Kushtie - Multiple Strains - 600W HPS & NFT

Well me and my mrs have been tucking into the mf that we salvaged from what you gave us. It is a really nice smoke and has been curing for around 6/7 weeks. Had hoped to not touch any of it till next month but decided seen as it was there we may as well. Also started on some of the bubble. The rrf bubble gives a full body stone and any pain my mrs has is completely gone with it. The mf bubble is something else - it is insane. Also made some qwiso with a wee bit of all the bits of bubble hash. Forgot to weigh it before i did it but reckon there was around 0.75g-1g and yielded around 0.5g of oil. Very difficult to scrape off the blade as it hardened up pretty quick and ended up being a taffy like consistency (sort of softish toffee like). That stuff does blow your mind.

That vk of yours sounds good. Cant wait to try it and cant wait to see what bubble i get from that.

If space is a factor for your grows how about investing in a grow tent? That will give you a 6'-7' high box in which to grow. Minus a foot for the light and res trays but that will still give you plenty of room for some nice big plants. You know how much those strains you're growing will stretch during flower so you can utilize the tents grow space to maximum rather than guessing how much they will stretch. Mine haven't stretched at all yet even though they have started to flower.

Good to hear you're enjoying the MF too.....was worried I might have to chuck it when I first tasted it but it's turned out not bad. Potency wise mine is, I reckon, at least as good as the stuff I've had off 2 other growers that don't use pH pens or flush weekly.

My tanks got an extra flush this morning.......got up to the sound of one pump splashing on a mix of air and water and by the time I got solution mixed the other pump was doing the same. Only had 10 or so litres of water to play with though so am going to try to get another 30+ litres up here today even although the bairn is in and a decorator due.

Or I could use the taps on my combi boiler.....if I take off the intake you use to top up the system I can probably use it but don't really want to mess with an expensive boiler that might take an engineer in my attic to sort out.

Would love to just be able to buy a tent and stick it in my attic but all the ones I've seen are square(ish) and my space is triangular so if I went for a tent it wouldn't be as tall as a room I could build and I'd have to cut holes in the tent to feed the rafters through. Current plan is just to use that silver bubblewrap stuff and attach it to the rafters with roofing tacks like the growroom I built for one of my mates last year with a 60L NFT setup but you guys haven't seen that....my current growroom was built out of the left over material.

PS. couple of hours have passed since I started typing as the decorator came. But now he's gone and the Mrs has the bairn out the house so water situation is now under control again :)

I had problems with my nft with the hose detaching from the pump. Happened on a few occasions which was a pain.

Didnt realise you meant constructing a grow room in the attic. Take it you dont have a cupboard or other space for a grow tent?

If you ever have problems with a grow not tasting quite right dont ever chuck it. Keep it sealed away in jar somewhere and come back to it after a couple of months and it should be ok. If it still doesnt taste right then make something with it. Oils or bubble is always a good bet or just sell it to some of your pals. Use the money to invest in perhaps an LED lighting system. Will help keep the temps down in the attic especially over the winter. Last thing you want is snow during winter and your roof has no snow on it - would look a bit odd.

Glad your grow is going ok and you managed to get things sorted. Am hoping to get out again this week and post up some new pics. Will just take 2 of each plant and post up. Hoping to now see some explosive growth.

Take it you dont have a cupboard or other space for a grow tent?

Not any more as I knocked walls down to make bigger rooms.

My attic is about 10m x 5m.....even taking into account the lack of height at the sides and the access through the floor I've probably got enough space to build a room that could house 4 600W bulbs up there. There's just a slight matter of years of accumulated junk and somewhere to put my PC, comfy chair and ashtray.

Well the junk and that I don't want to run 4 600W bulbs.....a nice space for 1 bulb would do if can grow 20+oz in 10-12 weeks with it. If I can grow it at a rate of a couple of ounces a week I should only need one bulb.....I'm not that greedy yet lol :)

Ww auto looks about finished. ..all the hairs have gone brown so need to get some close ups to see how the trichs look. Looking forward to my first amoke of ww even if it is just an auto rather than the original.

