L-1-U DIY Grow

Oh yea I almost for about this photo....

rsz_0114.jpg

I knew she wasn't gonna be a big producer but I wasn't going for the quanaity I want quality of the product.

Look at how small she was when I put her in flower on march 11..
009248.JPG

Look at how much she grew under just cfl's

rsz_0124.jpg

Well after looking at Munki's Ebb n Flow journal, that rite there make me want to do a scrog. Now I think I'll have to get some materials needed to do one. I will go to Lowes and Menard's tomorrow and check out prices.

Now I really want to try this out, my lady is lst'd and her canopy is just about level. That's a plus and another reason for my to try out this way of growing.

Before I check out and get the materials I will need to build it. I have a few dumb questions.

1: How far above the canopy of the plant should I but the chicken wire or my netting?
{Remember I'm not vegging anymore}

2: How high should I let the braches get above the net?

3: Do you trim the tops as well once they get to a crertian height above the wire?

I know you trim the under growth to force the focus on the tops and such and sorry for asking suck a dumb question but I had to ask....:laughtwo:

I know for a fact once I get her in the flowering room she is gonna explode with new growth because the light she is used to is only (2) 40 grow bulbs. Once she enters in the bloom room the light will be 6x brighter than what it was in the vegging area.. Just watch her Explode......:cheer::slide::smokin:

Sorry bout the hermie bro, happened to me early into flowering. If it was that late in then you could have probably kept her growing from what i've read. I like your method of growin though man, I swear you've harvested twice since i've started journaling lol. :popcorn::cool:

I hate it when they hermie on ya....Yea I could have kept her growing but I was out of smoke and looking for an excuse to chop at least one of them down.:smokin:

I'm glad to have ya here with me bro.:cheer:

i dont blame you for not being able to resist tokin' up some fresh medicine.
i probably would of did the same if i was out of smoke.
only once the drugs are gone.........
you know the rest.
happy tokin!

i dont blame you for not being able to resist tokin' up some fresh medicine.
i probably would of did the same if i was out of smoke.
only once the drugs are gone.........
you know the rest.
happy tokin!

Yea I know the rest...lol Once it's gone your sh!t out of luck and in the same boat you were just in...:laugh:

Always good to hear from ya yungBeartokin

Hi Light! Take a look into these journals for more "How To" on scrogs.
Papa Greens, LabRat and OBX. They have all done them before!:thumb:

Thanks OMM I'll have to do that, I got a couple hours to kill, before I have to be anywhere....

Good looking out bro

Yea I know the rest...lol Once it's gone your sh!t out of luck and in the same boat you were just in...:laugh:

Always good to hear from ya yungBeartokin

:grinjoint: yessir and i plan on that not happening in the future which is why im going bigger on this upcoming grow.
can never have too much mary jane!
you watchin basketball tonight??
LA and OKC should be a good one

Hi L1up, late but I found ya. Gonna go catch up.

Better late than never my friend...:welcome:

:grinjoint: yessir and i plan on that not happening in the future which is why im going bigger on this upcoming grow.
can never have too much mary jane!
you watchin basketball tonight??
LA and OKC should be a good one

I 2nd that motion... I'm gonna atempt to do a scrog here soon to beef up my numbers a bit.. I won't be able to catch that game because I have to work the night shift, but I did just wake up and watching a little bit of the Atl V Mil game.

:popcorn: Looked over the last twenty or so posts. Looks like you have identified some environmental issues in your grow spot you need to control to get your grows to the next level. Heat was mentioned, but how about airflow? I fed my tent with fresh air 24/7. The CO2 in the air is the primary building block of the plant and cannabinoids so make sure the plants get all they need. Also, the fresh, moving air really helps in controlling molds and fungi.

I really like your LST skills. Great job.

:popcorn: Looked over the last twenty or so posts. Looks like you have identified some environmental issues in your grow spot you need to control to get your grows to the next level. Heat was mentioned, but how about airflow? I fed my tent with fresh air 24/7. The CO2 in the air is the primary building block of the plant and cannabinoids so make sure the plants get all they need. Also, the fresh, moving air really helps in controlling molds and fungi.

I really like your LST skills. Great job.

:welcome: Munki

Thanks for pointing that out to me about the fresh air issue, I'm working on fixing the problem as we speak.. Yea your rite my area is an enclosed room but on the bright side is has a window. Well I think if I open the window and pull back the plastic a little bit that will help with the air flow issue. Hold on, yup I'm back that does help with that issue. I just hate having the window open if you know what I mean..

