Mono's Monster 2.0

Are you sure it ready to be harvested? You dont wanna go too soon. Best to leave it a bit longer especially if you like to be couchlocked.

For us, yes. Most would let it go another week at the most but one of the reasons for choosing this strain is it's extremely quick flowering time. I didn't believe it but the 12/12 from seed test grow I did of this strain had it coming in just before 8 weeks of flowering. This one seemed a little quicker... Possibly due to it being sexually mature when I changed to 12/12 so it was ready to go straight off the bat.

It's exactly where Mrs Mono and I like it to be - when it's time to get glued to the sofa that's where edibles come in ;) She is showing around 60% cloudy on the lower buds (these will go in the butter pile anyway) the main colas we plan on smoking are 80 - 90% cloudy with a little clear.

Should serve well for a daytime or evening bud :)

All sounds good then.

I had a disaster with one of my babies yesterday. Around 5pm the wind picked up and one of them got snapped right at the base near the soil. I was out at the time so didnt find out about it till i got in around 8.30pm and the mrs told me. I went straight to work on it - sat it upright and placed fresh soil/perlite round the base holding it upright. Am hoping this will do the job. I now have straws so will gently move the soil and place a straw around it for extra support. Will also put straws round the rest of the plants stems so that if the wind happens to pick up they will not get blown over. Am hoping she pulls through as it a russian rocket fuel and that makes some bangin bubble hash!

Your like I'm nowadays Mono, I used to love me some couch lock, yet now I'm,a wake and bake every day guy, even at work lol so I like me some workable weed :)

Same here bud, especially over the last 12 - 18 months. Been putting more effort and better trim into making butter, don't seem to smoke as much on an evening. Sit down, have some biscuit and a few beers and I'm higher than I could get smoking lol.

All the buds seem to be smoked during the day and like you said... It needs to be workable ;)

All sounds good then.

I had a disaster with one of my babies yesterday. Around 5pm the wind picked up and one of them got snapped right at the base near the soil. I was out at the time so didnt find out about it till i got in around 8.30pm and the mrs told me. I went straight to work on it - sat it upright and placed fresh soil/perlite round the base holding it upright. Am hoping this will do the job. I now have straws so will gently move the soil and place a straw around it for extra support. Will also put straws round the rest of the plants stems so that if the wind happens to pick up they will not get blown over. Am hoping she pulls through as it a russian rocket fuel and that makes some bangin bubble hash!

Disaster!

So long as the stem isn't broken through she should come away fine, although I'm sure she will be slower than the others for a couple of weeks.

Did you tie anything around the break? Insulated (electricians) tape works really well for this as it gives ample support to the limb but also helps to prevent any disease or infection getting into the plant.

Well,

Here she is on her final night :high-five:

IMG_2547_1_1.JPG
IMG_2549_1_.JPG
IMG_2551_1_.JPG

Disaster!

So long as the stem isn't broken through she should come away fine, although I'm sure she will be slower than the others for a couple of weeks.

Did you tie anything around the break? Insulated (electricians) tape works really well for this as it gives ample support to the limb but also helps to prevent any disease or infection getting into the plant.

The stem was hanging on by a slither so not sure if it will pull through or not. Didnt even think about tape, i was more anxious to get it upright and sorted. If i had been there when it happened then i would have had time to do a quick bit of research. The break was right at soil level so putting tape on would have been nigh on impossible hence the reason i used fresh soil and gave a good watering too. Also compacted the soil (not mega hard) to aid support. May try put some tape round it later if you guys think it would be worth doing over 24 hours since it happened?

The stem was hanging on by a slither so not sure if it will pull through or not. Didnt even think about tape, i was more anxious to get it upright and sorted. If i had been there when it happened then i would have had time to do a quick bit of research. The break was right at soil level so putting tape on would have been nigh on impossible hence the reason i used fresh soil and gave a good watering too. Also compacted the soil (not mega hard) to aid support. May try put some tape round it later if you guys think it would be worth doing over 24 hours since it happened?

Sounds like you have done all you can to be honest. Since it's 24 hours after the break she will already have began to heal herself.

If the little seedling hasn't wilted or began to die she should pull through ;)

3.5 hours into the mission

I've been washing the buds as I go - Just using hot and cold water, not sure there is any need for lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide with this grow as I've not had any pest or mould issues.

Some freshly washed buds...

IMG_2559_1_.JPG

And the cycle continues, changed the flowering space into a drying / veg space for the next round of plants

IMG_2557_1_.JPG

Sounds like you have done all you can to be honest. Since it's 24 hours after the break she will already have began to heal herself.

If the little seedling hasn't wilted or began to die she should pull through ;)

Well i had a wee poke around the stem by GENTLY moving the soil a wee bit at a time. I cant see the break nor can i see a knot forming. I didnt dig too far down just in case. I didnt go with any tape, i just got some straws and splinted all the plants for extra support. The leaves on the broken plant were wilting before the break but have perked up since adding soil and giving a water. It should make it. Check my signature for latest pics.

Great job mono. Enjoy trimming and drying.

Btw - do you trim then wash, or wash then trim? I think it be easier to trim then wash.

Good day to you kind sir :Namaste: Have been following this one silently and also had a look at the first monster you did, this plant looks epic to say the least :jawdropper: inspiration for sure!! Hope number 3 brings you that magical 1g-1w or more goal

Thank you very much for the kind words bud! The final yield from this one was a little less than I had hoped but still very pleased with the results ;)

:cheer:

Buds have been washed, dried, and now put into jars to begin curing.

Final weight at start of cure is just over 430g just shy of a pound. I had hopped to get a little closer to the 600g mark with this one, and I think the slightly early harvest may have caused a (very slight) loss of yield.

I expect the weight to drop slightly again as the buds cure, so all in all it's a 400g harvest of only main colas ;)

Back
Top Bottom