Kushtie - Multiple Strains - 600W HPS & NFT

Rest is down now too and it was a bigger pile. Not twice as much but still 10oz + hopefully but it's still on the drying rack.

Eventually remembered to do a root pic...

room1311-1.jpg

My next journal starts here - Kushtie - ShortStuff Autos In NFT.

Will get some bud pics of the dry stuff while the last of the VK waits to be weighed.

The White Widow Auto I brought back from outside is still ticking away. Bit leaf burn and stuff but still firing out flowers and fatting up even although she's over 170 days old!

Looking forward to this smoke when she's done. What a trooper she is and looking like my best soil buds yet:)

wwa1811-1.jpg

She's getting about 1L of water a day with 3ml of Plant Magic Oldtimer Bloom nutes. Was giving 4ml but I figured with all the burnt tips I should back off a bit. I attribute this improvement in my soil grows to Atrain's advice on feeding aggressively with autos. Since I brought her home I have been feeding her 1L with at least 2ml nutes pretty much every day regardless of whether I think she needs it and still haven't been getting runoff. Now with my light on for 20 hours instead of 12 I've started increasing the frequency of 1L feeds.

Have also been making sure air can circulate under all around the felt pots too. I'm not giving up on soil here....I shall persevere but just with less plants than I had.

170 days for an auto! You can grow a photo quicker than that. If flowers are still fattening up then continue with it. Does look ready from the pics but you will see better than what we can see on a pic. Perhaps chop off some of the buds that are ready and leave the other for a wee while longer. Chopping the ripe buds shouldn't stress out the plant too much. Dont want to leave the buds too long or those ripe ones will start to deteriorate, just keep a good eye on the trichs. Good work though.

Aye, it got stunted very early, grew for a little while outside then ground to a halt with the cold weather. Dunno if you can see the twisted leaves but when I brought it back inside the leaves were all curled up round the tiny buds.....some sort of deficiency caused by low temps I reckon.

Will get the close up lens on her and have a look....think she's still mostly clear. Lower down the buds look much younger and I just got my 600W on 20/4 so I don't mind leaving her a while yet if she wants to go some more.

I can see it. Has probably been a bit stressed due to cold then warm temps. At this late stage i dont think any problems that you may have with her will be worth the effort, probably onto the final stretch with her for around another month (tops). You could try using some molasses from now till the end, that should fatten up the buds even more, use it along with your feeds and also use it when you start the final flushing. If you cant find molasses then use lyle's black treacle. It is very similar and costs pennies (around £1/£1.50 for a regular sized tin). Use 1 tablespoon per gallon and dont store it once mixed. Easy enough to add to your water - mix with some boiling water from the kettle, give it a good stir and add to your cold water once it all dissolved, give that a good stir or shake then feed as normal. Am sure you can use molasses/treacle for hydro as well but i would do some research before adding that to your nft tank. Last thing you want is your tubes or pump becoming clogged up with sugar but i think in small doses it should be ok.

I wasnt aware that kushtie had mould problems with the last run. But surely bringing in an outdoor plant wouldnt cause mould problems unless that plant had mould on it? And if it did am sure that we would cut off mouldy buds and carefully inspect before adding it to the rest of the grow.

Cheers bud. I got a couple of mouldy buds too this time but thankfully just from the back corner of the room where there wasn't proper airflow as the walls were holding the plants up.

You're probably right that the outdoor girl was a contributing factor to the mould though. The outdoor pot should be out of there long before we have much bud on the hydro autos. I'll be surprised if the outdoor ones makes it to 200 days.

Had a thought after my last response to Glasgrow....I did run photos quicker that this soil auto! The VK I just harvested were started after the WWA. About 100 days from seed to harvest with the VK.

Came up a little short of 10oz on the 2nd tank though. Might have over dried it a bit though.....the 2nd tank was drying with the light on for longer so it dried a bit faster. Not that I dry in my grow room but the HPS makes my whole attic warmer and the drying rack is up there too.

Can't complain too much though....over a pound of stuff that looks like this....

vk1911-1.jpg

:)

Cheer bud :)

Since getting a pH pen and starting my own seeds I've run 5 tanks of plants, 10 plants in those tanks and harvested 40oz from my hydro setup. That gives me an average of 8oz per tank and 4oz per plant. Hopefully my current auto grow will tell me how much putting 4 Russian Rocket Fuels in one tank hurt my per plant average and I can start to bring that up.

Cheer bud :)

Since getting a pH pen and starting my own seeds I've run 5 tanks of plants, 10 plants in those tanks and harvested 40oz from my hydro setup. That gives me an average of 8oz per tank and 4oz per plant. Hopefully my current auto grow will tell me how much putting 4 Russian Rocket Fuels in one tank hurt my per plant average and I can start to bring that up.

Those are very healthy numbers mate. How many lights or watts were you running for that? I''m sure you've already mentioned it but... :)

Those are very healthy numbers mate. How many lights or watts were you running for that? I''m sure you've already mentioned it but... :)

125W CFL to start seedlings and then the 600W dual spectrum HPS for the rest of the grow. I suppose another way to look at it is 2 runs with a 20oz average.

Still sounds pretty good that way too.....could do better but for what I consider as my first year growing it seems pretty good and I've learned loads, made new friends and got a pile of killer weed to smoke.:allgood:

125W CFL to start seedlings and then the 600W dual spectrum HPS for the rest of the grow. I suppose another way to look at it is 2 runs with a 20oz average.

Still sounds pretty good that way too.....could do better but for what I consider as my first year growing it seems pretty good and I've learned loads, made new friends and got a pile of killer weed to smoke.:allgood:

Can't aim much better than that. About .95 grams per watt ;)

Lots of ice, cold water and elbow grease. Got bubbleman bubble bags but split a screen so bought some cheap ones off amazon. Does the job just fine. Work through the 220ų screen, filter through the 160ų, 120ų, 73ų and 25ų screens giving me 4 different smokeable grades. Leave to dry on card for a few days then stick it alltogether (not all the grades together, i keep each one seperate) then i cure it for around 6 weeks. I clean my bubble bags with iso so make some oil that way. Wash them in a bowl, takes all the trichs off and leave the bowl to evaporate of iso. Purge at 150°C for 7 mins then scrape it up.

If you wanna see a method i use and worked from - i adjusted my method slightly and i usually do 3 runs in total.

Wow. Nuggage and Quality. Awesome flowers.:drool:

Well done Kushtie! Your reportage is top notch. Awesome pics.
Which breeder is the WW? She definitely frosty and quite done. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom