KBLS First Ever Indoor Grow Feat - White Widow & Purple Bud In A ScrOG 140W LED

It's not so much that as that, as you will maybe finish at around the same time but there's a chance the plant will waste a lot of its energy on recovery at a bad time. The end result is less/lower quality bud, at least in my experience.

Yeah - don't worry. I don't think you'll experience a problem-but at least in my experience, that day 21 thing is well grounded, and the stretch was a bad time for me to do too much defol. Doubtful you'll see much difference from what you've done though

They're a little "skinny" looking, but they'll fill out in no time. As for the LED height, it's probably best to start with the manufacturer's recommendations. For my 100x3W (185W real draw) LED, Mars recommends 12-18" during flowering, and 18-24" during veg. I've had pretty good luck at these distances, and even got a bit of light burn at 12" during flowering.

DAY 42 from seed / DAY 9 flowering

Not much to report, the girls seem to be bouncing back from the heavy defoliation I did a couple of days ago :)
I fed them today with nutrients at 50% strength.

DAY42_9_1.jpg

I did notice some weird spots, but they were on one leaf so for the moment I'm not concerned.

DAY42_9_2.jpg

Wishing you a good day :)

No expert by any stretch, but I do read a lot and that looks like classic cal/mag deficiency. Lots of pics on the forum, might what to check it out.

I'm not really sure what that is, if it is just on one leaf. I too had some of the lighter colored patches, but never really figured out what they are... I'm still curious though, as I get them sometimes.

The brown spotting does kind of look like cal/mag deficiency, but it's probably something else since it didn't start at the bottom of the plant and is only affecting one leaf. The plant looks good to me and recovered just fine!

DAY 46 from seed / DAY 13 flowering

Here's a small update. Again, not much to report. The girls are stretching and I don't really know if there is a point in tucking anything below the SCROG screen because everything is full. I'm gonna wait till day 21 of flowering to do some more defoliation as the bigger fan leaves are blocking the light to some smaller bud sites.

Watered them today with tap water PHed down to 6.0
I've read that for soil the PH has to be between 6.0 and 6.5 and that you MUST water at different PH levels for the different nutrients to be absorbed. So, another lesson learned. In my next grow I'm gonna start at PH 6.0 and gradually go to PH 6.5. Or is it better to water everytime with a different PH value? Example one watering PH 6.0, next one 6.5 then the next one again at 6.0 etc? What do you guys think?

Everything seems to be ok for the moment, apart from this slight yellowing of the tips on the plants at the back. Could it be light burn from the LED? In any case I have raised the lights, they are at 14 inches (35 cm) from the canopy.

Here are some pictures

DAYW_1.jpg

DAYW_2.jpg

DAYW_3.jpg

:Namaste:

I agree that defoliating is necessary with LED lights because of poor penetration. I also had the problem with stopped/slowed growth after a heavy defoliate. What I'm currently doing is removing a SMALL amount of fan leaves twice a week. 6-fan leaves then walk away. It's hard to do because you see a lot more that need trimming but the plant doesn't seem to notice and the lower grow sites seem to be sprouting up; I'm talking about just 1-plant. Not sure if this is advocated but it seems to be working. Kind of learning as I go...

They've really bounced back and filled in that screen! It sounds like you have a pretty good plan, but if they keep stretching much more you may have a lot of height above the canopy. I can't really see the yellowing with that lighting, but it all looks quite healthy to me! I think with LEDs you usually get light bleaching (turns white), not yellowing, but I could be wrong, and it depends on what it looks like. I got some yellowing/reddening/purpling when I was giving too much LED light.

As for the pH, what "soil" are you using? The reason I ask is because many people use soiless mediums, thinking they are soil (myself included). I think the recommended range for nutrient uptake in soil is 6.5-7.0 pH also..

DAY 54 from seed / DAY 21 flowering

Time for an update. It took a couple of days cause I had nothing to report really. Things are going fine and today I did some heavy defoliation again. I waited until day 21 of flowering as my friend Weaselcracker recommended. It's quite scary to remove all those leaves. Will the girls survive? They sure did the first time I did this, I hope the will be fine. Other than that, I wish my canopy was a bit more even but it's ok, it's my first grow.

