420's 12/12 From Seed, SOG, Hydro NFT, Grow Journal

Coming along nicely mate Do they still take 8-9 weeks to flower starting them so early I ask because usually 10-14 days I'd have flowers starting to show
The plants I currently have in nft look like cabbages they seem to have to many nodes and not enough height lol

Hi Swoobynew! Thanks ! About the strains, the BC is supposed to be a fast flowering breed. 55-57 days. The violator kush is about the same. The other tank with the 2 NYCDs the MG and LSD require between 60 and 70 days.

Now about your question, the flowering itself is not actually longer. It just require more time for the plant to start flowering. That actually why I need to wait a bit more before I use MR1=MR2. But considering the quasi-absence of veg, in the end it's still faster :p But you noticed the NYCD autos are flowering faster. I do'nt know if this justs chance since I've never grow autos before.
Also, if you have a NFT running some cabbage like plants I'd say you put too much nutes!

Didn't check the tank res, still no batteries. As of the PH, steady at 5.79. Stems are green. No red stem, no ph issue. Still little nute burns on the tip of some leaves. Nothing to be really concerned about. I will empty the tank tomorrow for a brand new mix. The stretch is now about 500 to 700%.

About some picture for today: 31 days from seeds, 21 days of 12/12:

DSC_0011135.JPG
DSC_0012131.JPG

Hi!
33 days from seeds, 23 days of 12/12

Got new batteries for my EC meter :) The tank were at EC 1.00 ph 5.9. All good! I was worried EC dropped way under that since I didn't check anything since the previous post.

Entering the third week of 12/12, I switched to MR1 = MR2 dosages. That'll make a ratio of P=K, stimulating the bud production. I will keep at it untill I see fit. About 10 days I'd say.

I want my plants to concentrate on P = K instead of N hence I'm rising the PH. In about a week, I'll try to maintain a PH between 6.00-6.25 instead.

The new soup is made of (for 30L, for any guy trying to know metrop nutes dosages in NFT)

In order of mixing
24mL of amino bloom
9mL of MR1
same dosage of MR2
4 drops of supervit
13mL of PH-
and finally, 7mL of calgreen
reaching EC 1.27 and PH 5.87.

Some would say it's low EC but in my experience with metrop, it's not advised to go much higher in reciculating systems. Plants are showing slight nute burns so I can't really get higher. For now anyway... I usually get to 1.5 when the plants are in the last third of flowering phase.

Also, as a new week start, it's foliar day! Calgreen at EC 1.15 was applied on all the plants. MRx will follow, at the same dosage in 48 hours.

About the garden itself, well I'm very happy. :cheer:

The tent is filled as I hoped and the stretch stopped.
The morning glory is 77cm high. Definetly the most sativa in this grow :love: I hope she won't need 90 days to flower :p The NYCD is not far behind. The others are about 56-60 cm. I won't cut much branches though I might remove a few leaves here and there to optimize light penetration. I cant' see a single yellowing leaf. No issue at all. Plants are happy. Colored with a nice green and don't show any red stems. No hermies either. I'm touching mlyself tonight

I switched the tank around so that my little blue cheese are right under the lamps. I'm a big fan of Blue crossed as I mentioned in an earlier post. Too bad for the LSD. She a fine looking plant. I expect the LSD to grow 2 very large and thick buds. I might have mold issues if I'm not carefull later in flowering.

Now to some pictures

The tank of NYCD, LSD and morning glory, outside the tent:
DSC_0014123.JPG

All back in place:

DSC_0015121.JPG

We're entering the my favourite stage of cannabis grow. Flowering! I hope, within 2 weeks, I'll see plenty of buds everywhere and perhaps, the first trychromes!

So, what you guys think of my 12/12 from seed so far? :Namaste:

Hi fellows! 35 days from seeds, 25 days of 12/12

It shows how healthy you plants look when you take a picture not under the hps light
As for my nft cabbages lol they have not had much nutes I'm hoping they will get taller so I can get a few cuts before I flower

Plants need really little during the first weeks in hydro. Under EC 1.0. If you want them to get taller, just increase the distance to lamp for a day or two. But i'd not advise it. Just see how much my plants stretched. You don't want to wait too much before switching to 12/12 or your plants will grow very high. It might not be an issue regarding your grow space but your plants will stretch a lot if you have good dosages in your system.

