Mono's 12/12 From Seed - Test Grow

I think I will need to start doing some more research on coco and how it can be used to up the yield that bit more ;). Before I do a proper update, here is a bud shot of the NL Blue, she has been flowering just under four weeks.

IMG_2151_1_.JPG

Interesting... I've just completed my first coco grow and experienced none of the issues you mentioned. I'd be interested in seeing a side by side of both methods. Mebbe I'll try it later this year. I was lead to believe that drying out was necessary to help the roots take in more oxygen which is what makes coco so similar to hydro. I completely understand your line of thinking too. Defs requires some research!
Things are looking awesome! Your flower tent is mighty full. :)

Thanks for the kind words bud. It's never easy finding the correct information as everyone has a different method that works, or a different experience.

Coco seems to work well with drip feeding etc which keeps the medium uniformly moist the whole time. I have read though that coco can be treated like soil.

Who knows lol ;)

So, I threw two seedlings into the tent but was not impressed with growth. Whats your secret?

Cheers

I keep my coco watered every day unless theres water still left in the catch pan from the day before. But usually the plant sucks it dry within 24hrs. I'm using smart pots so air to the roots is no issue, and watering everyday means not much salt buildup. So far the only problems I've run into are plants that get too tall, and nute burn.

A girlfriend once taught me some Scottish that her dad used from time to time:thumb:
Soo Its a brawn brich moonlich nich tinich Aye if You understood any of that 420 Reps ++ great to see you posting pictures of your delights :thumb:

You forgot the Mrs Wright bit on the end lol. Bit cloudy for the moon here tonight...it's fair still oot there the noo ;)

Realistically, 12/12 from seed is not really going to yield much more than an ounce or two per plant... About the same as a 3-4 weeks of vegetative growth then flowering.

The main point of 12/12 from seed is the saving in electricity etc when compared to a 3 week veg on 18/6 or more... ;)

Still takes 12-13 weeks from seed to bud.

I would say you are wrong about 12/12 from seed not yielding more than 1 - 2 ounces per plant, I grew a couple of malawis 12/12 and one yielded 100 grams dried and the other one 118 grams, and a napalm I also grew 12/12 also yielded 100 grams dried. You can get good yields going 12/12.

I would say you are wrong about 12/12 from seed not yielding more than 1 - 2 ounces per plant, I grew a couple of malawis 12/12 and one yielded 100 grams dried and the other one 118 grams, and a napalm I also grew 12/12 also yielded 100 grams dried. You can get good yields going 12/12.

Sounds like you were growing long flowering sativa dominant strains. Their natural light conditions are very close to 12/12.

I agree, that 12/12 from seed CAN yield more than 1-2 ounces per plant, but in my experience over the last 8 years is the average yield going 12/12 from seed is about 2 ounces per plant.

Sounds like you were growing long flowering sativa dominant strains. Their natural light conditions are very close to 12/12.

I agree, that 12/12 from seed CAN yield more than 1-2 ounces per plant, but in my experience over the last 8 years is the average yield going 12/12 from seed is about 2 ounces per plant.

Check these out, all grown 12/12 from seed :

Hmm, whatever happened to all the photos in my gallery ?, cant even get them up. has 420 changed the layout of the website ? So how do you upload photos now ?
Anyway here is a link to the 420 page displaying the plants I grew under 12/12. Been a while since I've been on here.

Beav's Zamaldelica & Malawi Grow 2017

Back
Top Bottom