Been busy today building a new grow room. Got 3 walls up and the plants moved in although it's not pretty and I've got a shit load of tying up still to do.

Needed done though....had buds above the light and loads getting frazzled. The light was about as high as i could get it and getting swamped with growth.

Pics soon...too tired, stoned and drunk now :)

This was the problem....

room2509-1.jpg

....not sure if this was the right solution....

room2509-2.jpg

Those pics are from the other day and there's much more string in there now but still more stringing up to do. Crazy stretch caused me a crazy amount of work but now I have a shiny (but not as shiny as it will be eventually) new grow room :)

PS. did you spot the light in the first pic? It's not on but it's in there!

Went out to see the outdoor ones yesterday and found both the RRFs going mouldy so I chopped and chucked them.

Only got 1 SCH auto, 1 tiny WW auto and 1 MF left out there. I don't hold much hope for any of them making it now so it's looking like I won't get anything from outside that I want to smoke. The SCH is turning purple (don't think it's supposed to!), the WW is at best a few joints worth and the MF photo period has barely even started flowering.

Some pics of the outdoor ones from yesterday.

Mouldy Russian Rocket Fuel.....
mud2809-1.jpg

(Mothers Finest in the background)

Super Cali Haze is 140(ish) days old and still not finished....
mud2809-2.jpg

And the only WW auto that barely survived the slugs....
mud2809-3.jpg

Walked away disappointed with empty hands, but sticky after pulling the smaller RRF apart to see if there was anything worth taking home. On closer inspection there was mould starting on lots of buds and it wasn't worth the effort so I just chucked it well away from the remaining plants.

Disappointing to hear that your outdoor plants didnt amount to much. I think the photoperiod plants need to be force flowered around end of july/begin on august with being this far north. Only practical to do that if you can attend to the plants at 12 hour intervals for 3 or 4 days - black bag on and off to simulate 12/12, it still too light up here in august to be flowering (inverness would be worse as it doesnt get dark during the summer!)

If you can then take your plants home and stick them in your grow room. If not feasible then you just have to hope that you get something from them. Also your mould problems may stem from the fact that those strains are not resistant to mould and you have been unfortunate. It has been dry for the past wee while so am surprised they got mould this early on and it unfortunate you couldnt salvage something from them. You could have chopped what you had and made some brownies. The heat woukd have killed off the mould spores and digesting them wouldnt have caused you any health problems.

The sch looks healthy enough and should make it to harvest. The purple hue will be due to the cold temps (i think). The mothers finest also looks healthy enough.

Sticky hands is not a bad thing - did you get some finger hash from it?

Lessons are learned from growing outdoors for both of us. Photos need force flowered and autos need to go out as early as possible. Slug pellets need laid down to keep those critters at bay. And if you do want to do outdoor again and you can get a greenhouse then go for it. Keep it (or them hidden) and set it up with gloves - keeps fingerprints off it.

At least you have your indoor harvest to look forward to so all in all it not a complete disaster. I just dont have that luxury of growing inside, even a small grow wouldnt be allowed by my other half. But i do think she may let me grow again next year as after giving her an update on my plants yesterday (update on my profile later on) she said it was free smoke and it was a learning curve. Not a learning curve if i wasnt going to do it again.

Yeah man, been thinking about taking a chance on bringing the autos home so I could see them finish.

I haven't added up what I ended up spending on the outdoor experiment but I've learned from it and if the weather had been better mid-summer I'd have had more luck with the autos. The biggest disappointment for me has been the leaf to bud ratio was dire mould or not.

I want a heated greenhouse now though.....sunshine is awesome but cold and wet weather seems to be a problem.

