420's 12/12 From Seed, SOG, Hydro NFT, Grow Journal

Thanks Scoobynew :) Well yes. But that requires an explanation. I've got an aquarium at home with tropical fishes. I make the seed germinate inside tamponed bits or rockwool, inside the aquarium. I put the rockwool inside a plastic box so that it floats. 90%HR and 26°C. Purrfect. As soon as they sprout, I put them under 125W CFL untill I see the first leaves.(about 6 hours) then I transplant them in bigger rockwool pads, inside the grotank. Usually at this point I can see the the first root coming out the bit of of rockwool. This operation requires a lot of preparation and order. At this point:

-receiving rockwool cubes must be tamponned for several hours in PH 5.5 water with a lill bit of root stimulator and N (I add about 0.1 EC of fertilizer)
-cover pads must be cut to fit the number of plants and the size of cubes.(As in the diagram shown in previous post)
-Additinnal light insulation is pasted on the cover. The insulation is larger than the cover (5 to 10 cm on each side)
-Nutrient film is put on top of the tank.
-Rockwool cubes are set in place on the nutrient film. (not transplanting yet)
-Pumps are tested and adjusted
-Put the cover on and let the rockwool be taller. I cut squared holes a bit larger than the cubes.
-Transplant very carefully. Press the rockwool a little bit to avoid pockets of air.
-cut an extra piece of white light insulator and put it at the base of the plants. Roots will love the absence of light. I systematically do that since I had some issues that made on grow very wrong with light reaching the root;
-Turn on light at 20cm distance

Usually I get 0.8g/W. a bit under 0.5 when it goes very wrong like spider. hope this one is a niner!

I know this is a very old post,but if you see this,when didyou change the light distance from 20cm to 60cm

No prob to grow 6 plants on your NFT setup in SOG.
The light distance changes about couples days into 12/12, max, to stimulate stretch. But you can set it up right when you switch in 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom