Kushtie - Multiple Strains - 600W HPS & NFT

It not blue himalayan diesel, i grew that before and it not look like that. Your sick plants look like they are suffering from lack of water. I had plants both in soil and hydro that looked like that years ago. Gave them a good watering and watched them perk up in front of my eyes within seconds. All looks good though and those that are losing colour in the fan leaves are doing what they should be doing towards the end of flowering. If you want to grow direct into the ground there then it looks like some serious prep is needed for next year. Bit of elbow grease with a half decent shovel/spade, turn soil with several bags of compost, leave over winter with some black bags or tarpaulin covering the patches you want to grow in next year. Covering the area should stop anything growing there and also keep the soil warm. If you can then dig the holes around 2' deep as you say the soil is rather peaty so will probably not be so good but should be ok with some compost. Am hoping to get an update on mine soon and hopefully the flies will have buzzed off as there are too many to deal with up there.

Sounds like MI5 is the most likely candidate for the purple ones then. Hopefully they should finish soon whatever they are....gonny try to get there with my camera and enough water to feed them so I can get some close ups.

I fed the wilting ones on my last visit anyway as I had taken stuff to feed them with. Will see if they have perked up any but I suspect it's a lesson on pot sizes for me....probably need bigger ones for plants that size.

Not sure I want to dig down into the peat though.....I suspect the peat will just suck the life out of any small amount of soil I put in it.

Sounds like MI5 is the most likely candidate for the purple ones then. Hopefully they should finish soon whatever they are....gonny try to get there with my camera and enough water to feed them so I can get some close ups.

I fed the wilting ones on my last visit anyway as I had taken stuff to feed them with. Will see if they have perked up any but I suspect it's a lesson on pot sizes for me....probably need bigger ones for plants that size.

Not sure I want to dig down into the peat though.....I suspect the peat will just suck the life out of any small amount of soil I put in it.

Probably best to stay away from the peat mate, especially this far into the growing season.

I'm guessing the ground will become very wet in the peat as autumn draws closer.

Probably best to stay away from the peat mate, especially this far into the growing season.

I'm guessing the ground will become very wet in the peat as autumn draws closer.

Now worries there bud....not moving any of this year's plants and we've seen how well things grow in the peat already.

Been a mad week or so......up North at the start of the week and playing catch up the rest of it. Didn't go out to see the outdoor ones as my NFT tanks were screaming for a res change after a week of neglect, and TBH, energy levels are still low after making the most of the expenses tab at the hotel bar so I couldn't really be arsed with the trek out there. The WW auto in soil didn't seem to appreciate the lack of watering either but the low down fan leaves seem to have taken the brunt of it so no real harm done hopefully.

Think this is something like +10 days on my last pic of the VK....
room2308-1.jpg

Was hoping to avoid scabby looking leaves on this run but hopefully the res change and increase of nutes to full strength will keep new growth green.

room2308-2.jpg

The one that had issues earlier (back left) is now the tallest but is still a bit paler and less bushy than the other 3. The WW auto in soil is on the right of pic.

And one of the VK roots exploring......

room2308-3.jpg

.....in a few weeks the mat should be completely covered in roots :)

Vk has got almost as high as I want so I'm going to bend them and spread them about, and probably build 2 screens.....one lower down with big holes to spread them out and one higher up to support heavy colas (think it was 2 or 3 weeks before the end that my last VK started falling about with the weight of the buds).

room2608-1.jpg

One of the WW auto, now stuck at the back of the room but once I raise the light a little bit she should get more even light over her. I just moved her a back a bit before this pic as the VK wanted some of the space she was in and the rafters meant I couldn't move her just a wee bit

room2608-2.jpg

Some from Thursday (day after we had very heavy rain).....

Russian Rocket Fuel with Mothers Finest in the background....
mud2908-1.jpg

Super Cali Haze on left, what I reckon is MI-5 in the middle and what's left of a White Widow Auto on the right. The empty pot at the back did have WW in it too but the slugs really seemed to like those ones....
mud2908-2.jpg

One of the MI-5 buds....
mud2908-3.jpg

Think we've gone past purple....it looks black to me!

A wee update on the outdoor lassies...

.....pics from Sunday and I went back Monday with more water and feed and to harvest the bigger of the 2 purple ones. Will let it dry out and see if there's any buds worth smoking but the weather was shite while it was flowering so it's mostly leaf and some bits that look like bud, only smaller lol :)

Weather seems to have picked up a bit, as you will hopefully see in the pics, so I've got my fingers crossed the ones that are flowering now will do better. I think a couple of them look more promising anyway......

Super Cali Haze on the left, a couple of what I think are MI-5 in the middle and a WW auto on the right:
mud0809-1.jpg

mud0809-3.jpg

mud0809-4.jpg

mud0809-5.jpg

mud0809-6.jpg

mud0809-7.jpg

Mothers Finest not completely dead.....given up on the one on the right but the one on the left is starting to look better after a couple of good feeds and some extra soil on top:
mud0809-8.jpg

Russian Rocket Fuel:
mud0809-9.jpg

mud0809-10.jpg

Will try to get some pics of the indoor ones when the light comes on ;)

Indoor pics.....

