Kushtie - Multiple Strains - 600W HPS & NFT

Figured I'd better put a stake in the ground here or I might not get around to it all.

Quickish run down....
- it's the first time I've chosen strains and planted seeds
- Russian Rocket Fuel is a Diesel x Lowryder autoflower and is the big one flowering at the back in the below photo. There's 4 of them making that bush!
- Violator Kush is in the middle although I'm not too sure on genetics as I didn't look too far into it and just fancied trying it. Just one plant in the middle there. Big fat indica leaves on that one. Need to go in and rearrange her in the screen. Taken 3 tops off already but might take a few more so she fills out nicely.
- Mothers Finest is a Jack Herer descendant and is flying the flag for sativa although that was a last minute addition when I was given 2 rooted clones. The red arrows in the bottom left of the pic show where I topped it the first time and I plan on topping again very soon.

room1505.jpg

Nutes are Ionic hydro grow and bloom and my 3 NFT tanks are all 20L. Am just trying to keep within the ph 5.6-6.2 recommendation on the nutes with the EC around 2.0. It's my first run with pH and EC meter. I've also installed a temperature controlled exhaust fan which typically runs at it's lowest setting and gives me a lights on temp of 25 degrees or so.

More pics soon hopefully....lots more probably :)

Aye, it's a corner of my attic since I have a workbench, PC and ashtray in the middle bit where it's taller. Once I clear out more junk the workbench is going and growroom mk2 will be bigger with easier access.

The shiny bubblewrap stuff at the back isn't attached at the bottom so access to my autos is by pushing it back and crawling in and even then I can only get to one end of the tank.

A few quick snaps from a wee camera.....

Mothers Finest is in need of topping on one side again, hopefully it'll fill out in the middle a bit with the longer stems against the wall but I don't want it to grow too much taller before flowering.
room1705-3.jpg

Violator Kush is looking a bit sorry for itself and squashed in but she got pulled about a bit last night to spread her over more of the screen. She'll get a bit more space when the Mothers Finest gets trimmed back a bit and I'll take more fan leaves and popcorn buds off the Russian Rocket Fuels which got way bigger than I expected.
room1705-2.jpg

The Russian Rocket Fuel seems to be filling out and frosting up and will hopefully continue on the same trajectory.
room1705-1.jpg

Need to get into those buds for a closer look with my macro lenses.

Also, some from a couple of days ago that I posted in Dutty Panty's Sweet Tooth thread.
rrf1505-3.jpg

rrf1505-2.jpg

rrf1505-1.jpg

They were with my far away macro lens though :)

Cheers bud. Nah, no heating unless I'm feeling chilly sitting at my PC.

Some folk put loft insulation on the floor of a loft to keep heat downstairs but I put it on the roof so I could chill out in the loft without getting cold. Now with the 600W on it's anything but chilly and adding the extractor fan has made it more comfortable inside and out of my growroom.

Am pleased with how the autos are looking too but even more pleased about how they are smelling. Touch them and you get a very strong and sharp whiff of jet fuel. Really looking forward to the smoke and pretty sure I'll be ordering more ShortStuff seeds from Female Seeds.co.uk (the pack of 5 mix seeds I got free look promising too and the free Super Cali Haze isn't doing too badly considering she sprouted before I had her near a light). Will get some more pics later hopefully but need to go do that eating and drinking thing :)

The auto seedlings under my 125w cfl....
room2005-1.jpg

....the one on the left, Super Cali Haze, was really quick to sprout and I wasn't ready with a light so it did a mega stretch and then fell over. Had her propped up just off the ground for a while but she picked herself back up and seems to be getting on with it. The others are a shortstuff mix....2 seeds that looked pretty normal, 2 normal size but dark and 1 giant seed.

More of the Russian Rocket Fuel....
room2005-2.jpg

room2005-3.jpg

....about 8 weeks after sprouting on a strain that is supposed to take 8-10 weeks. I think there's a while left in her yet though.

