stretch then do it all at once. I find that the plants have an easier time dealing with one big defol than a bunch of little ones.
But don't worry- they will be totally fine. They're pretty indestructible this way.

They'll be fine KB. Usually I do the defol at about three weeks, as I mentioned. During the stretch they probably manage to use some of that foliage for growth. At any rate-for whatever reason- I've experienced some real slowdown in progress when I did major defol during the stretch. I usually just let it run till after the stretch then do it all at once. I find that the plants have an easier time dealing with one big defol than a bunch of little ones.
But don't worry- they will be totally fine. They're pretty indestructible this way.

Thanks Weasel!

I don't mind them taking a bit longer to bud as long as I don't kill them.

Back
Top Bottom