Violator Kush seems to be going OK, almost a week into flower with a flush planned for tomorrow to switch from veg nutes to bloom nutes (as per Ionic schedule).

room0809-1.jpg

The White Widow Auto in soil maybe doesn't look as good as she could though? She gets 4ml/litre of Plantmagic Oldtimer bloom nutes in tapwater but I've been guessing as to how much to water and when and know I've been off a few times....at least :)

room0809-2.jpg

How many plants you doing? 4 plants should get you around about 20oz, 5oz from each plant is do-able. If you could supplement your lighting with some cfl's round the sides that would help with the lower branches and fatten up those buds. Get some 30W bulbs which would help, or perhaps go bigger. Some hydro shops you can get 125W cfl's for around £30. If you do then get the purple spectrum so they will do for both flowering and vegging. If you only want it for flowering then just get the red spectrum and they dont require a ballast, just wire them in with your HPS timer. Perhaps consider harvesting the plants in 2 lots. Take the tops off when ready and then leave the lower branches for another week or two so they get more light and fatten up the buds further down. Res would require a quick blast of flower nutes for a few days before changing back to plain water for their final flush.

All is looking good there. Keep up the good work. That amount of greenery is gonna keep you occupied while you pull them down and trim them. Get your pal over to help you as that will take you a good few hours, hope you have holidays booked from work to get them done or guess what you will be doing on your day off :) not to mention the good amount of finger hash you will have once done.

Just a wee question for you. You have switched lighting to 12/12 for your VK then surely that is slowing the growth of your WW auto? Autos are best left on 18/6 are they now? Just my 2 cents worth. It is looking good but thought it would have packed on more weight with a longer light schedule.

Aye bud, got 4 vk in there and got over 7oz off the last one so hopefully not too optimistic looking for over 20. just doesn't look like much yet.

12/12 probably isn't doing the auto any favours but it's likely to be less than 10% of my yield this run either way. It's just a little something for variety anyway.

How's your outdoor ones? Most of mine are piddly and had bits of mould on the ones I chopped so it's been a bit disappointing so far.

Doesnt sound too optomistic. Look forward to getting some off you and putting the trim to good use.

Last update on mine was a couple of weeks ago. Hadnt started to flower then but am hoping it has started since then, it should have. Need to go out this week and give them a feed of pk 13/14 and also some molasses (black treacle i use) too. Will prob give them a heavy feed which should see them ok. They will have quite a big root structure and the plants can take a heavy feed. Hoping to get out on either thur or fri but also got half marathon training to fit in as well, this my last big mileage week before i taper.

Shame u got mould. Was that on the autos or the others? Autos should avoid that problem and also your strains may not be suited to our climate. If you go outdoor next year then get seeds that are suitable but you may want to force them to flower early, by mid aug so they finish by oct.

First the good news.....I found Jaffa cakes :)

The not so good news is I've not checked on the outdoors ones, my indoor ones got too big and my light is at max height. And I think the contractors fixing the living room I flooded when I went sleepwalking and ran a bath tippled I had weed in the attic....after I wouldn't let the plumber up there the decorator brought up the topic of Amsterdam and the menus they have at cafes.

Been a mission trying to keep my hydro girls topped up as by the time my kid goes to school the contractors are here and weekends haven't been much better. Tonight I managed to find a slot to get last week's waste down and flush both NFT tanks with fresh solution.

The WW auto in soil is frosting up beautifully......won't get a lot off it but I'm really looking forward to smoking it.

Jaffa cakes = good, contractors and plant height = bad. You may have to do some heavy training with your vk's to keep them down or you may fry the tops of them. Do you have enough to purchase a cool tube? That way the tops could remain relatively unscathed without the need ti trying to tie the higher branches down. Am sure you can figure out something so that the tops will continue to fatten up and not get fried.

I hear you bud and I see what others achieve with training but I don't want to have to do it every grow.

A taller grow space with better access to the canopy seem like a better long-term solution so once I'm done with all the work downstairs I'll start creating a space I can build a new grow room in. Don't fancy trying to move the VK as they are tied to the rafters to stop them falling over so I'll try to time it that I'm building the new room as these ones are flushing and the next lot of seedlings are in my veg cupboard as the new room will need some of the space the old room is in.

Tucking into a Mothers Finest bud today......much nicer now it's had a couple of months curing I reckon. Quite a peppery smoke and now very similar in flavour to stuff a mate grew a couple of crops ago but that now tastes very different to when it was just dried. His was nice when it was first down but I don't think mine was. Potent enough for when I've got shit to do.....the Violator Kush is running low so I'm trying to make it last a bit longer and it's verging on the too strong to smoke all day anyway :) (I reckon the violator bit in the name is because it makes you feel well fucked!)

Back
Top Bottom