Mono's Monster 2.0

Now along for the ride. What size pots did you put your autos in? I was gonna suggest moving your autos under your other light for 20/4 or 18/6. Longer light would be better but as kushtie said 12/12 will mean they take longer to finish. Perhaps once lights go off is move them under the other light for another 6-8 hours. Just a suggestion.

That monster is huge by the way. Look forward to seeing the end result. And that bubble hash looks awesome in an earlier post.

Thanks Guys! I'm really pleased so far with how well she is growing, and the simplicity of bottom feeding when using coco in fabric pots ;)

Mono's Monster 3.0 is soaking in water just now - After this grow I am away for two weeks on a 'surprise' trip with Mrs Mono (I have no idea where we are going, No amount of questioning will persuade her to reveal the answer) but I am going to set this plant up on a drip system and hopefully flip to flowering the day we get back.

For the third monster we will be growing OG Kush from the breeder Dinafem. All my seeds are purchased from the sponsor herbies and this one is a freebie from the last purchase ;)

A little info and breeder statistics from their website -

OG Kush cannabis seeds by Dinafem Seeds belong to a feminized Indica-dominant cannabis strain that results from the cross between a Lemon Thai/Pakistani and a Chemdawg. It is a high-quality, exotic hybrid that has achieved great success both in the USA and in the rest of the world.

OG Kush carries the initials OG, which stand for Ocean Green, as according to a legend, it used to be grown by the seashore. Very much appreciated in California, it is one of rap stars' and marijuana connoisseurs' favourites. It grows into a stunning, fast-flowering, easy-to-grow, small/medium-sized marijuana plant that produces compact, resinous buds with such an intoxicating aroma that it requires the use of anti-odour filters.

OG Kush cannabis seed performs well indoors, particularly in small spaces and with SOG. Outdoors it enjoys temperate/Mediterranean climates and the greenhouse. It will give a tropical touch to your garden and will seduce you with its taste and aromatic properties.

The flavour and aroma of OG Kush are very fruity, with notes of Diesel, berries and citrus fruit. The powerful effect is cerebral at first, evolving quickly towards a pleasant, relaxing, heavy high. It is the perfect cannabis strain to rest deeply.

Characteristics of OG Kush cannabis seeds

Suitable for indoors and outdoors
Sex: feminized
Genotype: 75% Indica /25% Sativa
Cross: Lemon Thai/Pakistani x Chemdawg
Indoor flowering period: 55 days
Outdoor harvest time: early/mid-October
Indoor yield: 550 g/m2
Outdoor yield: 1100 g/plant
Outdoor height: 3 m (approximately)
THC: very high (up to 24%)

Now along for the ride. What size pots did you put your autos in? I was gonna suggest moving your autos under your other light for 20/4 or 18/6. Longer light would be better but as kushtie said 12/12 will mean they take longer to finish. Perhaps once lights go off is move them under the other light for another 6-8 hours. Just a suggestion.

That monster is huge by the way. Look forward to seeing the end result. And that bubble hash looks awesome in an earlier post.

Hey matey!

I had been deliberating whether or not to move the auto's under the smaller HPS to extend the day light - like you said they seem to require as much light as possible to produce good flowers. To be totally honest though, there is a high chance they are just going to be harvested when the big one is done and be used for butter if they are not ready lol.

Seems like a waste though ;)

Thanks for the kind words fella, have you got a grow on the go at the mo?

Be interesting to see how much you yield from 8L pots. Check my signature link for my grow. Beans get sown this week and my link tells you all the rest of my intended grow. Got a few outdoors and gonna do a couple on the balcony at home as it faces south and is a backup to recoup costs in case outdoor grow doesnt work but it should do. Let me know your thoughts on my thread and anything you would suggest. It exciting to see new posts on my thread but even more exciting to grow plants.

Sent you a PM aw well.

We are getting there, slowly but surely. Day 26 of 12/12

Only 30 more days to go... Give or take a few ;)

image11084.jpeg
image11087.jpeg
image11085.jpeg
image11086.jpeg

Strange that OG Kush is listed as a small to medium sized plant, because all mine grew the tallest out of all the strains i've done so far.

Interesting.

I had always figured it to be a squat indica plant. Although, more I read about the strain it seems that some phenos can be quite heavy on the sativa side... Almost 50/50 in some cases.

Day 28

That's us coming to the end of week four on 12/12 and all is well ;). Annoyingly we have visitors this weekend so the lights will not be coming back on until Sunday evening - Bit of a pain in the ass but it doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the plants. Although I'm sure the auto's are not going to be too happy about it.

I will get some pics up shortly. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

:volcano-smiley:

How come you cant put the lights on while you have visitors? Surely they would smell them anyway. A bit of an extended period of darkness wont do them any harm, may actually help.

Bud washing - be interesting to hear and see your views on it. Perhaps best to do a side by side run and then judge for yourself or judge with some pals. Let them look at a bud of washed and unwashed and then smoke one of each - true unbiased comparison then. I take it you read the thread on here re bud washing? It sonething like 94 pages and it took a while to get through it. I have potentially 18 plants to wash, that gonna take a fair bit of time. Just may wash a handful of buds/plants to see how it goes myself.

My seeds been soaking for 25 hours, now between paper towels and had 3 taproots showing after soaking.

I did some bud washing on my Amnesia Lemon. Growing in coco unless you use some stinky foliar sprays or have pet hairs or some other stuff. The washing won't have much effect. The baking soda and lemon water just sanitize the buds and gets rid of any debris or chemicals. Like in Doc's kit you use a lot of foliar sprays with fishy ferts and what not so bud washing in this case would be well worth it. Its also good if you have any concern about mold as the wash will kill any spores that may have started on the plant.

How come you cant put the lights on while you have visitors? Surely they would smell them anyway. A bit of an extended period of darkness wont do them any harm, may actually help.

Bud washing - be interesting to hear and see your views on it. Perhaps best to do a side by side run and then judge for yourself or judge with some pals. Let them look at a bud of washed and unwashed and then smoke one of each - true unbiased comparison then. I take it you read the thread on here re bud washing? It sonething like 94 pages and it took a while to get through it. I have potentially 18 plants to wash, that gonna take a fair bit of time. Just may wash a handful of buds/plants to see how it goes myself.

My seeds been soaking for 25 hours, now between paper towels and had 3 taproots showing after soaking.

The plants are in the under stairs cupboard, so you would see the tell tale lights glowing under the door. Plus I use an old magnetic ballast, the hum would be a dead give away when the lights kick on. The extraction fan / carbon filter is running 24/7 on full flow never a smell to be found ;)

I had a read through the 'tutorial' section of the bud washing thread and it seemed to be a very interesting concept. if there is no degradation to the buds it can't do any harm :)

Back
Top Bottom