A heated greenhouse? I thought you were meaning one of those wee plastic ones you can get for around £15, didnt realise you were meaning a proper glass one. A bigger walk-in one would be far too suspicious, even in an outdoor area away from everyone. Could get spotted during a flyover. Even a small plastic one outside will provide enough shelter from the elements and keep the plants warm for a while. I do agre that this summer wasnt the best we have ever had and now we got problems with early morning fog and mist, hopefully that wont impact too much on the remaining outdoor plants. Look forward to seeing the plants being completed and trying some of that vk once ready.

One day bud, one day........need a new house with a secluded garden before I can get a greenhouse for growing weed in.

Lucky if I can have a joint in peace in either front or back garden without a neighbour coming out for a chat and I doubt I could plant anything without them showing an interest.

On a different note my big bro just got back from Amsterdam with nothing but this photo.....
IMG_097435.jpg

Says he accumulated that during his stay and then had to smoke it all on the last night!

And I was quite pleased when I heard that normally when they go the first joint there wrecks them but not so this time....my big bro is the reason I'm low on VK as he likes it as much as I do!:lot-o-toke:

I liked what he had to say about Melon Kush too.....might look into that one.

Wow, that is some amount to smoke in one night, lol. I would have planked it or sent it back in the post. Anytime i have ever had anything sent back from the dam it has always made it back. I have a 100% success rate of it getting through customs. Never get a huge amount sent back just in case it doesnt make it. Around about £30 or so, so if it gets stopped i dont lose a large amount of money. And if it does get stopped you get a letter from customs saying they intercepted a package being sent, should you wish to claim it then to contact them. Aye right, contact them?! That letter goes in the bin and forget about it, lol.

As for the greenhouse that would be good but like you say your house needs to be secluded. And if you did ever do it i would suggest opaque (frosted) windows for the bottom as it would stop people being able to see inside. But you can also grow other plants to disguise them - tomato plants, chilli plants, pepper plants, any sort of vegetable really.

Apologies for the lack of pics lately.

Bad news is one of the 4 VK turned out male......the one I stressed early on and the same one that spend a day lying on it's side when it fell over.

Good news is the remaining 3 VK look like this in week 5 of flowering:

room0910-1.jpg

room0910-2.jpg

room0910-3.jpg

Also managed to get the wee WW auto back from the woods and am going to let that finish indoors. The SCH is still out there but probably not for long......pretty sure I'm going to harvest that before it's fully finished but I'm trying to hang off. The SCH is an auto that is now over 150 days old and the pistils were still all white at the start of the week.

The Mothers Finest is still outside and doesn't look like it's going to do anything worth harvesting. Pretty sure my mate who likes growing it is still waiting for clones from his unreliable source so I'm tempted to try revegging some cuttings rather just do nothing with it. Unfortunately I don't have a veg room at the moment and will need one for popping seeds for myself in a couple of weeks.

Looks good. You should try take some pollen from the male vk and pollinate a branch. Speak to nutty as he feminised his seeds from his thc auto bombs. That way you would have a supply of seeds for a while.

Try hold off till 1st frost or perhaps 2nd for the sch. It will survive a frost or two and give it time to mature. Be nice to have smoke grown in the sun. And clones off the mothers finest would be good for him. That stuff is really nice, fully covered in thc crystals and it great for making bubble with. My other half smokes that bubble and doesnt feel any pain when she has bad days with her lupus.

What seeds you popping next? Also when your new vk ready for chopping? Must be soon.

The male is already gone but didn't see pollen...it was just fluffy flowers and fan leaves so the WW auto is in its place.

Probably another 4 weeks on the vk flowering. only got a few joints left of the last vk run now....been trying to save it for when I can enjoy being violated most lol.

Next run is likely to involve my last 2 vk seeds although toying with the idea on using a 3rd tank for some freebie seeds. Options for the 3rd tank are Black Skull seeds White Widow, Pepperjack Haze or a ShortStuff auto out a mix pack.

The WW would probably be my first choice however the Pepperjack might be similar to Mothers Finest but seeds are cheaper and female so might be less hassle than trying to keep clones going long term. I hate seeing a mate with an empty grow room!

Back
Top Bottom