Mono's Monster 2.0

Looking good there mono. I was reading doc buds blog on washing at it was this paragraph that sold me.

Was exactly the same paragraph that got me too. Especially considering we grow loads of veg during the summer and wash after picking... Seems to make perfect sense to do it with the buds too.

Another round of training this evening. She is growing nicely, and I'm pretty pleased with her final shape so it's time for a bit of pruning. Going to remove all the little 'sucker' buds that are growing down low, I don't think I will go too crazy with this plant as most of the lower buds are well formed anyway.

Possibly have to do some more defoliation to expose a couple more colas to the light ;)

Those lower smaller buds can be picked at and smoked in the meantime. Or just make some qwiso or bubble hash with it. There is always a way to get something smokeable even from the crappest of stuff.

I've heard of a few people doing this - always wondered if the hash made is nearly as potent as the edibles made from early trim.

Well...

I put it off for another couple of days. In the last 24 hours she has drank 18 litres of feed ( mixed at 40 litres of canna coco a + b to 10 litres of water. Using dolomite lime for cal / mag and a bit of root stimulator)

Didn't seem worth while tripping her up.

This is what I'm going to remove before the weekend

image11457.jpeg

Our bubble bags came yesterday. We are so close to our first harvest. So exciting!

If you haven't made bubble hash before i would advise watching a youtube video made by subcool with apollo 13 strain. I use his method with 1 or 2 tweaks of my own.

Bubble hash - Pics and questions - this link will take you to what i said re making bubble hash and also the video i mentioned is there too. He only does 1 run, i do 3 plus 1 extra with 1 bag. That link will show you my posts on how i do things. Trust me and take the time to read it, it only 2 pages worth of posts so wont take you too long. Follow that method in the video along with my method outlined in it and you'll end up with killer bubble hash.

If you haven't made bubble hash before i would advise watching a youtube video made by subcool with apollo 13 strain. I use his method with 1 or 2 tweaks of my own.

Bubble hash - Pics and questions - this link will take you to what i said re making bubble hash and also the video i mentioned is there too. He only does 1 run, i do 3 plus 1 extra with 1 bag. That link will show you my posts on how i do things. Trust me and take the time to read it, it only 2 pages worth of posts so wont take you too long. Follow that method in the video along with my method outlined in it and you'll end up with killer bubble hash.

Thanks for that mate, had a read through. The method in the video is much the same as the method I've used before - I generally make butter from trim / popcorn buds as seem to get more from it in the long run.

An ounce of trim makes enough butter for Mrs Mono and I to get high every night for a month. The bubble never lasts more than a week :laugh:

I'm going to have another run at bubble hash this weekend then use the trim to make butter. The thinking behind it being the hash will contain mainly THC, leaving a high cbd content for the butter...

This is the last hash I made

image10886.jpeg

I should do that too but cant be arsed making butter. Medibles can be very potent and with kids and my job (driving) then I dont wanna get too ripped all the time. Medibles are nice for a change and a wee blow out but much prefer smoking bubble. I agree bubble doesnt last long but i like it and smoke it in joints, not one for a pipe ir a bong.

It's almost to perfect mono... Awesome man. You must have the biggest smile and feel so proud when you really admire her....and you should... expect reps every update, lol.. I'd get to attached to something like that, wouldn't want her to finish, lol, if you know what I mean...

It's almost to perfect mono... Awesome man. You must have the biggest smile and feel so proud when you really admire her....and you should... expect reps every update, lol.. I'd get to attached to something like that, wouldn't want her to finish, lol, if you know what I mean...

Thanks Bud! It certainly is a pleasure growing this plant in particular, If I could keep her growing indefinitely she would make a wonderful house bush to show off to everyone who comes round. Shame it's illegal lol

Update

That's us now at the end of 5 weeks flowering (day 35)

The auto's came down today - quick decarb and into the pile for butter to be made at the weekend ;)

I took the big girl out the grow space and gave her a tidy up and removed all of the smaller buds. To be fair, there was only really a dozen or so buds that were showing little signs of becoming producers.

Another heavy feed again tonight at lights on, looking to begin flushing in the next 7 - 10 days ;)

IMG_2472_1_.JPG
IMG_2476_1_1.JPG
IMG_2473_1_.JPG
IMG_2477_1_1.JPG

That looks like mucho goodness. Would love a plant like that. What you expecting to pull off that? Be good to see a photo taken with something we can compare size of against it.

What strain is it again?

Thanks Bud! I will be happy with a half kilo harvest from her - But knowing this strain she has yet to put on any weight, another week or so and she will begin to fatten up so hopefully somewhere in the 600 - 700 gram range should be possible ;)

She measures 92 cm x 96 cm wide. The longest buds are over 40cm long... Strain is Northern Lights Blue from Delicious Seeds

A little bit about the strain -

Northern Light Blue is the result of crossing our own special Northern Light mother with an original clone of DJ Short’s authentic Blueberry. It gives us a strain with exceptional qualities, fine-tuning two of the world’s most famous indicas. It has very dense foliage and compact growth. But don’t be fooled as this is a plant that can reach a considerable size indoors and outdoors and grow taller than plants with more sativa in their genes.

Well suited to any type of grow method or system, it’s resistant to pruning and thrives in SCROG or SOG systems. It produces thick secondary branches that are strong enough to support its large flowers. The buds give off a very intense and pleasant aroma. The fragrance is sweet and slightly acidic like strawberry or forest fruits. The taste is also intense and slightly bittersweet like cherry or even grapes but with hints of incense and pine.

A complex taste that reveals new layers with each toke. Needless to say, the taste is enhanced when vapourised. The effect is markedly relaxing though not at all narcotic, making it ideal for undertaking all kinds of mental or physical activity. It might be said that this is a strain without side effects.

Back
Top Bottom