On Oct 14th I noticed one NYCD was a bit pale, little growth leaves. Today that paleness is completely gone thanks to a refill that same day, that refill was at EC 1.27 for both.

Since that refill, EC dropped under 0.95 in GT2 (left one). Meaning the plants (MG, NYCDs and LSD) are asking for more nutrients. EC 1.3 won't cut it for them. While in GT1 EC dropped to 1.05 only (they don't need much more nutrients) PH went under 5.6. I couldn't let the PH that low. And they'd need a refill tomorrow anyway. I emptied both tanks and prepared a new mix with different settings for each tank. I must keep the PH over 5.8 for optimal nutrient absorption. That is, it now takes near double the time to take care of the plants since I prepare 2 soups. A little sacrifice I knew I'll have to honor for growing multiple strains. I noticed the plants didn't drink much of the water in the tanks. For 3 days they drank about 5L of water in total which is not a lot. That consumption will increase very soon so from now on I'll fill the tanks to maximum capacity (about 20L). That should help to keep a stable EC, or at least, as stable as possible.

GT2(left) was set to EC 1.45 and ph 5.9 while GT1(right) was set to EC 1.30 and PH 5.95. Still with MR1=MR2 dosages and Cg = 1/2 * MRx. I'll take some measurments tomorrow to see how they react to the new res and see if it was not enough or, hopefully not, too much. The flowering should intensify very soon. More and more pistils are sprouting. It'll not be long before I switch to full MR2.

An overall picture from today.
DSC_0011136.JPG

Another where you can see the grow tent so you can realize how grown they are
DSC_0012132.JPG

Now let's appreciate this gif that goes from 5th Oct. to this day. (only 3 shots are missing), for your eyes only

17-102.gif

Cheers !

Hi fellow readers! 38 days from seeds, 28 days of 12/12

I flushed the tanks today. the left tank was stable for the last 4 days. Perfect setting. While the right tank was a bit overdosed. EC was rising and water was going down. Hence, rising EC and downing PH. I had to flush it.
Closely looking at the plants I see bud clusters starting to develop. It's time to switch to MR2.

EC was set to 1.39 in the left tank. 1.31 in the right tank. PH 6.05 for both.

These ladies are making me impatient! They have taken a lot of time to enter the flowering phase. It's like they are 10 days behind schedule! They look like they are 20 days in 12/12. It doesn't look impressive at all. But they look healthy. No decaying leaves no sign of pest. White roots. Genetics ?

The only really budding plant is the NYCD#1:
DSC_0021100.JPG

Her counterpart #2 doesn't look the same at all:
DSC_002296.JPG

The bluecheese#3 is the tallest plant. Not very bushy and the longest to flower so far:
DSC_002497.JPG

The morning glory is the 2nd tallest plant. She's clustering at the moment:
DSC_0020102.JPG

The overall picture:

DSC_0017104.JPG

Concerned by the flowering start I defiolated the plants a little to allow better light penetration down to the bud sites as some plants stretched too much. I also removed branches. The NYCD#2 especially because she had a lot of branches. Still too much branches but I don't like to cut my plants. Finally, I bend the 2 tallest plants so I have a better canopy. It's far from even but meh, there's not much I can do about it.

I'll continue tu monitor the plants and feed them as best as I can and keep you guys posted!

Hi fellows! 41 days from seeds, 31 days of 12/12

Buds !!

DSC_0020103.JPG
DSC_0021101.JPG

Finally! Damn these ladies are growing sexier each day! Vitals are stable. EC is at 1.25 in the left tank, 1.14 in the right tank. I will change the soup in a couple days. Or just a refill tomorrow.

I can feel the moist in the tent when I open it so I increased extraction up to 65%. Also i put the lamp as high as I can so the ladies won't swet too much.

A global view:

DSC_002395.JPG

Blue cheese 3 is not looking great. I don't expect much from this too tall plant.

Hi fellows.

Little update. New mix at ec 1.5. I'll see how they take it.

It's weird, but the Blue cheese tank, that should contain fast flowering strains is flowering much slower than the other. They are not actually budding yet. Even stranger, all the strains in the blue cheese tank seem to be affected.