Here are some pictures:

DAY5111.jpg

DAY5121.jpg

DAY5131.jpg

DAY5141.jpg

DAY5151.jpg

I agree that defoliating is necessary with LED lights because of poor penetration. I also had the problem with stopped/slowed growth after a heavy defoliate. What I'm currently doing is removing a SMALL amount of fan leaves twice a week. 6-fan leaves then walk away. It's hard to do because you see a lot more that need trimming but the plant doesn't seem to notice and the lower grow sites seem to be sprouting up; I'm talking about just 1-plant. Not sure if this is advocated but it seems to be working. Kind of learning as I go...

Yeah, it's really hard to just pluck 6 leaves of each plant. I admit I have a problem, once I start I can't stop. :help smilie:

Same here, learning as I go..

They've really bounced back and filled in that screen! It sounds like you have a pretty good plan, but if they keep stretching much more you may have a lot of height above the canopy. I can't really see the yellowing with that lighting, but it all looks quite healthy to me! I think with LEDs you usually get light bleaching (turns white), not yellowing, but I could be wrong, and it depends on what it looks like. I got some yellowing/reddening/purpling when I was giving too much LED light.

As for the pH, what "soil" are you using? The reason I ask is because many people use soiless mediums, thinking they are soil (myself included). I think the recommended range for nutrient uptake in soil is 6.5-7.0 pH also..

I'm using soil jojo. So far my range was from 6.0 - 6.5 and it was fine but I'm gonna read again what the ideal range is.

DAY 38 Flowering

Ok time for an update as the girls are approaching the final bit. Everything is going smooth, apart from one plant, it has some leathery leaves and saw-like edges. It could be from heat stress? Currently I'm feeding at 75% and tomorrow is feeding time, do you think I should go 100%? I'm getting a dehumidifier tomorrow as I can't get my RH under 55% and I'm slightly worried about mold, budrot etc. although I have good circulation going on in my tent. Apart from the leathery and saw-like leaves everything else looks ok to me. The flowering according to Sensi seeds is between 50 and 65 days and I'm at day 38. Is it right to assume that there's much more weight and mass to be gained for the flowers?

Here are some pictures

DAYXXX1.jpg

DAYXXX2.jpg

The leathery leaves
DAYXXX3.jpg

DAYXXX4.jpg

DAYXXX5.jpg

DAYXXX6.jpg

DAYXXX8.jpg

Wish everyone's garden is green

Wow! They are looking amazing! Yes, they will get a lot bigger, and then get denser! You're probably looking at least 60 days, but you can usually add another week or two on top of that. You'll just have to look at the trics!

The curling, leathery leaves look like heat stress to me! What is your temperature like, and do you have good ventilation?

Yeah they look great! What a change. :thumb:
Yes I agree- this is a time when they really fatten up. Towards the end they seem to slow down, but I think they still put on a bunch of weight, and get more sticky.
I honestly dont think you have much to worry about if your RH is 55. I don't get below 70 much, with a dehumidifier going, and I don't seem to be getting mold - though I am trying to get lower. Keep an oscillating fan going for air movement 24 hours - that will help tons.
If you do add a dehumidifier - pay attention to your environment cause they do put out heat, and also will dry out your pots faster.

Re the leaves. I would normally say heat stress. However- if your temp conditions have been good- then it could be salts building up in the leaves. This dries the leaves out and makes them more susceptible to heat stress. Or so seems to be the case with one or two of my plants. Just learning in this area myself and going on the advice of others. I did some flushing , and I've been making sure to get plenty of runoff from my pots, and generally toning down the nutes with one or two strains. Nutes seem to build up in the pots and cause me troubles in the second half of flowering.

Ok why do we want to back off the nutes?? With 20 or so days left I thought this was the time growing stopped and the buds packed on density and weight. Don't they need to be well fed for this? I thought you kept the nutes full strength until a day or 2 before flushing.

Back
Top Bottom