I'll keep an eye on my temps and try to maximize the airflow. As for the mold and fungis, I have not had any issues with that even with my above average temps. I guess I've been Blessed and Cursed...lol

Every couple hours I open the door and let fresh air in and I'm always going in there looking at my ladies and talking to them, my temps only come to play on warmer dayz like 75-80 degrees or so. This will become an issue with the hot days of summer soon to come. I know once I get a small a/c or and fan to suck the hot air out I'll be straight. I really don't like the idea of having the window open but you can't really see in there and it's roughly 20 foot high so it's not like you can directly see into the room, I might be good. {cross my fingers and knock on wood}

If I had the cash I should get a piece of plywood and drill out two holes and have one for intake and the other is out-take , but that means buying ducts,fans and things I don't have the money for. Damn if I had the money to just do what I want, That would be just fckn awesome. That's a dream maybe I should check my lottery ticket.. :laughtwo::laughtwo::rofl::loopy:

I really prefer to LST, it produces way more bud sites and with my space issue it's the only way I can do this grow. Thank you for your comment about my lst skills.:grinjoint: I really have to give props to the good people of 420 for teaching me this techique.. I knew nothing about it 6 months ago or half of the things I do know...

What's good 420

Well just a little photo update today, I hope you enjoy..:smokin:

Well I thought it though it through and she is gonna veg for a few more weeks after I get the scrog built.. maybe not she will double in size while she flowers more or less, but the longer she vegs, the more buds sites she will have.
rsz_0146.jpg

This lady is just getting fat like a pregant girl. No disrespect ladies.... Look at those buds.. she is at 7 and 1/2 weeks now.. Her last nute feeding was last sunday, she will be flushed for the next few weeks if she last that long...

I will really try not to chop her...:roorrip: :popcorn::reading420magazine::rollit::loopy::hmmmm::goof::hmmmm: oh come on now it's got to be time Just cut her already.

No, I got to wait..

WTF... you know you wanna smoke me:bongrip:
rsz_0102.jpg

Yes I do, but that's why I chopped your sister,
rsz_0174.jpg

{what is left} :smokin:

she will give me what I need untill you are worthy of being chopped...

Don't you hate it when your weed starts talking to you... WTF lol

I think they both look pretty what about you?

Way to go Light That looks delicious. Must be good. I talk to my girls too, but I have yet to have one answer me!:cheer:

That girl is gonna be a hell of good scrog girl. She is going to really repay you with a great harvest. Hope that holds you over till then.:cheer:

It is my hard and fast rule to put the pipe down when my weed talks to me....:smokin:

:reading420magazine: Subscribed finally bro. Will be looking forward to your scrog if you end up going that way.

:peace:

Way to go Light That looks delicious. Must be good. I talk to my girls too, but I have yet to have one answer me!:cheer:

That girl is gonna be a hell of good scrog girl. She is going to really repay you with a great harvest. Hope that holds you over till then.:cheer:

I hope to have the scrog biuilt tomorrow when I got a day off. She wasn't really talking to me, she was more like trying to suduce me... With all of those crystals popping out and the smell just stinking up the room.. Will power I must controll my urge...lol

It is my hard and fast rule to put the pipe down when my weed talks to me....:smokin:

:reading420magazine: Subscribed finally bro. Will be looking forward to your scrog if you end up going that way.

:peace:

I smoked two phat "L"'s to the head this morning after I got out of work and was taking a few sips of some JD {one of my best friends}. Seems like he's always ther to cheer me up when I'm in need..

Good to have ya here MH, yea I went to sleep after my plant tried to suduce me..

Got caught up, sorry I missed a lot of your grow. I didn't recognize you at first. Good luck with the scrog L1, I know you're gonna love it. :thumb:

Nice chop, it's good to see you're pulling nice bud from the cfls.

Glad to have ya here Mmmmick

I hope so, I plan on building it when I get out of work tomorrow.

CFL's is the cheapest way for me and why fix something if it anit broke..:cool:

L-1-U,

Check out this page, CannaStats - The ScrOG Technique

They have a transcript of newsgroup postings from back in the 90s apparently from some of the originators of the ScrOG concept. It was developed as a solution to one of the primary shortcomings of florescent tube lighting; low light penetration. The effective grow distance range is a mere couple of inches so to maximize the amount of plant exposure to that ideal distance was to flatten out the plant. Use of HPS lighting is not the original intent of the method, though can work well in micro grows or larger ones with light movers. Remember that all lighting has to obey the inverse square law and ScrOG deals with that well.

Back
Top Bottom