These are the blue chesse
DSC_0013111.JPG
DSC_0012133.JPG

DSC_0014124.JPG

While the other tank look like this
NYCD1
DSC_0017105.JPG

LSD
DSC_0018106.JPG

NYCD2
DSC_0016117.JPG

MG
DSC_0015122.JPG

It looks like this grow is nowhere near to end !

That's strange it's all the plants in one tank hope they start kicking in for ya mate
Just a possibility but any chance ya got any light leak getting in on that side of the tent

My thougts exaclty after I wrote this post. The metallic duct for extraction isn't light proof. Some light came to this end of the tent from the top, where the duct takes the air out, right above the tallest BC... I added a grid on top of it lo light don't go inside the duct. Hope this will fix my problems. In fact I'm sure it will.

Hi fellas.

Update is due at 44 days from seeds, 34 days of 12/12

EC was set at 1.5 and is now at 1.35 (L) and 1.25(R). PH is stable at 6.05 and 6.15.

NYCD1 is starting to produce her first trychromes. NYCD2 isn't there yet neither LSD or MG though LSD looks promising.

Since most plants are not budding yet I took advantage of the situation to perform an additionnal little defoliation on the right tank. There are not many bud sites it feels like a waste of space.

NYCD1 - Quickie
DSC_0017106.JPG

NYCD2 - Monster plant in this tent
DSC_0016117.JPG

LSD - Thick 2 budder
DSC_0018106.JPG

MG - My queen
DSC_001998.JPG

Overalls: These lazy BC on the right tank...
DSC_0016118.JPG
DSC_0015123.JPG

I think I fixed my light issue. I added a cover on the air ducts inside the box. I'll need a permanent fix for the next grow. I'll try to acquire duct isolation or make one. Both for noise and light insulation.

BC look like they'll need an extra 3 weeks to flower. I hope it will not be a waste of space, time, nutes and energy. Now since BC and VK are supposed to be fast flowering, I hope they'll catch up with the others within the next few weeks. If i see they revert in veg well, that'd be the worse thing.

Hi fellas! Update was long due!

It's a shame really everything was going so well It's crazy how a little light creeping in can cause so much grief
Indeed. If that had not happended, my plants would already be harvested! My bad. I neglected the air duct poor light insulation. It's what you get when you try new equipment (tent).

Things are getting fluffier. It is starting to smell good in there.

The right tank is getting there. I'd say they look like they are close to 3rd week of flowering. Finally!

BC1 on the left, VK on the right:
DSC_004552.JPG

The NYCD1 is well advanced. I'll probably get 30g out of it.Hope she'll continue to build up:
DSC_005549.JPG

It's too bad the NYCD2 grew so tall because it's imparing NYCD1 flower as light is much farther away.
I was actually aiming for that kind of plants. 2-3 branches max, dense small plants

LSD also is this category of expected plants:
DSC_004858.JPG

NYCD2 will be the most giving plant. She's building up some nice collas. She's the biggest plant. She might make for 130g on her own. She better be 'cause she's sucking a great part of the light:
DSC_004156.JPG

Morning glory is the fluffiest plant. I can't wait to see these swell into calyxes and the smell is ... awesome :
DSC_004367.JPG
DSC_004458.JPG

DSC_004949.JPG

The fucking your setup weak duct and the blue cheese, raising up to 1.8m:
DSC_004661.JPG

Overall
DSC_005251.JPG

Seems the light fix actually worked. So we're back on track! :cheer:

Hi fellas! No update for quite some time! we are at 54 days of 12/12

Tanks were refilled yesterday.

I had several issues since the last update:
-No more batteries in EC meter (I forgot to switch it off): I can't see how much nutes my plants need :(
-No more PH tester, it doesn't work anymore : (i'm completely blind for 2 weeks and count on my notes)
-Ca def (on NYCD2) as I had no Calgreen anymore.

The only thing fixed is the calgreen, I bought a new bottle to finish my ladies.

The left tank is well into flowering. Buds are swelling. The right tank is late, but flowering as well. I think they have 2 weeks difference.

I harvested the top of NYCD1, I wanted to smoke it, even without a flush. It's great product :) It has a hazy taste!

Now, some pictures !

The retard blue cheese, I cut her top off because It had no light anyway. It's a very strange looking plant. But she's flowering!

