Mono's 12/12 From Seed - Test Grow

Judging by the bud formation I'm hazarding a guess that the flowering plants have come pretty close to finishing their stretch.

Time to flip to P and K over N in the feeding...

Jack Herer is looking as Sativa as she is meant to, greater internodal spacing than that of the Northern Lights Cross. Exactly what we were looking for :thumb:

So far the Northern Lights X Blueberry is looking to have been a good choice for another big plant. Bud Structure, and internode spacing is relatively tight, and they are forming fast like the indica they are meant to be. If she turns out to yield like the breeder says a 1kg plant might not be so wild after all ;)

I know, right.

Realistically, 12/12 from seed is not really going to yield much more than an ounce or two per plant... About the same as a 3-4 weeks of vegetative growth then flowering.

The main point of 12/12 from seed is the saving in electricity etc when compared to a 3 week veg on 18/6 or more... ;)

Still takes 12-13 weeks from seed to bud.

So, there is no veg? What about root development during flowering? I guess with that small of a yield there is not much development. However, I'm enjoying your grow.

Cheers

Sir mono. I did a litre to gallon conversion, so I could get an idea of how big there are based off the size of pot. But could you save my brain from excessive thinking and just measure their height?
I love 12/12 from seed grows, and especially b real's. My intention when I started my current grow was a 12/12,but my soil sucked so I changed in and dropped a couple of autos.

So, there is no veg? What about root development during flowering? I guess with that small of a yield there is not much development. However, I'm enjoying your grow.

Cheers

Cannabis plants must have a period of vegetative growth when growing from seed. It's during this time that they create a strong, well developed root system.

To ensure roots develop well, takes a little bit of experience to transplant up through pots at the right time. And reading the plants correctly to ensure they have at least a week in their final container to root it out during the end of veg and early stretch :)

The plants I have currently flowering have been on a 12/12 light cycle from germination. However, they have not been flowering since day 1.

Cannabis plants MUST undergo around 3-4 weeks growth before they can begin flowering. (From seed that is, they are already as mature as the mother from clone, so this only applies to seeds)

So basically the growth cycle of 12/12 from seed is =

Germination + Seedling stage (1 week) Where the plant moves from a seed, to a plant, to strong vegetative growth.

Vegetative (2-3 Weeks) Plant grows the same as any other cannabis plant on a vegetative light cycle

Flowering (Strain Dependent) As the flowering hormones begin to take hold the plant realizes it's flowering and only small so puts on a lot of growth during stretch, much more than a sexually mature plant (has shown sex through pre-flowers) then flowers the same as any other photoperiod plant.

Yield is roughly the same as a it would have been if the plant had been grown with three - four weeks of vegetative growth before inducing flowering.

Taste, potency and appearance are no different :)

Sir mono. I did a litre to gallon conversion, so I could get an idea of how big there are based off the size of pot. But could you save my brain from excessive thinking and just measure their height?
I love 12/12 from seed grows, and especially b real's. My intention when I started my current grow was a 12/12,but my soil sucked so I changed in and dropped a couple of autos.

Do you usually measure pot size by liters, gallons or centimeters?

I'm flowering the larger 12/12 from seed plants in 20ltr storage tubs.They measure -

Length = 17 inches
Width = 13 inches
Height = 10 inches

Hope that helps bud

millertm

This is the kind of plants you can get going 12/12 from seed. (all are plants I've grown before) Sativa dominant plants, and those from equatorial regions are genetically designed to grow 12/12 from seed as the outdoor light cycle is quite close to 12 hours day light and 12 hours darkness :)

Unknown Sativa
image1435.jpeg

Northen Lights X Unknown
image1431.jpeg

Critical Hog
image30879.jpg

Awesome reply. That's the info I was looking for about your grow. Up potting under 12/12 must be done correctly I'm guessing or yeild will take a hit if roots stop growing due to flowering.

Cheers

Awesome reply. That's the info I was looking for about your grow. Up potting under 12/12 must be done correctly I'm guessing or yeild will take a hit if roots stop growing due to flowering.

Cheers

Your welcome bud.

It's more that you want the plants to be continually growing a strong root system while they veg but to fill their final container during early flowering (stretch). Once you are past the first couple weeks of flowering you really don't want the plant growing roots as this is taking energy away from bud production.

Do you usually measure pot size by liters, gallons or centimeters?

I'm flowering the larger 12/12 from seed plants in 20ltr storage tubs.They measure -

Length = 17 inches
Width = 13 inches
Height = 10 inches

Hope that helps bud
I'm from the states,my brain is programmed to only function in gallons, inches, feet and miles.
I'm interested in the monster plant, didn't you have a "mono grows and pound" thread? I think someone did last year. Do you have a link?

I'm from the states,my brain is programmed to only function in gallons, inches, feet and miles.
I'm interested in the monster plant, didn't you have a "mono grows and pound" thread? I think someone did last year. Do you have a link?

I see, much the same as the uk then ;) Although we are liters, feet, inches, meters and centimeters haha.

I've had a number of journals on this site, unfortunately the last couple have been plagued with security issues causing early harvests. I will have a look and post the links on here when I find them. If not they will be somewhere in completed journals ;)

Your welcome bud.
It's more that you want the plants to be continually growing a strong root system while they veg but to fill their final container during early flowering (stretch). Once you are past the first couple weeks of flowering you really don't want the plant growing roots as this is taking energy away from bud production.

Mono mate I've done a side by side where 1 plant was transplanted 1 week before flower into a 75 litre pot and the other into a 50 litre pot, the plant that went into the bigger pot and did not get rootbound or fill it's container out performed the other by 3. 7 oz.

Same strain nutes room everything, root's filling a pot or becoming rootbound costs you buds

I would have thought so too based on watching the root systems continue to grow throughout flowering on all my hydro girls....if they're still firing out white pistils it would appear they are still growing roots to support more bud.

Hmm, transplanting half way through flowering might be a thought in that instance then?

Back
Top Bottom