Cheers bud. Just aswell the giraffe has gone outside as that one was supposed to get over 2m tall anyway. She can get to 10m for all I care now lol. The ones outside seem to be doing well and are on their 3rd day so have survived 2 nights out in the wilds of Scotland so far....pics later. I figure that if the shock of going out was going to kill them they'd have been looking sad rather than happy today so I'm taking that as a sign I can stick the other 2 out and leave 'em for a few weeks before checking on them again.

Outside temps are probably not much more than 10 degrees at night and not much more than 15 during that day unless we get unusually nice days when they should see over 20. I guess progress will largely be weather dependant.....fingers crossed :)

Below 10 is to cold for autos there's a couple strains of photos that can endure easily here's its about 15 at nights and about 25 on my terrace during the day but we got LOTS of wind at least 80km/h gust on a normal day.

A quick snap....and don't worry she's growing straight up not at a weird angle :)
mud2205-1.jpg

Got some of these on the way too.....
Greenhouse female seeds Auto white widow (P7637) « Female Seeds

Hopefully I'll get a photo outside too but I'm not really expecting it to finish in time to be worth harvesting. Not sure I'll get anything worth harvesting out the autos either TBH but it's fun trying anyway.

Or maybe were looking healthy....my Violator Kush seem to have thrown a bit of a hissy fit again. pH got slightly too high for a day as I was rushing about. That one seems quite temperamental but either way she's getting flipped to flower soon as she's filling about as much space is available until the RRFs come down and both the VK and MFs are pretty much the height I wanted before flowering.

Only problem with my space is access is all low down so I can hardly see what is going on at canopy level. Need to make some holes higher up so I can at least get an arm or a camera lens in or I'll miss the show :)

1st day of 12/12 for my indoor ones under the 600.

Went out and checked on the 2 outside and it looks like they've survived a week so I stuck another 2 out.

mud2705-1.jpg

Above is outside after a week in soil. Below is inside under a 125w cfl after a week in soil from the same bag.

room2705-1.jpg

A week ago the ones that went out were slightly bigger than the one that stayed in so maybe not the best result for outdoors yet but at least they are alive and growing in temps that have probably been as low as 8C at night and maybe only a few degrees warmer on duller days.

The indoor soil auto got out for a little sunshine and to feel a breeze for the first time. Never been able to do that with my hydro ones :)

room2805-1.jpg

Then the seed fairy dropped by.....

room2805-2.jpg

The one in the pot came out one of those ShortStuff mix packets. The other packets are White Widow Auto and more Russian Rocket Fuel and the little baggies are White Widow, PeperJack Haze and Super Cali Haze.

I switched to flowering the photos almost a week ago when things looked like this:

room2605-3.jpg

I was aiming for a sort of stadium like arrangement of buds with the shortest plant in the middle and taller ones at the side. I've been topping the VK and spreading her across the screen in the middle of the room to fill that area out and with the 2 MF I topped once early on and about a week before flowering topped again on the side nearest the light.

I think the RRF autos at the back are pretty much done. Going to try and get a close look with a macro lens later and see if I can find some ambers. Last few days I've just been topping the RRF tank up with pH'd water to wind down before flushing. They seem to have slowed right down now so I guess they've done all they are going to do.

This pic was taken by squeezing my arm and a little camera up through the canopy since it's wall to wall plants now:
room0206-1.jpg

Probably hard to tell but there should be long, thin Sativa leaves at the bottom of the pic which is the Mothers Finest and some fatter leaves in the middle on the Violator Kush and the flowering Russian Rocket Fuel auto at the back.

Big light not on yet so a couple of my wee veg cupboard with the 125W CFL in it...

wee0206-1.jpg

It's pretty busy in there at the moment. The ones in the tray with pH'd water pumping over it are some of the bits I cut off the MF and VK so I could see if that works for cloning....and it does but I'm still at less than 50% success with clones. Big improvement on 0% last time even if I've no use for any that do root. Should probably ditch them. The auto in the pot will go under the 600W HPS once the RRFs get harvested and just leave the propagator in there.

wee0206-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom