Kushtie - Multiple Strains - 600W HPS & NFT

room0808-3.jpg

Same plant about 36 hours later.....

room1008-1.jpg

Done a few things better so far this run I reckon:
- 100% germination instead of 50% which I think is down to more thorough pre-soaking of the rockwool cubes I germinate in
- reduced flow rate on hydro pumps. I thought the ugly leave issues on my last VK were caused by low pH preventing the plant from absorbing many of the nutrients it needs but I now suspect flow rate was a factor too.
- made sure they get a dark period. The dark period seems to give them time build up a head of steam for the next day's growth.....can almost see these ones growing in front of you when the light is on.

Another day on...

room1208-1.jpg

The tank that plant in hasn't budged of pH 5.8 all week and is still get most of the 20L in the tank so I have done nothing to the nutrient solution. The other tank crept up to 5.9 so it got a wee splash of diluted pH down last night.

Hopefully should start seeing loads of roots firing about the mat soon.....and then I'll take the white plastic wrapping off the rockwool and cover up the holes. Have heard it said that leaving the wrapping on at this stage helps direct the roots down to the mat rather than letting them grow out the side

Cant remember if i left the wrapping on or took it off. Nft is a great way to grow, i even had roots that went past the mat and were dangling in the tank itself! Only thing with nft is they grow so big so quickly. When i used to do it, even with a lowly 400W hps, at around 6"-8" they had several nodes and were really bushy, they couldnt grow quick enough. By the time i changed to flowering they were massive and ended up being a bit crowded. I think i have some pics somewhere of the plants. Will post them here if i can find them (if you dont mind kushtie?)

Cant remember if i left the wrapping on or took it off. Nft is a great way to grow, i even had roots that went past the mat and were dangling in the tank itself! Only thing with nft is they grow so big so quickly. When i used to do it, even with a lowly 400W hps, at around 6"-8" they had several nodes and were really bushy, they couldnt grow quick enough. By the time i changed to flowering they were massive and ended up being a bit crowded. I think i have some pics somewhere of the plants. Will post them here if i can find them (if you dont mind kushtie?)

Aye bud, if you can find 'em feel free to post them here. :thumb:

With my 3 wee tanks I've been getting roots covering every inch of the mat, off the end of the tray and then back along the bottom of the tank until they are just shy of the pump. At the end of the tank where the tray drips into I've been getting large root balls which I have to cut from the matting when cleaning out the tanks at the end of a run as it doesn't fit through the slot so I can lift all the roots out together.

Tried to find some pics but doesn't look like I downloaded any to my PC. Will try to remember to do more this time :)

Subbed. great journal :thumb:

Good to have you along buddy. :)

Same plant another day on....
room1308-1.jpg

The one that had problems earlier on doesn't look as good as the others though...
room1308-2.jpg

And I did a little rearranging after harvesting my first soil auto....
room1308-3.jpg

The White Widow auto is flowering.....will try to get some macro pics of it later and also get some of my wee auto harvest. Might get an ounce off it lol :)

All looking well here. Dont hydro girls grow quick. :goodjob:

Cheers bud. :) These ones are only supposed to get to 45-55cm but I'm hoping to start flowering about 40cm unless I can make a canopy join up any lower.

my outdoor at 3 weeks are 20cm height and more then 30cm across

Aye, sunshine rules. It's a bit cold here but even so I've been pleasantly surprised by how much faster they grow outside than in. Now I really want a greenhouse! :)

Quick update on the outdoor ones. Been a couple of weeks since I've been able to get out and I figured they could go a feeding.

Autos seem to be doing fine but the photos look like they won't make it.....

mud1608-1.jpg

mud1608-2.jpg

Am guessing the purple ones are either MI5 or Himalaya Blue Diesel since they came out a ShortStuff mix. The only other purple one I know they do is Purple Amnesia which looks like it has thinner leaves than my ones.

mud1608-3.jpg

Super Cali Haze still looks like it's vegging away.

mud1608-4.jpg

Not sure what happened to the Mother Finest. Any ideas?

mud1608-5.jpg

Russian Rocket Fuel hasn't got very big but at least they are flowering and look happy enough to me. ;)

Cheers guys. My guess is either underwatering or cold temps. If I get autos to finish this year I might look into an autopot system out there and see if that helps grow bigger plants. The one I put directly into the ground went south quick.....the ground is just peat which is too acidic (pH of the runoff streams is not much over 4) and has very limited nutrients in it.

Was a nice day out there and for a change the flies have pretty much disappeared so after a few quick pics and a feeding I was going to roll a joint and do some bud pics but before I could even get the skins out I heard a propeller coming and legged it into the trees. It was one of them hand glider with an engine type of things out on a jolly.

The purple buds are almost black with bright white hairs coming out of them.....deffo need to take a proper camera and try for nice pics of those :)

Back
Top Bottom