Mono's Monster 2.0

IMG_2506_1_.JPG
IMG_2508_2_.JPG
IMG_2511_1_1.JPG

Fabulous looking buds mono, you certainly know your craft.

:thumb:

Thanks bud :)

Mono's monster 3.0 is (hopefully) putting out some roots as she isn't doing much else... The four afghan seeds have germinated and went into their pots of coco. They are going to be growing outside this summer but I'm not fully decided if I am going to allow them to flower outside or not.

A quick flash shot until the lights come on ;)

IMG_2518_1_1.JPG

Thanks bud :)

Mono's monster 3.0 is (hopefully) putting out some roots as she isn't doing much else... The four afghan seeds have germinated and went into their pots of coco. They are going to be growing outside this summer but I'm not fully decided if I am going to allow them to flower outside or not.

A quick flash shot until the lights come on ;)

IMG_2518_1_1.JPG

That plant is amazing. How long do you veg to get that size & how many times have you topped if it wasn't lst?

I assume you're unsure about where to flower because of the famous Scottish weather, all seasons in an afternoon type thing lol? makes it impossible to predict, I assume even the weather forecast gets it quite often wrong. I'm sure you'll make the right decision though.

:Namaste:

That plant is amazing. How long do you veg to get that size & how many times have you topped if it wasn't lst?

I assume you're unsure about where to flower because of the famous Scottish weather, all seasons in an afternoon type thing lol? makes it impossible to predict, I assume even the weather forecast gets it quite often wrong. I'm sure you'll make the right decision though.

I'm not entirely sure how long she was in veg for - Realistically she was 'in veg' for about five to six weeks before I flowered her. Had been hopping to grow her out for a few more weeks before flipping to 12/12 but Mrs Mono forced my hand by planning a surprise trip away lol.

I didn't top this plant (I don't think). But she was bent in every possible direction... I also used a screen at times to flatten her out. The biggest difficulty was keeping the middle of the plant as low as possible whilst allowing her to grow out horizontally. She has certainly taught me some good lessons for the third solo plant.

As for the outdoor plants... Bang on the money. Where I live is very rural, but we are up on a hill and exposed to quite high winds come autumn... And we have had snow in July :hmmmm: I could flower them in the greenhouse or poly tunnel but the sun never seems to be strong enough for the dense buds the HPS provides lol

A little off topic but...

I posted this on B.real 's thread and figured I may just pop it here too -

I've been doing some reading regarding flushing and I think on my current grow I'm not going to flush at all.. Just feed right up until harvest. There is mixed opinions on it, but quite a few 'sources' have raised issues with potentially stressing the plant by not providing nutrients during the final week or two of growth.

Since this is a time when the buds put on quite a lot of their final weight, it makes sense that not providing nutrients could harm the overall yield. Will be very interesting to see if it affects the taste much at all as what I have been reading seems to suggest that properly drying and curing is more important to flavour than flushing. (providing there is no nutrient burn etc)

A little food for thought when it comes to squeezing every last gram from the plant ;)

A little off topic but...

I posted this on B.real 's thread and figured I may just pop it here too -

I've been doing some reading regarding flushing and I think on my current grow I'm not going to flush at all.. Just feed right up until harvest. There is mixed opinions on it, but quite a few 'sources' have raised issues with potentially stressing the plant by not providing nutrients during the final week or two of growth.

Since this is a time when the buds put on quite a lot of their final weight, it makes sense that not providing nutrients could harm the overall yield. Will be very interesting to see if it affects the taste much at all as what I have been reading seems to suggest that properly drying and curing is more important to flavour than flushing. (providing there is no nutrient burn etc)

A little food for thought when it comes to squeezing every last gram from the plant ;)

Interesting mono. I'm near the end so will need to start thinking about when to flush. I have something called florakleen, part of the floraseries which is used to flush the medium clean, but haven't used it yet. I was thinking like you about the possibility of reducing the flushing time, in my case I thought to continue feeding until the last week then use the florakleen before finishing with water only. Bear in my mind I've been a very light feeder, even now I only use 1/4 strength but feeding more often. I'm guessing though that one or two weeks isn't going to make much of a difference unless you're in hydro.

I even thought that next time before flowering I would add a banana peel in the soil since they provide lots of potassium & phosphorus which is great for budding. It would take a few weeks I think for them to start releasing these trace elements & so when you begin flushing they'll still absorb those precious organic nutrients with no ill effect. Just a thought.

Interesting mono. I'm near the end so will need to start thinking about when to flush. I have something called florakleen, part of the floraseries which is used to flush the medium clean, but haven't used it yet. I was thinking like you about the possibility of reducing the flushing time, in my case I thought to continue feeding until the last week then use the florakleen before finishing with water only. Bear in my mind I've been a very light feeder, even now I only use 1/4 strength but feeding more often. I'm guessing though that one or two weeks isn't going to make much of a difference unless you're in hydro.

I even thought that next time before flowering I would add a banana peel in the soil since they provide lots of potassium & phosphorus which is great for budding. It would take a few weeks I think for them to start releasing these trace elements & so when you begin flushing they'll still absorb those precious organic nutrients with no ill effect. Just a thought.

Thanks for that bud... It's always hard to change up from what everyone has classed as 'the norm'. Although, I'm not too sold on flushing and how much influence it actually has on the overall taste of the final product.

Back to some more research haha

She is getting closer to harvest. More and more hairs are beginning to turn orange, and buds are looking obviously fatter each day ;) In another week or so I will begin to take a closer look at the trichomes.

In terms of water/nutrient uptake she is slowing a little... Down from the average of 10 litres per day to a closer average of 7 litres per day.

I'm still feeding her ;)

IMG_2525_1_.JPG
IMG_2527_1_.JPG
IMG_2529_1_.JPG

another week or two to go.. all I can say is wow. congrats on the baby as well.

Back
Top Bottom