DSC_0020105.JPG

NYCD2:
DSC_0015125.JPG

DSC_0019100.JPG

DSC_0021103.JPG

She's swelling. There are still a lot of white pistils which indicate it will continue to swell. You can see the Ca def on the top leaves.

Too bad the MG isn't at the same state but almost:
DSC_0016120.JPG

DSC_0018109.JPG

She's very promising. She started to swell not so long ago. She's got so much pistils :)

An overall:
DSC_0017108.JPG

MG is far from harvest time. I think It's 2 more weeks before starting the flush of the left tank.

Hi fellas.

The end is nigh! Both NYCDs were cut, so was the Morning Glory. The end product is dense and smelly. The cure is about to start for those 3 gals. The morning glory is a very dark orange with lots of pistils and little bud leaves while the NYCD is a lighter green with foxtails.

The violator Kush was cut couple days ago. Very dense and smelly product. Very frosty too. Indica, smells like hash.

The BC3 was in part harvested. This plant, is the smelliest. Great foxtails, almost no leaves. And it's a retard plant... The other 2 BC are not done yet. BC1 will be ready before BC3. And LSD, she looks great, very frosty.

I've got a ratio of 6:1, buds over branch weigh in final product NYCD. Not my best.
I don't really like the taste of NYCD. I largely prefer Blue Cheese. Damn, this strains smell is so good.

I'll put some pictures in the final post, along with a smoke report.

Greetings, Merry Christmas and 420 for the final post of this multi-strain NFT journal!

I'm quite happy with Barney's Farm seeds. I have 5 different strains that have different properties and potencies, smells, taste and colors.

The last plant was harvested 14 days ago. I'm about to start cure for these lasties. LSD needed more time as did Blue cheese one and two but it had gone on for too long: 93 days and LSD was starting to show mold. Roots were yellow in both tanks. It was time to ease their pain.

Some shots of plants before harvest:
BC 2, not finished, that's for sure. But tastes and smells great
DSC_005851.JPG

The morning Glory, amazing plant:
DSC_005650.JPG

The LSD:
DSC_005458.JPG

Now, about the dried product:

All plants are very resinous. Each strain had it's own distinct smell. The strongest smell is definitely the blue cheese. The spiciest is going for the Morning glory. The sweetest goes to Violator Kush. And LSD well, She's not dry enough yet.

VIOLATOR KUSH:

Very very compact fruity buds. It's my favorite for the moment. I'll grow that again for sure. That plants grew nice secondary branches that had buds as compact as main colas. Very very nice plant. She gave me a bit above 60gs
VK.png

NYCD: My biggest deception of the grow. I don't like it's taste or smell although she produced nice blown beautiful colas. Perhaps it'll get better with the cure but meh, I'm not conviced.
NYCD.png

LSD: Little bushy plant, that took sooo long to mature. Smelled great in the box, but not dry yet. Can't say more about her but that it's the most resinous plant of this grow and that her buds are quite compact.
LSD.png

Morning Glory. Damn, that's some plant. Mostly Sativa. With deep red pistils and very compact buds.. Each time I open the box for the cure, it smells like fucking chocolate! Or is it caramel? Damn, I wonder if others growing this strain had the same thing.
MG.png

And finally, one of the blue cheese (the weigh is wrong there)
Interesting very very fragrant plants. BC1 & 2 were not fully mature. That's not as unfortunate as I also like not having a couch lock when smocking it. BC3, the 2m plant, well she turned out to be quite easy to trimm. Every pistils turned into over-fox-tailing calyxes. Very strange looking product but great taste stone and smell.
bc1.png

In the end, 375g of nice dense buds. Not counting the LSD (about 30g I think) I haven't trimmed yet the lower parts of dried plants so it should over 400g for this grow which is not that bad considering the lighting issues I had and the fact that 3 plants were not flowered to their end. So that makes about 0.7g/W. Only thing is, damn 93 days costs a lot on energy. It's about 20 days off schedule. Gotta fix that light stuff once and for all.

Overall, not counting the main stems, the dried weigh ratio bud/branches oscillates between 5 and 7. 1g of branch for 6g of bud. I'd take that anytime.

The most producing plant is definitely the BC3, that tall plant. She gave 80g of leafless calyxes. DAYUM.

That conclude my grow journal on 420. I hope you found uselfull information inside and appreciated reading it.

420!!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom