First time grow, thinking about SCROG

KBLS

Hello there,

I'm going to be attempting my first grow in a couple of days (I'm just waiting for my LED panel to arrive) and I'm seriously thinking about doing SCROG for maximum yield.

Is this only for the experienced grower? I mean, I 've been reading about growing for a month now and I think I know what to do. Would you advise me not to try it out? What are the things that could go wrong?

I will be growing in a tent, 0.76m x 0.76m x 1.80m in soil.

Thanks
:)

Doing a scrog is easy enough for a beginner. There is nothing particularly hard about it and the learning issues you have as a beginner will be there regardless, and separate from the fact that you're growing your plant in a scrog screen. Also- you don't have to worry quite yet about the scrog. The first step in that direction will be topping the plant when it get a bit older, and learning how to train it so it spreads out flat and wide. The screen comes later. I'm no expert but let me know if there's anything I can help you with

I have done a lot of scrog growing. In fact, it is the only way (IMHO) to grow indoors. I have three tables, each 4 x 8 with two 600 watt and one 4 tube VHO T5 light on each table. I note that the 600 watt lights are rated at 3.5 square feet coverage. That's ok for the width part of the table, but not the length. I noticed that the bud sites in between the lights were weak and produced fluffy buds, so I put the T5's up in between and I get outstanding results. I imagine it would work with LED too - but prolly not as well for the width... if ya know what I mean.

The last run I did was with C99 Cindy (LOVE that genetic) and harvested a little over 9 lbs from the three tables. I measured and weighed carefully, and this is trimmed and cured and ready for patients and it came out at exactly 3914 grams. That is about 1.1 gram per watt.

Now it took me many years to get to that point - a lot of experimentation with nute levels, timing of flipping lights, veg time, super cropping - and much more. I have had people call 'bullshit' when I tell them my numbers, but they are accurate. I am stingy as hell when it comes to growing so I don't use a lot of expensive "new and improved" crap that the grow stores come out with. I utilize all the ingredients to their maximum potential (electricity, water, nutes, pesticides, supplies of all types - and my time; which is an ingredient too) to bring the per unit cost down as far as I can for the biggest bang.

LoL. I just read that last paragraph. My degree in business economics is showing through. See mom and dad? That education you paid so much for hasn't gone to waste. LoL.

~ Auggie ~

I don't use a net, I use wire. 2 x 4 fence wire. I found that netting is too easily cut when you are pruning, and it also will grow INTO the flower. Yukkie to smoke.

I used PVC pipe to build the frame.

~ Auggie ~

Hemp rope has fibers in it that the plant with actually attach to. It will work it's way into the bud, and wrap into and around it. I haven't smoked hemp before (knowingly), but I don't think I'd want to.
Sometimes one can take that "earth friendly natural" stuff too far.
Good old fashioned fence wire works best for me.

~ Auggie ~

Fence wire works too... Hemp rope isn't all super earthy and fiberous. You can find very tough good quality hemp rope. I had no issue using a rope net set up on mine. Here is a pic.
SAM_12602.JPG

This is very early into the scrog she hasn't began to fill it up yet, but you can see how it is put together.

Anyone please?

Is SCROG something a beginner should dare?

To add to what others have said. Sure, go for it.

First grow I did here was a SCROG. It's in my Sig.

Wasn't my first grow ever, but I learned everything specific to that kind from reading and interacting here.

CO Finest has some great YouTube videos. I've easily read his grows and videos for hours at a time.

It's doable.

Auggie is a great source of info and knowledge,, if you have him here you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom